Rothschild - Pound House Inn
US$73
US$68
US$114
US$109
Best Western Plus Columbus/ Ft. Benning(Columbus)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$73
US$68
US$137
US$132
All reviewsb bbed and breakfastgolden suiteblueberry pancakeshistoric areathe river walkbreakfast was deliciousga areamamiegayehostsfireplacegovernorforsyth
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2011

I have stayed here several times and have always enjoyed the inn and its staff. I would call it the an experience like none other. I have stayed in lot of great hotels all over the country and this is one is my favorite. If you are in Columbus don't stay anywhere else. Also, some of the top names in Hollywood have stayed here. I would highly recommend this wonderful inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jcpecl
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We stayed one night in the Chattahoochee Suite in the Few Cottage. We were very pleased with our stay. The room was a bit small but very well appointed and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was large and the bathtub was deep and relaxing. There were even rose petals sprinkled round the tub. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows for us. The air conditioner thermostat was in the hallway and was for the whole cottage. Someone in another room turned it up and it did get warm in the room overnight but we had a ceiling fan that helped. Our room shared a small kitchen with one other room (which was unoccupied) which was convenient. Check in was very easy and everyone we met was nice. We stayed the night before Easter and unfortunately were unable to get breakfast on Easter morning because they closed the kitchen early without letting us know. It was an oversight and the owner heard about it and offered us a discount on our bill after the fact. I would have liked to try the restaurant because I've heard good things about it.

The location was very good. It was so easy to find and was within walking distance from downtown Columbus. When I say walking distance I mean about a mile or so...but it was a beautiful walk among historic homes, huge shade trees and monuments. The purpose for our trip was to celebrate our anniversary and to hike Providence Canyon. We thought the whole weekend was perfect.

We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to our friends and family. Next time we'll try the restaurant for dinner and maybe even get our breakfast served in our room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I also agree not worth the money!
I was so diaapointed in the Pound House Bed and Breakfast and the overall feel of everything. The furniture is broken or worn out or faded. This could be such an amazing place if a little TLC was done... however ,it feels like nothing has been done to it since it was moved to this site in 1993, The lamps were dusty, the rugs did not appear to be clean. The chair I sat in... when I sat straight up in the chair, the back went out like a recliner (not a recliner). We stayed upstairs...the one with the balcony. I felt like I was staying in a house that needed a lot of repairs and they have just been ignored. the walls had water damage. We loved the food!!!
The staff was very friendly and the food was very good.

Room Tip: Don't expect much and you'll be fine
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gloria B
Reviewed 15 March 2011

We spent two great nights here last weekend. It is stunning. Beautiful flowers in our room. We hardly left our room at all, except to have dinner at the restaurant, also quaint and extremely tasty. Our breakfast in bed was Steak Benedict! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank magnolia006
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I recently stayed in the Thomas suite which has a wonderful jacuzzi tub. The best things about my stay were relaxing in the jacuzzi tub and the excellent food at Vintage 222 for both dinner and breakfast. The fillet Mignon was excellent, the best I've ever had! However, the desserts (red velvet and chocolate layer cake) tasted like they had come from a box cake mix and they were $7 each.

I rated this inn a 2 because value for your money is the most important factor to me. If you are not that concerned about value for your money than this review may not be as helpful. That being said, I was disappointed with this room that costs $200 a night. I have stayed in other bed and breakfasts that cost half the price and they were better than the Pound-House inn. Firstly, the main house and the Thomas suite present an old, run-down look about them. There is water damage and cracks in the walls and ceiling of the suite as well as cracks in the walls of the main house. This may be due to the fact that, in the past, these buildings were picked up and moved to their current location. However, I don't like to feel as if I'm staying in a crumbly, old building when I'm being charged $200 a night. I enjoy the quaint and clean feel of a bed and breakfast that has been well-maintained and decorated with care. Furthermore, the art work in the suite is the most random collection of stuff that looks as if it was bought at a flea market and thrown on the walls haphazardly. This is a small detail but it gives the impression that the inn does not take pride in the overall appearance of the suite. The bed and breakfasts I have liked the most (that cost $100 per night) have paid attention to every detail to create the experience that B & B people enjoy. I feel as if the price point of the Pound-House inn should demand that they pay attention to the details.

Lastly, I rated the sleep quality a 2 because the king size bed was only equipped with three very thin pillows, and three very thin shams. Most big hotel chains offer at least 5 pillows that are plush as opposed to smashed flat pillows. When I pay to stay somewhere, I want to get a good night's sleep and not crick my neck with thin pillows that there are not enough of.

To prove my point about the value for the money, I used a half off coupon that I purchased through the local TV station to stay in this suite. So in reality, this room did not cost me $200 a night. Only through having this half-off coupon was I satisfied with the money I paid to stay at the Pound- House inn. And even then, as I mentioned before, it still did not measure up to other B & B's I have stayed at. If you are going to be paying full price, I'm sad to say that you will most likely be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nuttmeg7
rothschildpoundhouse, Owner at Rothschild - Pound House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2011

We are not perfect, but we are pretty darn awesome.
Each day, we strive to create an enviroment that a guest will find beautiful and special. Our coffee beans, for the in-room coffee, are roasted by a local roaster. Our flowers are fresh, the artwork is beautiful. And I invite anyone reading this review to search for Garry Pound, my husband, and his wonderful art. You almost never find an inn, nor a hotel with these offerings. Our inn is almost 150 years old. It has imperfections, that I think add a lot of character, alongside the great food and attentive staff. We are not a cookie cutter hotel chain. We are something very special. Our inn is for someone looking for a one-of-a-kind experience. It's pretty hard to find any lodging establishment that offers freshly ground beans for in-room coffee, complimentary room service, fresh flowers, original, beautiful art and a top-notch, full service restaurant. And we will bring you extra pillows, at your request. Or, if you request them ahead of time, they can be waiting for you.
I will say that people who want predictability, cut-rate rooms, poster art and sameness, will be much happier at another establishment. We are that place you crave when you have outgrown the common hotel experience.
I try to always at least, let the owner or manager of any business know, if I need something. That way they can try and meet my needs. It seems pointless to wait until one gets back home, to request more pillows.
We welcome all feedback, but prefer to delight our guests while they are actually here.
Respectfully,