“Hotel for Ft. Benning Travel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hillsborough, North Carolina
“Hotel for Ft. Benning Travel”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

If you have a soldier that will be staying with you, this hotel is good. It will accommodate a large family for Turning Blue and Graduation from Ft. Benning. We had two double beds that actually felt more like queens and a fold out sofa.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. Please allow our hotel to be of service again should you travel back to Columbus.

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Snellville, Georgia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Homewood Suites is a good place to stay in Columbus. It's very convenient to many good restaurants and shopping. It's also convenient to many industries for business travellers. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Jonathan G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Bill,
I am happy to hear that you will be staying with us again when you visit Columbus! We work hard to ensure that our guests are repeat customers and that we get to know them better after each visit. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience and we look forward to seeing you soon.

All the best,
Georgia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a new hotel and we were so pleased with everything. It was clean, had a friendly staff and best of all the rooms were a real surprise. A small kitchenette, Living room area and comfortable bed. My only recommendation would be the pillows. They were a little too soft for my tastes.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was on a last minute road trip with family to Fort Benning, Georgia. We pulled into the Homewood Suites after 11 hours of driving. Our check in was quick and easy, the staff was very helpful. The bed was so comfortable I slept like a baby. We ate, breakfast was pretty good, checked out (quick and easy) and were back on the road. A plus in my book!

Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel while visiting my Soldier during his 48 hr pass with our 2 yr old daughter. The complimentary breakfast was good, the service was very helpful and friendly, felt like home and military discount was a big plus! I highly recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting your soldier at Fort Benning! Our staff works hard to make each and every guest feel like they are home when they are staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time to recommend the Homewood Suites to others traveling to Columbus.

All the best,
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The property is clean and nice, but I had a self inflicted service issue that I'll describe below.

Pros
The hotel appears to be well kept, clean, and has a nice pool and outdoor seating area with some small fountains, etc. It is very inviting. The thermostats in the room were digital and worked great. The breakfast selections and managers reception were also good.

Cons
I created an issue by leaving some items in my room. I had already drove on to my next stop when I realized I had done this. I called the next morning at 8:30 as I was driving back to the Atlanta airport to ask if I could detour (about a 30 minute detour) to the hotel to pick them up. I was told I could. After waiting close to 40 minutes in the lobby, it was finally determined that they actually did not have my items, so I left.

Overall
I realize that I created the issue by leaving things in my room, but if they didn't have them, why let me detour to the hotel and then when I got there not know that they didn't have them? I have never left anything in a room, and I guess I just assumed that since Hilton has my e-mail and phone numbers that they would have let me know they had found something. But maybe items are left all the time and doing that is not practical. Anyway, I lost over an hour on the detour and just barely made my flight, literally walking up as they called my name...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Harry R
Jonathan G, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that the hotel staff had you travel back to Columbus only to inform you that we did not have your belongings. This is the first time I have heard about this situation and I would like to follow-up with you about it. Could you please contact me directly to provide me with additional information about what was left behind? I can be reached at (706)568-3545.

Mountain View, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The staff at this property really knows how to take care of their guest. They were very helpful always smiling and willing to help. We felt right at home. Breakfast was good and the complimentary dinner is a plus. When back in Columbus, I will stay at this hotel. The location is ideal as well with many options for shopping, eating, and entertainment like movie theaters.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 11 May 2015
We are thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. We value your business and your comments for us. Please allow us to be your hotel of choice if you travel back to our area.

Safe travels to you!