“A Columbus Tradition for BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Country's North

Country's North
Ranked #73 of 556 Restaurants in Columbus
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving barbecue prok, beef, chicken, ribs cooked with 100% hickory and oak wood. Vegetables, country cooking, Made from scratch pies.
Columbus, Georgia
“A Columbus Tradition for BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Country's has been a favorite eating spot in Columbus for years. Each of the locations in Columbus has a slightly different menu. We ate at the one nearest the new mall with out-of-town friends. The atmosphere is very casual (brown paper for table cloths) with rustic decorations. Lots of sauce choices at the table. If you like hot BBQ sauce, ask for Backfire.

I have had their fried chicken, BBQ pork platter, and other menu items in the past. This time I I had the pork tenderloin medallions, sweet potato, butter beans, and French bread. My wife had the vegetable plate. We started with the fried pickles.

The service was friendly and attentive without being obtrusive. The sweet potato which costs and additional amount, is humongous. Lots of other sides as well. Great iced tea.

The large portion of fried pickles came with a generous portion of dip but would have benefited from having more of the grease drained before arriving at the table. My pork tenderloin was good, but slightly on the dry side. It did have the nice smoked edge ring and good taste. For the portion size, the prices were very reasonable and everyone in the group was happy with the meal.

• Visited September 2013

“BBQ done Wrong!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

First off, I take partial responsibility for my bad experience here. 1. Choosing to go even though the line was so ridiculous that when I asked the matre D "how long", she stated "a long time". 2. We chose to sit outside to eat just to get in quicker - 90 degree weather and flies. 3. Ordered an atrocious appetizer called french onion cheese dip - vomitus. Anyway, thats where I stop taking the blame. My chicken was dry and under-seasoned, fries were soggy, coleslaw was different but not that bad, and the sauses that were provided were just watery ketchup and mustard based concoctions. My boyfriends ribs were undercooked. He did enjoy the beef on his "pork, ribs, and beef medley". He asked for some "smokey sauce" which tasted better. He didn't like the potato salad, but ate the "baked pork-n-beans" out of sheer hunger. The good parts? My sweet tea, his Arnold Palmer, and the waitress's service and attitude was great. Two meals and an entre were $33 which was begrudgingly paid. I would recommend skipping this place and going to Smokey Bones down the street. The Country's on Macon Rd used to be great, I don't know if different ppl own this one or what happened, but don't waste your hard earned money.

• Visited August 2013
Fort Benning, Georgia
“An okay experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I will start by saying I am not a big BBQ fan, but my family was visiting and I let them talk me into going. They all enjoyed their BBQ. I ordered the Roast Beef and mashed potatoes (the special for whatever day it was) and the mashed potatoes and gravy were pretty good, but the roast beef tasted weird. I also ordered the veg soup, which was almost too salty to eat... There was no wait time, even though the restaurant was very busy and our waitress was polite and attentive. The tables were clean but the bathrooms were disgusting! Personally, I wouldn't go again.

• Visited July 2013
“Gradually Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

Been to Country's at least a half dozen times since we moved here last year and each time it gradually declines. For those that have traveled any around the country will know this is not anywhere near good BBQ. Sure I love the smell of the BBQ going when we pull up, but it is deceiving. Service is hit or miss even when they're not busy, and this is at all the locations. The meat is usually dry even with the most generous helping of sauce. All around, I have now officially written off Country's from my list of places in Columbus.

Visited June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Enjoyed---could have been a little better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We liked our visit at Country's. The service did take awhile to get going and it wasn't that busy in the restaurant. The food was good---my husband did note for the price, he thought there should be more meat with his chopped pork meal. We really enjoy bbq and thought they did a good job with the taste of the meat.

• Visited February 2013