“Just what we were looking for!”

El Vaquero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #190 of 562 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Mexican
Savannah, Georgia
“Just what we were looking for!”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

*First let me say that GPS will not take you directly to the location. It will take you to Publix. The restaurant is directly behind Publix in a small shopping center.* My husband and I moved to Columbus about a month ago. We have been looking for a great Mexican restaurant to become our "regular" place, and I think we found it! Out of all the ones we have tried, I can say this is the best! The salsa was great. Not too spicy and definitely not bland or "out of the jar" type. My fajita quesadilla with rice, beans, and pico de gallo was great. My husband kept sneaking bites off my plate. My husband got enchiladas. I don't even like enchiladas but his looked so tasty that I just had to try them! They were really good! We had margaritas too. They were great and definitely not skimpy on the tequila. The only thing that could possibly use some improvement is the atmosphere; other than that, muy bueno!

1 Thank Kimberly R

Buford, Georgia
“Great service, great mexican food”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The food was quite good for those of us not looking for very hot and spicy mexican food. The service was very good. The food came quickly after we ordered and the server was very attentive. The place can be a little noisy so don't go there to have a quiet conversation. If you are just looking for good, quick Mexican food, this is the place to go.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ron K
Columbus, Georgia
“good upscale mexican restaurant”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I say upscale because it's a wee bit pricier, the seating is more spacious and comfortable, and the service is a bit classier than other mexican restaurants I've visited. Our server was not only fast and friendly, he managed to carry six plates of food on just one arm and served them with grace and style. The food was excellent as well, and they make a mean margarita too!

• Visited March 2013
Columbus, Georgia, United States
“Good, hot food and fast service!”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We eat here frequently and can always depend on good, hot food and fast service. Prices are very reasonable, too! Atmosphere not as good as more upscale Mexican restaurants but food and service makes up for it.

• Visited February 2013
Belleville, Michigan
“Excellent”
Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with the quality of the food and the speed of service. If you like guacamole, their's is to die for and a must try. Prices were reasonable with three people for $30.