“Dingy”
Review of Sleep Inn Airport

Sleep Inn Airport
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Dingy, inattentive staff, and that most unforgivable sin -- no caffeinated coffee at breakfast! That's why I can't give this place more than 2 stars. The positives: very close to the airport, the adjacent chain restaurant stays open till 11pm (great when flying in late,) and no obvious bugs.

The hotel where my conference was being held seemed a bit pricy, so I decided to stay at the cheaper hotel next door and save maybe $40 per night. Wasn't worth it. This hotel was dark, it was dingy (see the attached photo of my window -- you can't even see through it!), the desk lady was too busy playing with her smart phone to check me out in the morning, and at about 8:30am there was no caffeinated coffee left at the not-very-impressive free breakfast downstairs. I didn't try it, but apparently there is only Internet in the common areas.

After one night I decided to bail out and head to a fun Atlanta neighborhood called "Buckhead" for my remaining nights. I got a weekend rate only $30 more then this place at a truly nice place, and I had very fun restaurants and shops all in walking distance. The drive to the conference was only 30 minutes.

Bottom line: this place is not worth it. Stay someplace nice and fun for very little more.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 September 2012

Our stay, despite a good location, was mediocre with simple requests such as extra towels, aggravating. Only one ice machine on four floors worked. Rooms and decor are tired. There are several other choices in the immediate area. Try one of them first.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hazl08
Reviewed 8 September 2012

They ran my debit card prior to my arrival and did not notify me when I checked in and gave them cash. Then in the morning when I decided I wanted to put it on my credit card to get the cash back I had to argue with them bc they tried to claim they could not give me my money back [funny because when they demanded another card when I checked in they said if I didnt give a card I'd have to pay a $50 deposit..how would they have tried to spin that one?] after arriving home i saw they charged my credit card 3 times! so I had to call my credit card company and made them aware that only one of the charges was legitimate so they disputed the others and gave me credits pending investigation. Just looked at my statement nearly a MONTH after staying here and there is a brand new pending charge from them! so of course I called the credit card company right away but dont give these people your credit or debit cards or they will SCREW you. I cant imagine if this was my debit card what a nightmare correcting it would be. also the employees are stupid and rude as heck. I just called and left a message for the manger and of course it was a waste of my breath bc i know the employee didnt write jack down.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel was difficult to get to because of the crazy road system around the airport. We arrived early and no rooms were available, but the hotel let us leave our large suitcases while we went off to Stone Mountain for the day. Once we returned at 2200, check in was easy and the front desk person was pleasant. Breakfast was the typical continental type but the eating area is very small. We were able to pay $25.50 to keep the room until 1400, which was helpful and enabled us to go to Centennial Olympic Park and Coke Museum. Upon returning to the hotel, we loaded up all the luggage (a LOT) and they kept it until our friends took a shuttle to the international terminal at 1700. Not all hotels go to the new terminal so it was great that this one does. The manager was very helpful and kept an eye on our Italian friends until their departure. The hotel is a bit dated but clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2012

My duvet had a cigarette hole in it, the sheet had a big hole in it, one of the wash rags had yellow stains. I paid cash at check in and the girl demanded a credit card "in case of incidentals" despite my protest my debit card info was already on the reservation. Oh and the fact that she had already ran my debit card which she failed to mention. When I went to check out I was told I could not get my cash back and put my payment on a card and when I request she call the manager she actually laughed and said that's not gonna happen. I still had no idea my debit card had a hold on it. When I discovered this (i had paid with my credit card for the points) I called and I told her I should have been told my debit card had already been ran and she informed me that they shouldnt have to tell customers they should know like this policy is spelled out on the website or something. These people are rude and inept and messing with people's money. The whole experience is way more of a headache than this place is worth.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank ckelly0712
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I had a good experience with this motel. Breakfast was good, room were clean. But only they didn't had Flat screens in my room and also the window wasn't clean. Front desk was always cooperative but nobody answered the phone when i tried to do Wake-up call.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Benoted
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We were offered a clean room and access to the airport via shuttle. We left our vehicle there all week with no issues. Breakfast is great! Make a waffle...they are wonderful and easy! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
#13 of 26 in College Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North

Been to Sleep Inn Airport? Share your experiences!