“Visiting Ft. Benning”

Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Visiting Ft. Benning”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

This was a great hotel well located and near the highway and several restaurants (Ben's Steak and Chop House was a five star dinner choice recommended by the front desk). The staff was friendly and the room was clean and HUGE for a hotel. We got the 2 BR suite for the 3 of us and it had a living room, kitchen/eating area and office desk with free Wi-Fi. They had a light breakfast included. The only down side were thin walls, you could hear the garbage truck first thing in the morning. But we just turned over and fell back to sleep. The room was about 150.00/night. Inexpensive for the value.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Susie1110

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The Rooms and facilities are what you expect with the Marriott Suites. Clean, tidy and functional. The staff in this Hotel are wonderful, helpful and friendly. Every enquiry or request for assistance was dealt with in a professional and helpful manner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel due to background noise from freeway close to the front of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 December 2012

If you're looking for a nice suite, this is the place. If you're looking for a nice part of town, this is not it. The area of town is not great, the parking lot feels a little sketchy, lobby is very blah and the continental breakfast is underwhelming. But, if you only want a nice room to sleep in, this place should be considered.

The staff were helpful. Freeways were convenient and there are many restaurants and stores in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Amesbury
Reviewed 23 December 2012

We stayed here back in October to attend a US Army boot camp graduation. The hotel was clean and the staff was pleasant. We booked a 2 bedroom suite which was ample for our needs. Getting ready to attend the festivities was difficult with only 1 bathroom. Definitely plan accordingly if you are traveling with others who need more than you.

The pool was not open while we were three, despite the warm temperatures. We were told the pool was not up to code but was not advised of what that was.

The breakfast area was very clean. The food was typical "free" breakfast food. Yogurts, fruit, cereal, toast and bagels. It worked fine for what we needed as we were in a hurry.

The value of our stay was a bit on the high side. The same type of room was less at other hotel brands but it served our purpose, although at slightly more money.

• Stayed October 2012
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I could not have been happier with the service by the wonderful staff. Every morning I was greeted with a smile and exceptional service. Returning home was just as nice. The front desk ladies were extremely nice and social. The room service was above and beyond my expectations. I would definitely stay here again. It was a very nice facility and friendly staff made my stay before my deployment a memorable one. The maintenance staff was on top of any issues. The general manager was very professional and took care of our guys. Once again thank you to all who work at TownePlace Suites for your excellent service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RalphA71
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I recently stayed at TownePlace Suites by Marriott in Columbus, Georgia. I have traveled extensively around the world and I must say this is one of the best hotels and staff I have encountered. The staff is courteous and extremely professional. They will not hesitate to service any and all of your needs. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the timely manner of any maintenance issues. All of the ladies at the front desk were really friendly and professional. Kim, the head of housekeeping, my hats goes off to you. Iris, you were amazing in servicing all of my needs and helping me find places to eat and leisure entertainment. Desire, and I am not sure if you spell your name in this manner but thank you for the assistance. Danielle, you are the most courteous receptionist I have encountered in a long time. Overall, my extenned stay was great.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ronnie A
Winder, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We were registered at TownPlace Suites in Columbus, Ga on November 27th through the 31st. My sister was scheduled to have surgery at the local hospital there. My family and I rented a suite during this time. My 82 year old disabled was with us and needed some special accommodations for the shower. The manager who was THE BEST immediately sent additional items that we needed for her. And...the staff sent my sister a basket before her surgery just to let her know that they cared! The staff was SOOO friendly and our rooms were clean with no problems at all! Service was EXCELLENT and I will say this...I will ONLY stay at this particular hotel in the future. They made us feel like family! I TOTALLY recommend TownPlace Suites in Columbus, GA. THANK YOU Staff for a wonderful experience and making our stay so much more than just pleasant!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family