“Clean and close to airport”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Nice and close to the airport. Checking in was easy and friendly staff. Rooms are clean too. I did order a sandwich on the evening of the 17th. Normally I would not comment on the service I received and just chalk it up to someone having a bad day. Her attitude made me feel like I was putting her out. I smiled and even thanked her when she handed me my food. I received nothing back, no thank you, smile or any type of acknowledgement. I understand people have bad days. A simple acknowledgement would have been nice.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ABC360
ATLCA, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.
We would certainly love to regain your confidence, please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss at the phone number listed below or by email.

Zsuzsa Nagy
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South
zsuzsa.nagy@marriott.com
770-997-2220x601

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I wanted to thank the Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road for a great stay after a less than thrilling stay with La Quinta Inn. The room was very comfortable, clean, and modern. There are a bunch of Marriott properties near the airport, but this Courtyard didn't have the giant hotel feel teeming with people and long lines. The hotel staff accommodated very well and even went above and beyond when I left my cell phone on the shuttle bus, by promptly shipping it to my home. They even had a little pizza restaurant for quick stay people like my trip and the pizza was very good. If you don't like big tower hotels this is a great option. FYI, the pool is nice but small and the hot tub has been closed, kind of a bummer.

Room Tip: Breakfast non-existent
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pplvan
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Close to the airport (with a free shuttle service) so serves the purpose well if you want to stay right next to ATL airport.

Rooms are great, spacious, and wifi is free (and works quite well).

No free breakfast but you can get a brekkie from the small restaurant in the hotel lobby as early as 6 am (Decent options).

Considering its an airport hotel, there arent many restaurants around (Theres a TGIF which is about a 10 min walk from the hotel).

Would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to stay close to the airport. Good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Jamie w, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Finding Neverland,

I am so pleased to find that you had a good experience during your stay. We strive to provide a welcoming environment, convenient amentities, as wel as a good night'ssleep in our newly renovated property. I hope that if you find yourself in the Arlanta airport area again, you will return to our hotel again. Thank you for time and effort to post on your experience. Best regards!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I enjoyed the stay as hotel is nice and new looking with secure parking. The staff was very friendly. Kudos to housekeeping and the manager was very professional and courteous. Only issue is that the desk staff was possibly under trained. There were numerous errors with my resevation and others in our soccer team group. The good newsu is they were handled exceptionally well and everyone was happy in the end. Just be sure to follow up and check details. Also, be aware that dining options are limited in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is our second visit to The Courtyard Atlanta Airport South and I can recommend it.

Our room was modern, clean, spacious and comfortable. It was overlooking the car park and although I heard cars coming and going it wasn't too noisy.

The bathroom (always a good test) was clean and fresh smelling, no nasty shower curtain smell.

Quick and easy check in.

Car Parking was $8 per night, but we knew this before we booked it.

Free internet access.

I would stay here again if I was travelling into or out of Atlanta and needed an overnight stay.

Our GPS/SATNAV can never find the road the hotels are on but an APP called NAVFREE USA on our Iphone/Ipad took us straight there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Jamie w, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear wahp Guest,

We are so pleased to hear of your pleasant experience at our hotel! we sincerely appreciate your time to mention the service & accomadations we were able to give give you. We hope you will stay with us again if you are ever back in Atlanta!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2013

On 8/14, Delta had mechanical issues which got the plane late into Mobile and subsequently late into Atl which caused us to "miss" our flights to Tokyo-then-Singapore. Basically added 24 hours to our 32 hour trip. Got put in this hotel by Delta and these folks were above reproach when it came to professionalism and service. I have dealt with many high end Marriott properties throughout the world as my Marriott status will attest and while this location can't compete with the others, I can say the staff here made our stay very nice.
The food, the unique individual booths with tv's were very nice ad ons.
If in the future Delta does this to us again, it won't be so painful knowing Ruth and her crew will ease the issue.

Room Tip: All rooms were good but closer to lobby is a good idea as far as food, ice, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jamie w, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Greetings to our friend in Mobile, Al!

I just wanted to take a moment to convey our appreciation for taking the time to inform us of your pleasant experince at our hotel. We are certainly sorry for the cause of your stay, but we are happy to have had you as a guest and very glad it was an enjoyable stay. We hope that next time your in Atlanta you will keep us in mind for overnight accomadations!

Best regards

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Decided to stay here on the way to our Florida vacation. Big mistake. The rooms were so humid everything felt wet. The smell of mildew was overwhelming. I stay at a lot of Courtyards and have never had this bad of an experience before. There is no way I would stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Jamie w, Public Relations Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Guest,

We truly apologize for your less than satisfactory experience at our property. The Courtyard Atlanta Airport South was just 100% rennovated, completed in February of this year. Our
'New" Courtyard also features a fully digitally monitored Air Conditioning system, equiped with a hygrometeric regulator to insure the hotel's humidtiy levels remain at approximately 50%, which is genarally comfortable/typical for an indoor, air-conditioned environment in an extremely humid climate, such as Atlanta. We have experienced excessive rain this summer here in Georgia, and at times, the outdoors can seem quite sodden, especially when transitioning from outside into a climate-controlled, indoor facility.

Again, we sincerely regret that you did not find your stay with us pleasing . We hope that you and your family enjoyed your vacation to Florida. If/when you are in Atlanta again, we would very much like you to re-visit our property and give us the opportunity to show you a comfortable, "New Stay" at Courtyard Atlanta-Airport South.

Regards,

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road? Share your experiences!