“Excellent”

TownePlace Suites Columbus
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at the TPS columbus as a get away. I really enjoyed my stay ! Iris at the front desk was outstanding, very professional always had a smile when I came to the desk. She helped make my stay wonderful. If I'm in the area again I will choose to stay at the TPS columbus

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank shesthebestitty

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stretching to say that this is an average hotel. When we got to our room the night light on the micro wasn't working and there was one light in the ceiling light out. There was no liquid dish washing soap to wash the dishes by hand. The TV programming is limited. Don't go by the programming card in the room because of scrambled channels and no signals on some other channels. Breakfast is just ok. When I went to get my coffee at 8:00 a.m., they had just moped the floor (couldn't wait until after breakfast?) Rooms on the front side of the building are prone to the noisy highway and some of the rooms on the back side listen to the a/c going off and on all the time. Most likely would not stay here again.

Room Tip: choose a room on the second or third floor left corner.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GloriaT64
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I spent close to a month here. Hotel staff was great. Room Staff seems to have a habit of leaving little notes which I didn't really care for,especially the religious-themed ones. They also didn't do a thorough job of cleaning.
Breakfast has a pretty limited and repetitive selection. Whats up with those green apples?!
I requested a room on the back side and it was very quiet. The road -side is crazy noisy.
They would do their guest a HUGE favor by not allowing people to stand outside at the front entrance and smoke. It's a nasty habit and very annoying to have to walk thru it going in and out.
The location was good for my needs, easy access to 185 and Ft Benning.

Room Tip: Avoid the highway side at all costs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were in Columbus this weekend for a hockey tournament and decided that we would stay at this hotel. The first thing that I noticed about this hotel is that it is very dated. The pull out couch in the living room was filthy. Although I didn't experience any major issues we had 2 families that did. One family booked a 2 bedroom suite only to find out when they checked in that there were no two bedrooms available. They were then offered 2 studio rooms and were going to be charged for two studio rooms. After objections from the family they were then placed in a one bedroom suite. The second family that experience issues checked into the hotel and got their luggage unloaded only to find dirty sheets with hair on their beds. They complained to the front desk and got their room moved. The next night after they returned to their room they noticed some lady bugs crawling on the wall in their bedroom. When they opened the window shade they discovered that their room was infested with lady bugs. They then went to the front desk where the manager went to their room and took pictures. They then offer move them again, but this time move them into a room with one king bed and no pull out couch (they previously had 2 queen beds and a pull out) for 5 people. On both of the issues mentioned above the General Manager was called and she never returned calls during our stay. Although I had no major issues, due to the issues that I witnessed and the lack of response from the GM, I will not stay at this hotel the next time I am in Columbus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Yankeenoles
Reviewed 16 November 2013

It was nice that the receptionist recognized my Marriott Platinum status when I arrived at check-in. That was the only thing pleasant that occurred! She said we have you with a studio room...no, I booked a two bedroom suite. No, ma'am that's not what we have. Okay, so I go out to my car and get the reservation. Two bedroom suite booked in AUGUST!! She says they do not have a two bedroom. She calls the manager and then tells me that they're giving me the two rooms for the same price. They can't even put the rooms next door to each other but she does put them on the same floor...nice.eh? What if I had my grand kids with me....am I supposed to let a 4 and 5 year old share another room? We came to Columbus with another couple to enjoy a football week-end..hanging out, partying, playing cards. Now we are down the hall from each other and have to call and see if they are ready to go, which LITTLE room shall we play cards in? Why didn't they at least have the courtesy to call and see if separate rooms worked for is? And how do you not have the room when the reservation was made three months ago???? Enough Marriott for me...time to take my money somewhere else!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gagal
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Where do I start?
pro's: price, suites offer separation of family.
con's: in the projects, road noise worse than we've ever experienced, "smoking lounge" at front door/entrance, snoring heard all night from people (not us) next door, the room shook when the upstairs guests walked, the tv's did not get proper reception on numerous channels.

and there was a strange bug on my robe when i unpacked it at home, after staying there.

Room Tip: stay on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
tpscolumbus, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Good Evening,

Thank you and I appreciate your constructive words in regards to your stay at the TownePlace Suites Columbus.

I do apologize for your experience and can assure you that had we been notified of the situation, we would have no problem with moving your room to a higher floor away from road noise and noisy neighbors. I most definitely can empathize with you because I understand that a good night's rest is a must especially when traveling away from home. We have also been in conversations with our cable provider to make them aware of situations as they occur to circumvent guest issues.

I hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you should your travels bring you back to Columbus in the near future.

Again, thank you and have a GREAT day!

Misha R. Paul

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited friends in Columbus, Georgia for the weekend. We had stayed at a TownePlace Suite in Chattanooga and decided to continue our trend. The hotel had easy access on & off the interstate and was in a quiet area. The king room was a little crowded for two adults; breakfast was superb with a great selection of breakfast food items. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends