“location was great”

Ranked #1 of 2 Columbus B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“location was great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

It was a great weekend get away for my boyfriend and I. The hostess is so sweet and very welcoming. She was a great source of local knowledge of places to go and places not worth seeing. The grounds were kept clean and manicured. Also bonus only about a six block walk to the local downtown area. Breakfast was also amazing- and an add bonus breakfast was served in bed!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cricket321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

My first trip to Georgia, not knowing what to expect. My wife and I were visiting my daughter and her family in Fort Benning. I checked around and only found normal run of the mill motels in the area, then found this lovely Inn. Thank goodness!! Everything was what you could hope for. Great hosts, so very charming. Breakfast was included and my wife and
I Loved every morsel, including the grits! The location was perfect and blissfully quiet. The bed was firm and we both slept wihout morning "kincks". I love old houses and this fit the bill.
So, to re-cap: 1) Close to Ft. Benning 2) Great hospitality 3) Fabulous breakfast 4) Comfortable room, especially the bed 5) Very clean 6) Easy parking (free) 7) Very quiet area 8) Extremely good restaurants close to hand.

Room Tip: Our room was in a cottage at the back of the house.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank BrianCharlton
Monroe, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We have stayed at the Inn several times now! My husband and I decided that when we are in the area, this is the ONLY place we'll stay! Lots of extras included -- the soap(s), sheets, and everything in your room are very good quality and high end. Breakfast is excellent and you have at least 2 dishes to choose from each morning. The Inn is located 3 blocks from downtown with a lot of restuarants to choose from. Definitely worth any extra cost than we normally pay when we travel!

We haven't stayed in any of the cottages that the Inn also owns but, they look so quaint and beautiful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel H
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Beautiful very comfortable lodging. Welcoming. The management thought of everything! What you would expect from a true Bed and Breakfast. Miss Gaye was very nice, helpful in making dinner reservations and giving directions to the places one would want to go. Located close to the beautiful Columbus down town area. So much to see and do! River walk, evening entertainment. Girlfriend was married at the Rothschild - Pound House. Beautiful setting, wonderful staircase for her to come down. Perfect memories for all.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Opelika, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

"The beauty of the surroundings matched by a superb staff made this the perfect escape from the the busy home and kids it was a nice getaway for my husband and I. You have thought of every detail and attended to it with perfection."

I Just--- Love it !!!!!
I hope we can come back soon
Katie & Mike Jenkins

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KatieP3jenkins
Clayton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend at the Rothschild-Pound House. It is everything you would want for a romantic weekend away from our other-wise hurried life. The innkeepers, Mamie and Garry, were friendly, warm and just delightful. They offered great ideas for touring and relaxing.

The inn could not be more charming. It offered amenities far superior to the expensive box-lux hotels. Everything you could want was included in the room rate, no nickle-and-dime charges for WIFI, coffee, water, etc.

Our room was comfortable and clean. It was bright with lots of lighting, comfortable bed and nice seating. It was hard to leave the room to go visit the area.

The inn's restaurant offers great meals in addition to a full country breakfast. We enjoyed not having to drive to dinner, especially after a wonderful bottle of wine. All we had to do was walk back to our room.

We had a great weekend away and highly reccommend the Rothschild-Pound House as a culinary and relaxing destination.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RabunMaven
Savona, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

I was a guest at the Rothschild for an entire week in late August 2011. The experience was delusional! A very bad reception. As a welcoming, Mrs. G just worried about switching my credit card, charging me about 350 dollars more for mistake (that's twice!) After which she disappeared. During the day guests are mostly left to them. The reception closed, no one in!The breakfast is poor, cleanliness leaves much to be desired, as well as the courtesy, the rooms are small, dark and dusty.
One last thing: before being refunded of the $ 700 I had been charged by mistake I had to make repeated phone calls and email ... and of course I have not been refunded of the repeated commissions I had to pay to my bank!
I do not recommend this B & B to anyone, do not trust the site that looks like a fabulous place! It is not!

Botta Elisa - Italia

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
12 Thank elisa b
rothschildpoundhouse, Owner at Rothschild - Pound House Inn, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
We hope that every single guest leaves having loved their stay with us. It is our goal, every single day. In fact, we give anonymous comment cards to everyone when they leave, to make sure that we are doing a great job. And when we read these, after the guests have gone, we pore over the details, suggestions and scores. This is not to avoid a bad web review. Its because we work hard to delight the guest. We dont want passable. We want fantastic.The comment card is our barometer.
I find it hard to believe that if someone had a complaint, they would stay an entire week and not say anything? I sure wouldn't!
It would be a real shame if you missed staying with us at The Rothschild-Pound House Inn. It is a special, very beautiful inn where many guests come back again and again. I am sure this lady was frustrated because she was accidentally charged again, instead of her credit. I am sorry for that. But it was not purposeful. And it was credited back in full.
Respectfully,
Mamie Pound
Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Columbus Marriott
Columbus Marriott
#12 of 46 in Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2

Been to Rothschild - Pound House Inn? Share your experiences!