All reviewsbed and breakfastgolden suiteblueberry pancakeshistoric areathe river walkrestaurants and shopsking bedmamiegayehostsfireplacesoapssheets
Reviewed 26 April 2013

The Rothschild Pound House is a beautiful old house with all the comforts of home. We rented all 3 rooms on the 2nd floor for our family when we attend graduation at Fort Benning. The ability to have the entire floor for just us was perfect!!

The inn is located close to Benning and also to the historic district, which has many nice restaurants and shops. Both Anna and Georgia (innkeepers) were so friendly and made our family feel very welcome. Georgia's home cooked breakfasts each morning were fantastic.

The beds were super comfortable and the rooms were clean and well kept. With that being said, if you are looking for a B&B with all upgraded ammenties, you might want to consider another spot. There are no flat screen TV's here and some of the chairs in the bedrooms are a bit "rickety". Also, the house is located in a transitional part of the city, which includes many restored homes, but also some homes that looked pretty depressed.

When in Columbus, don't miss the National Infantry Museum and Callaway Gardens. Both of these venues are worth your time and the entrance fees (nominal).

All in all, I would highly recommend the Rothschild and would definitely go back just to be able to spend another morning chatting with Georgia over her perfectly cooked eggs. If you're looking for warm southern hospitality you will find it here.

Room Tip: The Golden Room on the 2nd floor is awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2012 via mobile

This is a beautiful inn on the historical register. When staying here you truly experience southern hospitality. The owners are welcoming and gracious, perfectly attending to every detail to make your stay enjoyable. I've stayed here three times and enjoyed each unique and well appointed room. This stay was in the Rothschild suite with its luxurious raised king bed, day bed and fireplace. Breakfast in the too was a real treat. Wouldn't think of coming to Columbus without staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank BarbaraP101
Reviewed 27 June 2012

It was a great weekend get away for my boyfriend and I. The hostess is so sweet and very welcoming. She was a great source of local knowledge of places to go and places not worth seeing. The grounds were kept clean and manicured. Also bonus only about a six block walk to the local downtown area. Breakfast was also amazing- and an add bonus breakfast was served in bed!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cricket321
Reviewed 20 January 2012

My first trip to Georgia, not knowing what to expect. My wife and I were visiting my daughter and her family in Fort Benning. I checked around and only found normal run of the mill motels in the area, then found this lovely Inn. Thank goodness!! Everything was what you could hope for. Great hosts, so very charming. Breakfast was included and my wife and
I Loved every morsel, including the grits! The location was perfect and blissfully quiet. The bed was firm and we both slept wihout morning "kincks". I love old houses and this fit the bill.
So, to re-cap: 1) Close to Ft. Benning 2) Great hospitality 3) Fabulous breakfast 4) Comfortable room, especially the bed 5) Very clean 6) Easy parking (free) 7) Very quiet area 8) Extremely good restaurants close to hand.

Room Tip: Our room was in a cottage at the back of the house.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank BrianCharlton
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We have stayed at the Inn several times now! My husband and I decided that when we are in the area, this is the ONLY place we'll stay! Lots of extras included -- the soap(s), sheets, and everything in your room are very good quality and high end. Breakfast is excellent and you have at least 2 dishes to choose from each morning. The Inn is located 3 blocks from downtown with a lot of restuarants to choose from. Definitely worth any extra cost than we normally pay when we travel!

We haven't stayed in any of the cottages that the Inn also owns but, they look so quaint and beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple