“Bad hotel in ATL” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
New York City, New York
“Bad hotel in ATL”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I missed my flight by 10mins, and had to be re-booked for a flight the following morning. I was given a voucher to stay at the Quality Inn Hotel in College Park. The hotel was not exactly close to the airport and was the worst hotel that I’ve ever stayed in. I was given a room on the 2nd floor and as soon as I got off the elevator I smelled and saw smoke in the hall. I entered into a smoke filled room with dim lighting. There was only one light working. As I looked around the room, I noticed large basketball sized stains on the chairs and carpet. The bathroom looked very dingy and I was not excited about using. I also noticed that I had only one option of using the light or the tv, because only one outlet was working in the room. The outlets were not covered and were all hanging w/out the proper cover.

I asked the front desk for another room, and she told me that she only had smoking rooms left. So after being at the airport 2hrs early at 2pm, being stuck on plane for hours, I’m forced to sleep in a smoky and dingy room.

The reviews from the other Delta flight folks are very true,the staff is nice but the hotel looks like it is on it's last leg and needs a deep clean. I wish I had taken pictures for proof, my only regret.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
I apologize for your unpleasant stay with us. We have new management in the Food and Beverage Department and a new menu. Complimentary breakfast has been upgraded. We have just started a renovation in the hotel and have ordered all new chairs and ottomans for the guest rooms. We just completed the lobby upgrades and pool area. Please give us another change to welcome you back so you can see our new improvements!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Delta put us up in the place when we missed our connection due to a delayed flight. The room smelled like a skunk had been in the room prior to us. We hadn't eaten in about 10 hours so even though it was late we went to the in-house bar and grill. My wife ordered a club sandwich and I ordered a Philly cheese steak. After waiting 50 minutes I asked if they could check on our order, another 15 minutes later we got the food. The club was missing the bacon; we didn't say anything because we didn't have another hour to waste. The only thing nice I can say about this place is that the people working there were nice and they had a free shuttle to and from the airport.

PS. Don't eat the breakfast... WOW it was BAD!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank team-tsquared
Middleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Accepted a voucher from Delta to stay here. The service was good and they kindly helped with early check in and allowing us to pay more to stay in a larger room with our 3 yo son but that's where the positive review ends.

From the moment you walk in the door, to the elevator and into the rooms, you are shocked at how poorly maintained this hotel is. It is filthy, there were stains on the furniture in the room and various parts of the room were in disrepair.

I have been in many hostels that were better maintained. If offered the same voucher again, I would turn it down to pay for a place rather than staying here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Drmoose18
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were forced to spend a night because we missed a flight and the next connecting flight to our destination was at 9:45 am. We had no choice but to accept the Delta voucher. After ten hour of intercontinental flight we were too tired to discuss any further with Delta representatives.

With due respect for staff working here, who treated us politely, this hotel is a dump. In the first room we found leakage on the bathroom floor which made the floor slippery. and dangerous. We asked to move and the second room was very much like the first one, drab and depressing, minus the leakage but plus a disturbing noise caused by flushing and refilling the toilet.

The room and the whole floor smelled of smoke, the furniture looked old, tired and dirty. The restaurant was not much better, but we had no choice having no transport and being stranded in the middle of airport desolation. My husband's hamburger was burned. The waitress offered to get him another one and gave us a discount, but sadly the second hamburger was only slightly less burned than the first.

Throughout the night, the noise of air traffic was non-stop and it was with much relief that we boarded the shuttle back to the airport, hoping to never be back here. Shame on Delta dumping their unfortunate customers over here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
We deeply regret your experience was such a negative one. Renovations are ongoing as I write and the restaurant is under new management with a exciting southern cuisine menu.
I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back in the future.

Shametra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

This hotel was amazing! I never write hotel reviews but this hotel was just amazing! I ate at the restaurant and the service was great! The service for the rooms was great too! I asked for many things during my stay and they were always happy to assist me! You should definitely stay here!!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Our entire team "THANKS YOU" for sharing your recent stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Shametra/Manager
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stay in this hotel when im in Atlanta this is a great hotel. staff will go out of the way to help you the management is great .Motel is very clean and the rooms are nice and very comfortable.Location is great only 15 min from down town Atlanta. Staff make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe B
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked us into the hotel thinking It was not the same place we had stayed in Sep, 13. When we got there it was too late to change our reservation. I now have it posted in big letters in my travel folder so this mistake will not be made again.

Having said how I messed up and got us there again; I want to warn any other travelers looking for a stay & park hotel location near the Atlanta airport. This hotel not only is questionable about how safe your car may be while you are away, the room was dirty (room floors had not been swept, there was mold on the bathroom walls and in the tub, the glasses in the bathroom were dirty, the drapes in the room had stains on them like someone had thrown a drink on them and no one had cleaned them, there were stains on the towels and the A/C did not work very well and it was loud). There was a bar that served sandwiches but that was all. The breakfast food was gone by the time we got down to have breakfast. Left was some fruit and bread for toast. The nearest non-fast food resturant was about 15 miles away.

I take pride in finding comfortable clean places to stay as we travel. I sure messed up on this one, but never again. Stay away. It is worth it to pay a little more and feel safe.

Room Tip: Go to another location near the airport.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael3735
Shametra C, Manager at Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
I was very disappointed after reading your review. I have addressed all your issues with each department manager. The restaurant is open until midnight and serves Steak, seafood, chicken etc. with a full bar. The complimentary breakfast is over at 9AM, but we do leave coffee, fruit out while the waitress puts await the breakfast items. I am really sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. I would personally like to welcome you back with a suite upgrade if you would allow us another opportunity!

Sincerely/Shametra