“Accomadating, Clean and Friendly”

TownePlace Suites Columbus
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Kissimmee, Florida, United States
“Accomadating, Clean and Friendly”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the TownePlace Suites in August. Our son is stationed at Ft Benning and we went to visit him for 4nights 5 days. We started in a standard King room with pull out sofa. The room had a weird smell, and when I asked to be moved and upgraded, we were sent to the a 2 bedroom suite. This room was WONDERFUL. Perfect for our extending length visit. The room still had a weird odor, a cross between must, raid and bleach. The breakfast was your standard continental meal. Nothing hot, unless you heated a frozen breakfast sandwich. But since both our rooms had full fridges and stove tops, we could make our own breakfast in our room. We didn't try the pool, but it appeared clean. I LOVED that coffee was fresh and available all day. Definitely a hotel I would recommend and plan to stay at again. Safe part of town, near shopping and an easy quick drive to base.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are great for stays of longer than 2 days with a family. Worth the upcharge.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 September 2013

You will find this hotel located right off the interstate and in close proximity to Ft. Benning. The area has a number of restaurants as well as some "big box" shopping. The hotel has a small fitness center, but they have access to a health club open 24 hours.
The breakfast is more of a grab and go, but is alright for one day. The rooms are in good shape, although the couch was a little stained. I appreciated the upgrade to a one bedroom suite as it gave me room to spread out as I worked.
All in all it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
atlanta
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Recently was in Columbus to run the Dixie Jr. Boys World Series and booked twelve rooms at the TownePlace and Fairfield Inn and suites for Directors and Officials of our organization. I don't think I have ever had a more pleasant experience working with the managers and staff at these properties. This is a first class place with a first class staff. I had no complaints from our officials and that is very unusual. I would highly recommend this property to anyone. Thank you for making our week long stay pleasant.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
orlando
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We started the week at a Marriott Ritz Carlton, and ended at this Marriott property, helping some friends move. Now, the Ritz it is not. But for a budget-priced hotel, they really have done a nice job. Rooms or suites are clean and crisp looking. We didn't eat breakfast there, but we would recommend when in this area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Wake Forest, NC
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family and I spent 4 wonderful days at this hotel from June 13-17, 2013. We went there to spend some time with our son who is stationed at Fort Benning. From the moment we arrived, we were met with smiling faces and gracious, caring attitudes. Everyone from the desk staff to the housekeeping staff treated us as if we were guests in their own homes. Since we have several children, this was very important to us. The suite was spacious and very comfortable. The only thing I wish we could change, would be to add a second bathroom to the two-room suite. Aside from that, the refrigerator was a good size, the kitchen was perfect, and even came with a dishwasher, and the pool was nice. Even the guest laundry room was nice, and not too costly. We enjoyed our stay so much that we went ahead and booked another stay for this month before we ever left the hotel. I highly recommend TownePlace Suites in Columbus, GA to anyone, especially if you have children. Another big plus is the fact the it is a pet-friendly hotel. But by far, the biggest plus for this hotel is its people! They were great! Thank you!

Room Tip: If highway noise bothers you, bring some earplugs. It does not bother me so it was not an issue. I d...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite here and loved the layout, the storage and natural light! The stove is mini, but suffices for a short stay. Loved having a dishwasher. At first glance, the pool looks lame, but it works and kids loved it! Not a lot of seating there, however.
The staff were helpful and very friendly and we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 12 May 2013

The room was nice for the hotel and their lobby was actually really nice. I liked the map of the area and things to go to--that was a good idea. They let me check-in early which was really nice after driving 8 hours. The one thing I was disappointed with was being able to hear the cars drive on the highway. I am not the best sleeper, so with these cars rushing by it was hard at times to sleep. After 8 hours, I tried to nap but could not fall asleep due to this noise. I do not remember it as much at night, probably because less cars at night driving. It was a decent location to Fort Benning (5-10 minute drive).
I thought the breakfast was kind of weak and could have offered a little more.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple