“Nice Stay. Would Stay Again!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sandusky, Ohio
“Nice Stay. Would Stay Again!”
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Nice stay. Had to go to the Hughston Clinic (about a 3 minute drive away). Met all our needs. Room was nice (King Suite) with full Kitchen. I saw the "scratches" in the table that were mentioned in the last review. Looks to me like it's just the finish flaking on the table. It is on the area of the table where you would use a laptop and the heat from the laptops (over time) would make the table finish crack and peel. It is NO BIG DEAL!!! Really!.. It is a new Hotel and it shows. Real nice and well appointed! Our room was very clean! Real nice evening reception with Chicken Parmigiana, pasta, veggie and salad. I DOUBT you will find a newer, cleaner, more well appointed hotel in this area for the price (Government discount was great!). Factor in that they give you 2 meals a day (Monday thru Thursday) and you have a winning Combination! Staff was nice and friendly! If you are a light Sleeper I would (and we will on our return) request a room facing the rear of the property. The front has the road and hence road noise is heard. Other than that, I cannot think of anything else to say!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 17 March 2016
Thank you for allowing our hotel to be of service to you during your recent stay in Columbus. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience.

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Central Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I arranged individual rooms for a team of 14 employees who were traveling to the Columbus area. They stayed for about 6 weeks. There were various compliments from the team upon their return...commenting on how clean the hotel is; how friendly and professional the staff is; the daily breakfasts and the managers receptions during the week. Our employees travel all over the country and all over the world for weeks at a time so their experience with hotels is extensive! I received excellent reviews on this hotel.
In addition to this group, we have people who travel for week-long trips to Columbus. I have tried other hotels in the area and because of the reports (and hotel comparisons) from my travelers I exclusively use Homewood Suites in Columbus.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Atlanta
Reviewed 5 December 2009

We spent one night at this Homewood Suites which is less than a year old. The reception clerk was informative, cheerful and friendly. The lobby was clean, bright, and warming.
But the room was a different story for a new hotel. The work table had several deep scratches and no attempts to stain or repair the scratches were evident. The wood luggage rack was broken. And there was single roll of toilet paper—about 2/3 full. We had guest service bring us another roll. The greed carpet was stained and looked dirty---again, this is a new hotel. The breakfast was good with
Belgium waffles, sausages and scrambled eggs along with biscuits and gravy. Although the breakfast area had flavored artificial creamers, there was no Half ‘n Half.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I have stayed here twice after a stay on Victory Garden Drive and a stay at the base lodging facility. This is a EXCELLENT hotel. I am trying to book a room now for another visit and they are booked; my kids are upset because they enjoyed staying there so much. Its not really close to Ft. Benning, but as I am learning, you don't want to stay in anything close to the base. The staff was great and the room was CLEAN, VERY CLEAN and I can be a bit of germaphobe. We even got a late check out with no problem.

The only thing that was a bit of disappointment was that they ran out of breakfast food and we had to wait a bit during ONE of our stays. But, there was a large group that was staying there and to be honest, they were kind of filling up on the food that morning (two or three trips and loading up their plates). But, the staff doubled up in the kitchen to catch up and we only had to wait maybe ten minutes. I love this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 8 January 2016
Thank you for sharing your recent stay at our hotel with us. We think we have a great hotel and staff - but, it means so much hearing it from you - OUR guest!

Please allow us to be of service again in the near future.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 June 2009

The Homewood is a very nice and new facility. Rooms are very clean and the size of the rooms is just right. I have also stayed at the Residence Inn on this same street. At the Residence Inn the living room is quite large, but the bedroom is very small. Homewood has found the right balance. The rooms at Homewood have good lighting, including the bathroom. There are real full sized towels at Homewood, compared to the narrow material and thin fabric at Residence Inn (and most Mariott properties now). After reading about problems that other guests experienced with breakfast at this facility, I was more attentive when I ate at the Homewood. Overall everything was in order with one exception: there were only 4 pieces of bacon in the serving tray, yet the facility appeared almost full. Perhaps more was to be prepared later, but I found this unusual. However, my experience at the Residence Inn was no better, the milk cartons provided had passed their expiration date and breakfast was not prepared until quite late. I have found the staff members at each facility in Columbus to be very friendly. Overall, in my opinion, the Homewood is the better facility.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

msrho1922
Reviewed 9 May 2009

Was going to stay here for Black Softball Tournament, called and cancelled my room due to illness. I was charged anyway. Manager said that he had no reason to believe that I had every cancelled my room. Tried to explain that I never received a cancellation number and that was the initial reason I called prior to me realizing I was charged. I travel all over the US with my job and have never been treated so rudely!

• Stayed April 2009
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 2 September 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to always deliver outstanding customer service and products to each and every guest. However, there are times when we miss an opportunity to do so. I would like to discuss your stay with you in further detail. Will you please contact me at 706.660.1915 or via email - aryals@vhghotels.com.

Thank you again for your comments and an opportunity tor us to improve. I look forward to hearing from you.

Illinois
Reviewed 28 April 2009

I have found it necessary to be in Columbus, GA for several weekends and I've had the privilege of staying at the Homewood Suites each time. Mostly I have to compliment the staff for their outgoing personalities and for always being so helpful. My room(s) have always been clean and smell nice. This is a great place to stay at a decent price overall.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business

Please allow us to be of service again in the near future.