“Friendly Staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Texas
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

All the staff said hello with a smile. The head housekeeper even checked to see if we were pleased with the way our room was cleaned on our second day.
We had two rooms for our family members attending our son's basic training graduation from Fort Benning.
We were there for one weekday evening meal. The meal was okay.
Breakfast selection was good and the staff was checking with everyone to see if anyone needed anything. They kept the area clean and the food fresh.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 11 May 2015
Thank you so very much for allowing our hotel to be of service to you during your recent stay. We appreciate your comments and trust you will allow us to be of service to you again in the near future.

Safe travels!

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Kansas
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stay here for a month at a time each year and during short (up to a week) trips to work at FT Benning. What makes this place "Excellent" (and i don't like to rate a discount hotel excellent) is the people that work here. When I checked in, it had been 6 months since my last visit, but the desk clerk greeted me by name. At breakfast, the ladies that work here all said "Welcome back". The breakfast ladies work hard to try and give you a good breakfast (with what they have to work with). The housekeeping staff are all friendly and do a very good job. I like the room layouts here; you can get a room that has a sitting room and a bed room, or you can get a "studio" room that has a work desk. The building is a typical Homewood Suites, but what makes it special is the people. I always stay here in Columbus.

Room Tip: If you need a work desk, ask for a studio room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
amandaryals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay here at the Homewood Suites, You are the best kind of guest... A REPEAT guest! That means we are doing something right - not just once but every time! We hope that the Homewood Suites will always be your first choice when traveling to Columbus. Again, thank you for sharing this with us. Hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Ryals - Director of Sales
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for business (4 nights). We were pleasantly surprised with the manager's reception the first night we arrived (we didn't know about this) and the food was actually very good, along with wine and beer. Simone, the evening staff serving the dinner, was outstanding ! She was so pleasant, always smiling, and eager to help us. The breakfast was the average mid-price hotel breakfast, but the staff was just so very nice.....honestly can't think of any other place I recently stayed were ALL of the staff (front desk too!) were just so very, very friendly. We loved the positive interaction! There were two downsides (1) the walls must are so thin.....we could hear the couple's conversation next to us through the wall.....and they weren't necessarily talking loudly; (2) the window A/C was VERY loud. If I was there in the summer I would never make it through the night, so unfortunately, I have already decided to stay there only during the winter months.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and trust if you are in Columbus again you will allow us to be of service to you.

Safe travels and come see us again soon!

Baltimore
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at the Homewood Suites for my son's Ranger Graduation and had an excellent stay. It was about a 20 minute drive to the Fort, which my son had suggested. If you're going to Fort Benning for a graduation you don't want to stay anywhere on Victoria Drive or below exit 6. The Homewood Sutes was in a great neighborhood with stores and restaurants very close by. The staff at Homewood Suites were all so nice, friendly and helpful, Tiffany on the front desk was so sweet and waved every time we came in or left. Every morning that we went down for breakfast the entire staff said good morning and asked if they could help us in any way. The breakfast was great with eggs, waffles, cereals, oatmeal, danishes and more. In the evenings we went down for a complimentary drink, we didn't stay for the dinner because my son wanted to go to different restaurants. The hotel is nicely laid out and beautifully decorated. The court yard is so pretty with fountains and rocks. The room we stated in was perfect, clean and spacious and fit the four of us very comfortably. It helped to have the bedroom so we could spread out and the two tvs were great since my husband was the only one who liked to watch the news. The housekeeping staff were awesome, so friendly and accommodating. They all congratulated my son and I had wonderful conversations with a couple of them...Sharon was so nice. We didn't really use the kitchen, but everything you would need was there and it was a great layout. I read a previous review by someone who stayed in room 201 which is the room we stayed in and I thought it was very clean..there were a few spots on the rug but nothing too bad, and I didn't think the heating unit was louder than any other hotel. I also read a review about someone saying the curtains didn't close and they didn't, but if you looked behind them, there were privacy, black out curtains that could be closed all the way. I actually didn't find them until the second day because they fit so snugly behind the curtains. I guess my only complaint would be that the sofa bed wasn't comfortable at all, but then again, I've rarely found a comfortable sofa bed. My son slept on the pull out mattress one night, then switched to just sleeping on the sofa which was more comfortable. I also didn't hear much road noise but you could hear people in the parking lot until about 10:00 pm. All in all, it was a very comfortable stay and I would definitely stay there again if we returned. I don't often give five star ratings, but in my opinion the Homewood Suites deserves it!

Room Tip: I believe the rooms on the upper levels are quieter
1 Thank colby1001
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your stay with us. Congratulations on your sons Ranger Graduation from Ft. Benning. We know you must be very proud parents and we appreciate his service for our country! We hope you will allow us to serve you again should you travel to Columbus in the future.
Headland, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2014

No fitted bottom sheets and road noise equal bad sleep. Road noise could have been eliminated by moving but fought sheets all night. Staff was very good and all other amenities were above average. Nice functional kitchen and very good TV's.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 2 September 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to always deliver outstanding customer service and products to each and every guest. However, there are times when we miss an opportunity to do so. I would like to discuss your stay with you in further detail. Will you please contact me at 706.660.1915 or via email - aryals@vhghotels.com.

Thank you again for your comments and an opportunity tor us to improve. I look forward to hearing from you.

St Marys, GA
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed in main building room 201. Living room carpet needed shampooing, air conditioning/heating unit very loud, housekeeping didn't clean room one day with no explanation. Stayed there a couple of months ago with no problems at all...not sure what happened over the past few months.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dothan, AL
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

The front desk clerk (Melissa) was very friendly and helpful in getting my family in one suite for a great price. They have a patio area with a waterfall feature and a propane fire pit. Breakfast was delicious-- smoked sausage, eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal, oatmeal... Great location with several resturants nearby.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 12 August 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay. We're thrilled you had a great stay and hope to see you again in our hotel should you travel back to our area. We appreciate your business and your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to being of service to you again.

Again, thank you for your review!