“Extremely Satisfied”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our family really liked this hotel. We were on a trip with multiple hotels used, and this was our favorite. The evening meal was great, and we appreciated the beer on tap. The staff was great, very friendly and helpful. They had great suggestions about attractions we could see in the city.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. Please allow our hotel to be of service again should you travel back to Columbus.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at the Homewood Suites from March 3 to July 17. Every aspect of the hotel was great. The rooms were a good size. The staff was the best aspect of the stay. They were friendly and extremely helpful. The room service was very friendly and worked around my schedule as to not interfere. Having breakfast everyday and dinner monday through thursday was convenient. They have a shuttle that will drive you to the various stores in the near by area. While the A/C was loud, it did not bother me. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: There are two styles of rooms. Rooms that have a seperate bedroom and living room or rooms that hav...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you for allowing our hotel to be your "home away from home" - for the length of time you were here with us you certainly had the opportunity to see eery aspect of our hotel and service. Thank you for business and we hope that if your travels bring you to the Columbus area again we are your first choice in hotels.

We hope to see you again soon!

Your friend in Hospitality!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was a outstanding place for a family to stay. The staff was excellent and the amenities were perfect. My family traveled with me even though I had to work they had so much fun at the hotel they cannot wait to go there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your stay at our hotel. We hope that if work brings you to our area again that you will please allow us to be of service once again!

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Amanda Ryals, Area Director or Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. The hotel rooms were a perfect size and seemed very new. All aspects of the rooms were clean and neat. The community space was nice and I enjoyed breakfast in the morning. The front desk staff and van driver were all so nice. I definitely recommend this place for a short or long term stay!

Stayed: July 2014
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words! Please come see us again when your travels bring you to the Columbus, Ga area. Again, thank you for your business!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The AC units in our room (409) were super loud. I thought turning the thermostat up from 68 to 75 would work, but in the middle of the night, it had to cycle on because it had warmed up in the room. It woke me up every 30 minutes for the rest of the night as it worked for 1 minute to cool the room off. I was too half-asleep to get up and just leave the fan on, but that's my recommendation - set the fan to always on and just try to get used to the noise. Or stay at another hotel (not that there are a lot of choices in the area).

The room wasn't all that clean either. The kitchen floor was sticky, the carpet was stained, and the grout on the bathroom floor looked wet and dirty.

The bathroom amenities were the small & cheap, something I might expect at a Hampton Inn or below, but Homewood Suites is usually better. The TP was super thin too. How cheap!

Also note that the 1 BR's bath is in the bedroom area, so if you have a person sleeping on the pullout sofa, they'll need to go through the bedroom to use the bathroom. And the sink is in the bedroom itself - no door separates the bed from the sink area. The closet is also pretty small. It had an iron but no ironing board. It seems to me that this hotel was not built as a Homewood Suites and was retrofitted, leaving some compromises on space and layout.

The gym was tiny - one treadmill, one elliptical, and one universal machine.

The breakfast was pleasant but nothing special. I've had much better at these types of hotels.

On the plus side, the hotel is nicely located in a business/shopping area (not downtown), everybody there was super friendly , and other than the AC, everything in the room was in working order.

1  Thank petersam
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

I'm so sorry you experienced these challenges during your recent stay. These things you spoke of are very unusual for our hotel. Please - if you travel to this area again - reach out to me personally and allow me to make your next stay with us as wonderful as it should have been. I can be reached at 706.225.1144 or aryals@vhghotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you and booking your next visit with us.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My stay at the Columbus GA Homewood Suites was the best experience ever! In fact, I just booked another stay there for next month! The staff went above and beyond! EVERYONE was friendly, helpful and always spoke/said good morning etc. and was always smiling! Whether it was during check in, or seeing a maintenance person on the elevator or just passing an employee in the hallway, they were ALL INCREDIBLY nice, friendly, and helpful and it made our stay by far the best experience we have ever had! The amenities were outstanding and the hotel was very clean and inviting!!! We had a wonderful experience!!!!!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you very much for your great review of our staff and hotel. I think our staff and hotel is awesome too - however, it means SO much more hearing it from you... Our Guest! Please know we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to do what we do!

Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is perfect! Very nice and clean. We stayed there for my husband's BCT graduation. I cannot ask for a better hotel. The staff are very friendly and so helpful. They let us check in 2 hours early!! Worth every penny. I will definitely be back again soon!!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your recent stay with us! And.... for your husbands service to our country! Please allow us to be your hotel of choice when you travel back to Columbus/Ft. Benning. We look forward to serving you again soon!