“Thanks for nothing Delta”

Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Thanks for nothing Delta”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Given voucher as flight canceled after over 4 hour delay by Delta. Front desk staff was pleasant and fast. Room very tired, bathroom functional though faucets and shower head wobble with use. Place needs to be updated/refreshed.
Morning breakfast was fair, but if forced to stay again would choose to eat at airport.
Shuttle service was sufficient, drivers courteous.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Darthbarron
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review.We deeply regret that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I have shared your comments with all the department supervisors.
On behalf of the management team we hope you will give us another chance to welcoming you back in the future.

Sincerely, Shametra Colliers/Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were making a quick trip in and out of Atlanta. The location was perfect. Right next to the airport. Couldn't ask for anything better. Service was great as we were in need of extra pillows the staff was happy to assist. The front desk helped with any questions we had in regards to local shops or restaurants. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for such a nice review! We hope you will continue using the Quality Hotel for all your Atlanta hotel needs. Our customer service staff awaits another opportunity to welcome you back.

Thank you for being our guest.
Shametra Collier
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 March 2014

What a great location, so close to the airport. Best airport hotel in the Atlanta area. Due to weather in the area, I had an unexpected delay at the Atlanta airport. I found this hotel to be not only close, but a great value.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
THANK YOU for such a wonderful review. I have shared this with the entire team and it started our Monday off with excitement. We look forward to welcome you back when your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.

Again, thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We booked here with park-sleep-fly because of 21 nights free parking and it didn't look like a dump. Check in was smooth, everything pretty clean, room was roomy and very quiet, Google TV with lots of channels. Bathroom was ok. Shuttle ran right on time. We left at 6AM and breakfast was already being served and I was able to grab coffee and make myself a good sausage biscuit. Cannot account for the poor reviews....we will stay here again when we fly out of Atlanta.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gatorgolfer
Thank you for being a valued customer of the Quality Hotel and Conference Center. We have a lot of Park & Fly guest that stay with us on a regular basis and very happy to add U to our list.
Our team looks forward to welcoming you again real soon!

Oklahoma
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We had the unfortunate luck to get put up here when our flight to Cancun was cancelled. Shuttle from the airport was a scary, dirty ride. There were several of us in the same situation and while the clerk at the front desk gave us our keys fast, she had no personality. The room smelled musty, the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in months and the plumbing was hanging out of the wall and rusted. There is nothing around the hotel as far as fast food or even a convenient store for something to eat (the area is shady!)so we were stuck with Bowties. The food wasn't terrible, but absolutely nothing memorable about it. The bartendar/waitress was friendly and handled alot of tables and the bar, all by herself (never saw anyone else to help her). Needless to say, we slept on top of the bedding and used other clothing for pillows. It was not pleasant! I would not recommend staying here if you have a choice...Delta seriously must not care about their customers at all to put people in this dump. Avoid!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SpoiledOklahoma
Dear unhappy guest, I would first like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I have addressed all your issues with the management team for immediate attention. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance if you are ever in the Atlanta Airport.

Coldwater
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Back in January I was traveling to visit family for New Years. I stayed at the Quality Hotel Conference Center, because it was close to the airport. The Hotel staff was very friendly, especially those working the front desk. I was checked in and out without any difficulty. My room was very clean and in perfect order, also I received great service at the bar and restaurant. I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone. When you stay here try the fried chicken, "It is excellent".

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Byron J
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
We are happy you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Being a full service hotel with a 30 year plus executive chef we get lots of nice comments on the food specially the fried chicken and catfish!
Thanks again for starting your year off with the Quality Hotel and Conference Center and we all look forward to welcoming you back throughout 2014!!

See you soon!/Shametra
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had the opportunity to experience the excellent service at this hotel conference center and was deeply touched by the friendly and professional service of all the staff. From the moment of check- in to the moment f check-out all was above reproach. The process was speedy (important to a weary traveler). The rooms was cleaned to perfection and sufficiently equipped with everything I might possibly have needed. No call for room service went without immediate response (how wonderful).The food was to-die-for. The buffet spread was not only delicious but beautiful. I thought somebody's grandma was in the kitchen. The deserts were homemade and sooooo good. (hmmmmm).. The staff was also superheroes to many in distress during the snow/ice storm we had during my stay. They worked around the clock helping not only the guest but anyone who came into the hotel. Their demeanor never changed from the same friendly courteous service I had become accustomed to. It was amazing to see them work so professionally during such dire straits. I just want to thank some staff members for making my experience top notch: Shametra, Mary, Robert, Sylvia, Trudy, Angela, and Marcia. You guys are the best. Please forgive me if I missed anyone for I am sure there are others who made the difference in such excellent service. Keep up the great work and Thank you all so very much.

Bonita Jones

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bonita J
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to write such a WONDERFUL review on our Quality Hotel! I have shared this review with all the staff and everyone was so excited. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Quality Hotel and Conference Center in the near future.

Many thanks from a happy manager!
Shametra
Sleep Inn Airport
#16 of 26 in College Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Ramada Atlanta Airport East/Forest Park

Been to Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!