“New Hotel, with Modern Styling, but Staff needs to be energized!”

TownePlace Suites Columbus
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“New Hotel, with Modern Styling, but Staff needs to be energized!”
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This hotel is a new hotel and has very sharp modern styling.

When I arrived to check in I had to pass through 4-5 people smoking on a bench next to the front door, which is very undesirable for a non-smoker!
The front desk clerk was very quiet, did not really wecome me to the hotel, and did not smile. Very disappointing for such a new, bright, and inviting hotel. I believe Management needs to re-energize the staff, or Marriott needs to find new management.

We had a two bedroom suite and it was fabulous, clean, and bright. The HDTV's were great. A separate A/C thermostat control was in each room, and the kitchen was great. The bathroom could use an exhaust fan, it appeared to have one, but did not work.

The breakfast was not very large, with limited variety. The make your own waffles and Coffee were in another area away from the seating, cereal, muffins, and such. It was an acceptable breakfast, but the layout was strange.

I would stay here again, but I hope the staff improves the friendliness, and the smokers are moved away from the front doors.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank twwintn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2009

This hotel has the worst customer serivce. We had checked out early and I paid cash. I did keep the receipt - thank goodness! They proceeded to charge me for the extra 3 nights that we were to stay. I have no problem with a mistake. I called when I got home and the manager said "no, you stayed the full time". She wanted me to fax her my receipt. It took 3 days to do just that since they wouldn't pickup there fax machine. Another call and they were like "it should work". Finally got through and left my number on there to be reached once this was credited. No call, finally called 2 more times (she would never return my call and I had to get her when she was at hotel) and she advised that it was refunded. No apology from her. This hotel is not Marriott worthy.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2009

A new hotel. Business trip Wednesday thru Friday.

BLUF:
---------
As a business traveler, this hotel offers all the amenities you are looking for.
I would stay here again.
Check out time - 12 Noon.

Cheers:
-----------
The room was nicely decorated with 11 foot high ceilings with modern furnishings and a nice soft creamy yellow paint color.
Nice comfy bed and sofa with flat screen TV. Nice quite AC unit.
The room was nice and cool when I arrived.
Kitchen – just like home only smaller. D/W, frig, Microwave
Wireless Internet service w/o logging on.
2 phones – 1 by the bed and 1 on the desk.
A nice work area with power outlets above the desk. The desk offers an extra work surface that rolls and can be used as a table to eat and watch TV. Nice office chair.
Flat screen TV with RCA jacks for my iPod. The TV swivels to watch on the couch or bed.
There is a pool.
There is also a small on-site convenience store to get soda, chips, water, snacks, etc…
There are nearby restaurants as well.
The room darkening shades did a good job on keeping out the light if you need to rest during the day. My room was not facing west, so if your room is on the front of the hotel, you will have the afternoon sun to contend with.

Jeers:
---------
The TV is located off to the side of the bed. Some might find this annoying.
Bathroom counter space was limited for me…my wife was not with me…so for 2 people it could be tight.
OK water pressure and decent shower head.
The breakfast area seemed below par, but I did not partake in the freebie.
No ice maker in freezer (just ice trays), but there is an ice machine on site if you wish to fill the ice bin without using the ice trays.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
ATL
Reviewed 9 December 2008

The hotel is recently opened and by far one of the best in the Columbus, GA area!

• Liked — Suite spaciousness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)