“Disappointing”

Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Buckhead is an elegant, casual, full-service New American restaurant serving innovative fare, seasonal cocktails, craft beers, small plates and entrees that showcase local farming and artisan products, inspired by taking the approachable and giving it a modern Southern interpretation without taking ourselves too seriously. We are committed to a “Back to Basics” philosophy and bringing you the freshest food and friendliest service in the most welcoming and comfortable environment.
Berlin, Germany
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Went for dinner with some friends. The food was ok but way overpriced. My whole dish was swimming in oil-not what you want to see when you're paying $30 for an entree. This whole place felt like it was trying to hard to be the "fancy" place to eat in Columbus. Considering what the rest of the town has to offer (chain restaurants and BBQ joints), it's not hard to be a step up from that. Everything was over the top-the prices, the "trendy" decor, and especially the food-like something a first year student at culinary school would dream up in an attempt to be cool. Maybe this type of thing impresses the locals, but I won't be back.

Did enjoy the wedge salad and bread. Service was friendly and prompt.

• Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
“Beef at it's Best”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

2nd time here. 1st time was a blast came here last week and ate steak taco's at the bar which were the best I have ever eaten. And I am from Texas so I have had a few taco's. Never thought this little Army town would have tacos like these! Fresh cherry tomato heirloom cilantro salsa, corn tortillas, and sauteed red onions and Filet Mignon thinly shaved and layered with cheddar cheese. Freakin' awesome! I should be their spokesperson. Back tonight with a date. "Aces" all the way! Food is rich and fresh and the service is pretty good even though we have a trainee.

Atlanta, Georgia
“I guess I will never know”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

How this? Write a review for a restaurant that you never get past the hostess desk? Well, there is a first time for everything. The restaurant was recommended to us by some traveling companions. We were staying nearby in a local motel and walked to the restaurant. We were a party of seven (4 adults and 3 older children). The restaurant seated a couple ahead of us for about 5 minutes. The restaurant appeared nearly empty but it took the hostess and a waiter 5 minutes to find a table for the pair. When it finally became our turn, and the waiter heard 7, his dismay was totally obvious. I don't think he was too thrilled by seeing the kids either. He kept checking a list and repeated 7 until finally he said we'd have to wait at least 25 minutes for table (in an empty restaurant). Getting the hint we said No Thanks and took our party out into the cold to find another place to eat. It sure is nice to run a restaurant and pick and choose who you want to serve....our children are well behaved and eat out with us frequently. We also have no problem spending money at a supposedly "upscale" restaurant for a party. Your loss not ours. Good luck, we will never try you again.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Kaila1960
Phenix City, Alabama
“great food slow service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The food is great and I love the vegan and gluten free options. Service is a bit slow but the enviornment gives you plenty to talk about and feel comfortable dinning with friends and/or family. Great beer and wine selection also. Well worth the price of the bill.

Visited March 2014
“Lovely Evening.”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Well, this is my 3rd or 4th visit to this restaurant. I love it. My husband loves it. We are senior citizens who appreciate fine dining in a quiet, well-appointed restaurant. We were there about 5:30pm on a Saturday without reservations and that was not a problem. It's a dimly lit restaurant which makes the use of small candles at the tables. I find that romantic. There was a tiny bit of chill in the air for me because I wasn't wearing a jacket. I enquired about the fireplace. It was lit for me and they offered to change our table to one closest to it. Wasn't that sweet? That atmosphere put me at ease, as if I was home, and that they care about my comfort here.

Our waitress was a very pleasant young lady. I think her name was Alex. She was knowledgeable, well-trained, courteous, business-like yet warm, and attentive. She noticed I dropped my silverware and, in a split second she was there to retrieve them and replace them. She placed an extra chair at our table for my purse.

When we ordered the 12 ounce ribeyes, Alex showed us a picture of how much pink would be in the meat cooked at our requested temperatures. That was very helpful and I didn't hesitate, then, to order medium well over a flame. My husband wanted more pink than I. When she brought the steaks, she asked us to cut into them immediately to see if we were satisfied. We were. Both of us enjoyed our steaks.

I forgot to mention the salad which is a wedge of lettuce covered with their special dressing, crumpled white cheese, and croutons. Sometimes, I think my husband goes there just for the wedge. He fell in love with this interesting presentation the first time we were there and asks for a wedge at other restaurants. They mostly don't have it.

We also had garlic mashed potatoes and shared a serving of plump, delicious asparagus.

The iced water comes in a jar with thinly sliced cucumbers. I can taste the cucumbers. What a treat!

When we finished our meals, I needed a "to go" box. My leftovers were taken into the kitchen and they returned in the best looking aluminum swan I have ever received.

We ordered desert. I went for the pecan pie which was a rather thin slice, I thought. But maybe that's because my husband's cheesecake was huge. My pie was served chilled on a most attractive plate with caramel drizzled decoratively. It was fresh and delicious but, my being "old-school", I prefer warm pie. I took it home to enjoy later.

Our tab came to about $100 after hubby had coffee and I had wine. I think that is a very good price for our meal.

Besides Alex, two other levels of staff checked on us. Everybody from the first guy who met us at the door to the bartender on our way out, was friendly and wished us well.

We felt blessed by the experience.

2 Thank Peaceout12