“Great Airport Hotel”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Close to the airport (with a free shuttle service) so serves the purpose well if you want to stay right next to ATL airport.

Rooms are great, spacious, and wifi is free (and works quite well).

No free breakfast but you can get a brekkie from the small restaurant in the hotel lobby as early as 6 am (Decent options).

Considering its an airport hotel, there arent many restaurants around (Theres a TGIF which is about a 10 min walk from the hotel).

Would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to stay close to the airport. Good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Jamie w, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Finding Neverland,

I am so pleased to find that you had a good experience during your stay. We strive to provide a welcoming environment, convenient amentities, as wel as a good night'ssleep in our newly renovated property. I hope that if you find yourself in the Arlanta airport area again, you will return to our hotel again. Thank you for time and effort to post on your experience. Best regards!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I enjoyed the stay as hotel is nice and new looking with secure parking. The staff was very friendly. Kudos to housekeeping and the manager was very professional and courteous. Only issue is that the desk staff was possibly under trained. There were numerous errors with my resevation and others in our soccer team group. The good newsu is they were handled exceptionally well and everyone was happy in the end. Just be sure to follow up and check details. Also, be aware that dining options are limited in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is our second visit to The Courtyard Atlanta Airport South and I can recommend it.

Our room was modern, clean, spacious and comfortable. It was overlooking the car park and although I heard cars coming and going it wasn't too noisy.

The bathroom (always a good test) was clean and fresh smelling, no nasty shower curtain smell.

Quick and easy check in.

Car Parking was $8 per night, but we knew this before we booked it.

Free internet access.

I would stay here again if I was travelling into or out of Atlanta and needed an overnight stay.

Our GPS/SATNAV can never find the road the hotels are on but an APP called NAVFREE USA on our Iphone/Ipad took us straight there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jamie w, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear wahp Guest,

We are so pleased to hear of your pleasant experience at our hotel! we sincerely appreciate your time to mention the service & accomadations we were able to give give you. We hope you will stay with us again if you are ever back in Atlanta!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2013

On 8/14, Delta had mechanical issues which got the plane late into Mobile and subsequently late into Atl which caused us to "miss" our flights to Tokyo-then-Singapore. Basically added 24 hours to our 32 hour trip. Got put in this hotel by Delta and these folks were above reproach when it came to professionalism and service. I have dealt with many high end Marriott properties throughout the world as my Marriott status will attest and while this location can't compete with the others, I can say the staff here made our stay very nice.
The food, the unique individual booths with tv's were very nice ad ons.
If in the future Delta does this to us again, it won't be so painful knowing Ruth and her crew will ease the issue.

Room Tip: All rooms were good but closer to lobby is a good idea as far as food, ice, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jamie w, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Greetings to our friend in Mobile, Al!

I just wanted to take a moment to convey our appreciation for taking the time to inform us of your pleasant experince at our hotel. We are certainly sorry for the cause of your stay, but we are happy to have had you as a guest and very glad it was an enjoyable stay. We hope that next time your in Atlanta you will keep us in mind for overnight accomadations!

Best regards

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Decided to stay here on the way to our Florida vacation. Big mistake. The rooms were so humid everything felt wet. The smell of mildew was overwhelming. I stay at a lot of Courtyards and have never had this bad of an experience before. There is no way I would stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Jamie w, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Guest,

We truly apologize for your less than satisfactory experience at our property. The Courtyard Atlanta Airport South was just 100% rennovated, completed in February of this year. Our
'New" Courtyard also features a fully digitally monitored Air Conditioning system, equiped with a hygrometeric regulator to insure the hotel's humidtiy levels remain at approximately 50%, which is genarally comfortable/typical for an indoor, air-conditioned environment in an extremely humid climate, such as Atlanta. We have experienced excessive rain this summer here in Georgia, and at times, the outdoors can seem quite sodden, especially when transitioning from outside into a climate-controlled, indoor facility.

Again, we sincerely regret that you did not find your stay with us pleasing . We hope that you and your family enjoyed your vacation to Florida. If/when you are in Atlanta again, we would very much like you to re-visit our property and give us the opportunity to show you a comfortable, "New Stay" at Courtyard Atlanta-Airport South.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel clean spacious Room. Somewhat disappointed that they charge for parking while staying at Hotel. Did not like the fact that the TV was to the side of the bed not in front of it I would stay again simply because it's so close to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013

Mike,

Thank you so much for staying with us at Courtyard by Marriott, Atlanta Airport South. We sincerely appreciate your business as well as your time to provide us with feedback so that we can make your next stay with us even better. We did implement the $8 parking charge back in September of 2012 so that we can provide our guest a gated, safe, & security guard monitored lot. As many of our guest do leave their vehicles on property while they are traveling. Also, we would be happy to customize the television placement in the room on your next visit so that it is more suitable/comfortable for your viewing. Thank you again for your choosing Courtyard, we look forward to your next stay!

Best Regards.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I spent 2 night here this weekend and was very disappointed with my stay. I checked in Friday night and the receptionist wasnt too friendly. The room was nice, clean, and comfortable. I'd left my cell phone in the glove compartment and I decided to test both keys to make sure they worked. One didnt. I took it to the receptionist who told me my cellphone, which was in the car and never was close to the key, deactivated the card because she just activated it! I was shocked of being accused and not even asked. She was NOT friendly at all. She gave me another key and I left the desk. I stayed on the 2nd floor and their were drunk guest coming in after 2 trying to get in my room and knocking on doors. I figured they were drunk, loud, and lost. No fault of the hotel. When the doors shut, they slam. So you can hear guest going in and out the doors at night. I didnt get any sleep Friday night. Saturday night was better even though I could here kids upstairs running, jumping, and playing. Just being children. After trying to leave, my keys stopped working and I had to get buzzed out of the parking lot. I LOVE Marriott properties, but this is the first one that I would never stay in again. The price was low and reasonable but you're charged $8 to park in their parking lot a day. Receptionist also didnt mention there was a $200 hold on my card. Very disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
ATLCA, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thank you for your time to give us a feedback of your recent stay here at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South. First and foremost please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you’ve experienced during your stay. Please be assured that we will address the negative perception that the front desk staff has left on you.
Please feel free to contact me or the manager on duty at the hotel directly if there are still concerns with the credit card hold, we are happy to look into it further.
Please contact me directly at 770 997 2220 Ext 601 if you are returning to the area so we can make sure your stay is everything that’s expected from a Marriott.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road? Share your experiences!