“Clean, spacious, good price”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Jacksonville, Florida
“Clean, spacious, good price”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed one night while waiting for our flight to leave the next day. The price was great and the accomodations were perfect. We enjoyed the balcony, as the weather wasn't too hot and it afforded my son the opportunity to watch some airplanes take off and land. Inside the room, which was thankfully immune from airplane noise (how do they do that?), we found the beds to be very comfortable. The work station was a perfect place for me to catch up on some business on my laptop and the chair was exceptionally comfortable, especially after a long vacation hiking in the mountains. The lighting in the room was perfect and if you like, you can open the curtains all the way and use natural light from the sliding glass doors. There was a large flat screen TV and my son stayed up late watching the National Geographic Channel. The bathroom was clean and there were plenty of clean towels. The air conditioner was fully functional; you may want to set the "fan" to run all the time if you have the misfortune of being close to rude, noisy guests. Unfortunately, there is no breakfast included in the room rate, and the on-site restaurant, though tasty, is a complete rip-off. Additionally, the concession stand in the lobby is nothing short of highway robbery (we paid over $10 for two soft drinks, a bag of chips, and a candy bar). I would suggest eating off site if you have transportation.

Overall, this hotel was clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel for business and leisure travelers. If you are flying out of Hartsfield International Airport, there is a free airport shuttle that runs 24 hours a day and leaves every 20 minutes or so. I would stay again if the need arose.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Alabama
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My family headed to Atlanta on 6/15 to see a Braves game on 6/16. I made reservations in mid-town for the 16th but knew we would be getting to town later in the evening and didn't want to pay mid-town prices just to sleep on the 15th so we stayed here. I reserved a king room with a sofabed directly through Marriott because the rate was SO good. I wouldn't allow myself to read the other reviews here because I figured there was a reason I was able to get it for $67 a night (that's taxes and all) and didn't really want to know what they were!
When my husband returned to the car after checking in he said the lady at the desk told him we would need a bigger room than the one I reserved so she gave us a double suite for the same price! It was an actual suite, with a door between the bedroom and living area. Upon entering, the hallway smelled fresh and clean, the elevator didn't have the fingerprints all over the walls that never fail to turn my stomach. The room was spacious and very clean. TRUST ME...I CHECKED! The sheets were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the ac worked great. The courtyard was quaint and clean but didn't have a lot to look at. The water pressure was good but the bathroom was a bit small. Even the balcony was clean! I have stayed at much more costly hotels that had dirt caked in the corners and in the tracks of the sliding door, not this one! There weren't any sheets for the sofabed but we called down and they were sent up right away.
The kids really enjoyed watching all of the planes coming and going and once we were inside for the night, the noise didn't bother us at all.
I have two cons to list about the place, which are really not reflections on the hotel, but just wanted to mention. The immediate area is ok, there are a few places to eat not far from the hotel. I would not advise venturing much further than these restaurants. We went to the closest convenience store and....the kids would not get out of the car. I had to sit with them while my husband went in. To be honest, if I had been alone, I wouldn't have either. I felt perfectly safe at the hotel though.
The second, there was apparently a family reunion being held at the hotel. No issue with that really but, they had pretty much taken the place over. My kids wanted to go to the pool but after checking it out from our balcony and seeing there were so many kids from the group in there, with very little supervision, they changed their minds. We would normally have spent some time in the courtyard, but the group had taken that over too. Every chair out there had been moved over to where they were gathered, which happened to be pretty much right under our room and the noise level certainly prevented any relaxation. The kids went to the lobby, checking out media pods etc, they had taken over there also. It is one thing to be in a crowded hotel, where there are solo and smaller groups of people who are minding their manners and personal space. It's quite another in situations like this.
I would stay here again, but I would be sure to ask if any large groups had bookings first.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

We booked the hotel through priceline. The staff is very Friendly and Accommodating. They will allow you to park for up to 7 days for 20 dollars, which is much cheaper than parking at the airport. There is also a free shuttle which runs every 15 minutes. I would be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Knifeman1
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 27 May 2012

They've done a great job maintaining this property. The decor is beautiful and the staff is super helpful and friendly. They have a Starbucks right in the hotel which is great and a little bar and restaurant that is stylish and cute. They even had happy hour. I needed something to remain frozen and they gladly put it in their kitchen for me. The price is right and the shuttle to the airport is convenient.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The hotel offers basic requirements for a quick stay near the airport. They have complimentary airport shuttle which works efficiently and is a reliable option for travel. The hotel does not have a full service restaurant however you have Joe at Sullivans and Ruby Tuesdays at walkable distance (I would recommend Ruby Tuesday).

Room Tip: Ask for room on the higher floor and away from the lift. Nothing great about the view so forget abou...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is an older, traditional-style Courtyard (rectangular shape, courtyard in center, pool in rear) with modern lobby complete with Bistro and offering Starbucks coffee. Rooms are OK for a one-night airport area stay. TV is flat screen and has HD offerings. Exercise room had good cardio equipment. Shuttle operates every 20 minutes. Hotel is very close to ATL airport. Room was quiet, no airplane noise. Restaurant options limited without a car. Recommended for a one-night stay for airport.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Blue Ridge, Georgia
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Stayed at this Courtyard on 12/18/11. Basic hotel but clean, adequate amenities, and courteous and helpful staff. Got a good price, which included dinner or breakfast, and we chose dinner, which was provided right at the Courtyard Cafe. Also used the shuttle to the airport, and that was fast and the driver helpful and courteous. Good security, also.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#7 of 26 in College Park
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road? Share your experiences!