Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
US$148
US$139
  • Breakfast included
Atlanta Airport Marriott(College Park)
US$173
US$73
US$150
US$126
  • Pool
All reviewstypical courtyardcourtyard marriottfront deskbistro foodupdated lobbyatlanta airportfree shuttlenice propertybusiness centerruns every minutesrooms are cleanruby tuesdaysbusiness tripan overnight staywould definitely stay here againupon checkstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My family headed to Atlanta on 6/15 to see a Braves game on 6/16. I made reservations in mid-town for the 16th but knew we would be getting to town later in the evening and didn't want to pay mid-town prices just to sleep on the 15th so we stayed here. I reserved a king room with a sofabed directly through Marriott because the rate was SO good. I wouldn't allow myself to read the other reviews here because I figured there was a reason I was able to get it for $67 a night (that's taxes and all) and didn't really want to know what they were!
When my husband returned to the car after checking in he said the lady at the desk told him we would need a bigger room than the one I reserved so she gave us a double suite for the same price! It was an actual suite, with a door between the bedroom and living area. Upon entering, the hallway smelled fresh and clean, the elevator didn't have the fingerprints all over the walls that never fail to turn my stomach. The room was spacious and very clean. TRUST ME...I CHECKED! The sheets were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the ac worked great. The courtyard was quaint and clean but didn't have a lot to look at. The water pressure was good but the bathroom was a bit small. Even the balcony was clean! I have stayed at much more costly hotels that had dirt caked in the corners and in the tracks of the sliding door, not this one! There weren't any sheets for the sofabed but we called down and they were sent up right away.
The kids really enjoyed watching all of the planes coming and going and once we were inside for the night, the noise didn't bother us at all.
I have two cons to list about the place, which are really not reflections on the hotel, but just wanted to mention. The immediate area is ok, there are a few places to eat not far from the hotel. I would not advise venturing much further than these restaurants. We went to the closest convenience store and....the kids would not get out of the car. I had to sit with them while my husband went in. To be honest, if I had been alone, I wouldn't have either. I felt perfectly safe at the hotel though.
The second, there was apparently a family reunion being held at the hotel. No issue with that really but, they had pretty much taken the place over. My kids wanted to go to the pool but after checking it out from our balcony and seeing there were so many kids from the group in there, with very little supervision, they changed their minds. We would normally have spent some time in the courtyard, but the group had taken that over too. Every chair out there had been moved over to where they were gathered, which happened to be pretty much right under our room and the noise level certainly prevented any relaxation. The kids went to the lobby, checking out media pods etc, they had taken over there also. It is one thing to be in a crowded hotel, where there are solo and smaller groups of people who are minding their manners and personal space. It's quite another in situations like this.
I would stay here again, but I would be sure to ask if any large groups had bookings first.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

We booked the hotel through priceline. The staff is very Friendly and Accommodating. They will allow you to park for up to 7 days for 20 dollars, which is much cheaper than parking at the airport. There is also a free shuttle which runs every 15 minutes. I would be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Knifeman1
Reviewed 27 May 2012

They've done a great job maintaining this property. The decor is beautiful and the staff is super helpful and friendly. They have a Starbucks right in the hotel which is great and a little bar and restaurant that is stylish and cute. They even had happy hour. I needed something to remain frozen and they gladly put it in their kitchen for me. The price is right and the shuttle to the airport is convenient.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The hotel offers basic requirements for a quick stay near the airport. They have complimentary airport shuttle which works efficiently and is a reliable option for travel. The hotel does not have a full service restaurant however you have Joe at Sullivans and Ruby Tuesdays at walkable distance (I would recommend Ruby Tuesday).

Room Tip: Ask for room on the higher floor and away from the lift. Nothing great about the view so forget about it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is an older, traditional-style Courtyard (rectangular shape, courtyard in center, pool in rear) with modern lobby complete with Bistro and offering Starbucks coffee. Rooms are OK for a one-night airport area stay. TV is flat screen and has HD offerings. Exercise room had good cardio equipment. Shuttle operates every 20 minutes. Hotel is very close to ATL airport. Room was quiet, no airplane noise. Restaurant options limited without a car. Recommended for a one-night stay for airport.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business