“The Tarrer Inn and Swamp Gravy are Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tarrer Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colquitt
Tarrer Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Colquitt B&B and Inns
Enterprise, Alabama
“The Tarrer Inn and Swamp Gravy are Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2005

We have stayed at the Tarrer Inn before and will continue to go back. You must go see the town's production of Swamp Gravy if you ever get the chance. We are going to buy a large group of tickets to give to friends for Christmas for the March/April production.

This stay at the Inn was not as wonderful as our previous stays but we still loved it. The building is beautiful. The grand staircase takes you to the upper level where the majority of the rooms are located. Our room had a musty (closed up) smell. I asked for candle and they gladly provided one along with some air freshener. The room was very clean and is decorated with antiques as are all rooms. We love sitting out on the balcony in the evening. The Inn is on the square of the little town and is very nice.

Any meal you can have at the Inn is wonderful! Be sure to make reservations. I highly recommend all of the food. Try the swamp gravy. I grew up eating it but those who have never had it really like it. You eat it with your cornbread. The breakfast is also great.

One good thing about small towns, husbands (or wives!) can sit in the drawing room and see an SEC game while their spouses shop for antiques just across the street or around the square. We went with friends and they loved it. They had never been but plan on returning with us in the Spring. My friend and I like it because we could shop while our husbands were distracted with the Georgia game!

My father is from Colquitt, so I have a special place in my heart for this community. If you want to see what small town Southern America is, plan on spending a weekend. I think you'll be glad you did!

P.S. Be sure to try the Mayhaw jelly!

• Stayed October 2005
11 Thank NurseHolt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colquitt
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bainbridge
Days Inn Blakely
Days Inn Blakely
#1 of 5 in Blakely
Garden Path Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Tarrer Inn? Share your experiences!