“Horrible”

Ranked #45 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Horrible”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The room was dirty and had a terrible odor, they tried to give me another room, and that one was as bad as the first one. The only thing that they did do right was to give me a refund for three of the four nights that I had prepaid, so that I was able to find other accommodations, it cost a little more but it was worth it. What they need to do is to do total remodel this facility.

Room Tip: Room must be remodeled.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. It was in the "Historic District."(meaning in the older part of the city). This hotel has certainly seen better days. I did notice peeling paint on the exterior. However, our room was clean. The bed was comfortable. We had a microwave and mini-fridge. The front desk help was pleasant--giving us easy-to-follow directions on navigating the city. Housekeeping gave us good service. We reserved our room because of the price. We took a chance and we got a decent room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Falling Waters, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We booked here because it was last minute & we would only be here long enough to get a few hours of sleep. It was a part of the Choice Hotel chain that we are a member of and inexpensive. HUGE mistake. The place was filty, mildy, smelly, just disgusting.
The price was inexpensive but still overpriced for what we got. A truckstop would have been considered 5star in comparison! Dont do it - keep driving or pay more elsewhere!
Definately NOT a Choice Hotel

Room Tip: pick a room somewhere else - a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kellie A
Caledonia, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here one night. Enough!!! Every aspect of this place was filthy. Chair was soiled, curtains even had muscus on them. Disgusting. The outside stairs were just as disgusting as inside. We should have gotten our money back and kept on going.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you value cleanliness at all.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DWorden2014
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel because it was cheap and we would only be here long enough to sleep. Well, I couldn't even do that. It was around 11 p.m. When we checked in and the 2nd shift and 3rd shift clerks had a personal conversation while I was checking in. The room "looked clean" at first tired glance, but was in desperate need of an update. The fridge had paint splatter on it and made so much noise we unplugged it, dust on the t.v., the bathroom door had a hole in it, the shower curtain had mold and there was peeling silicone around the tub. The bed was hard too. I would never stay here again!!! We didn't stay long enough for breakfast. Oh, and forget sleeping cause the walls are thin and there is a busy highway outside.

• Stayed November 2013
Savannah GA
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Keep your expectations reasonable....and you won't be disappointed. It's a convenient location and felt secure. The lot, buildings were in good repair. The rooms are, ahem, well-used. Still, ours was clean enough and suited us for one night. I wasn't a fan of the mattress but the bedding was clean. The room had a faint odor of smokers and beer which although not unfamiliar, it was unpleasant. Bottom line: if you want an inexpensive room in downtown Columbus, it's worth consideration.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank dolomoto
Columbus, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We stayed here two weeks. Ago, the price was not negotiable at all. Not even a serviceman discount. I asked the desk worker if we could have a room, where the comforter had been cleaned. She responded, that she never heard of this... That should have been my key to not stay here. So we go in the room. And there is no tissue,soap, etc. I'm going in my head, Ok. well. maybe a new housekeeper. So i go and get some from a housekeeper.
Now I will say one positive thing here, the maintenance man does a great job of keeping good paint and the overall appliances working well.
Getting back on point. So we take a shower, and get out. walk around. and notice that our feet our completely black. while only walking maybe three ft from the bathroom to the bed... At this point i'm going ok again maybe a rookie housekeeper, the next day we had business to take care of so we wanted housekeeping to come in. we came back, again no toiletry's the bed was made. But I had made a mental note to test if they vacuumed anything. Or even mop. they had not. Again, no shoe's = solid black feet.
The next morning I wanted to see exactly what house keeping was doing. I HAD TO KNOW at this point. this is what they did. they grabbed the sheet's not comforter off and washed them, I assume they got everyone's. they did no vacuuming of any sort in any room. And not once did i see a mop. or anything that looks like a mop. This has had to be the most nasty vile place I have ever seen. I never saw any cleaning solutions for the shower. However I will say the shower did look somewhat decent...

So the positives are this.
room is somewhat cheap, still to much for what you get but eh...
Bed was infact decent.
And the maintenance man/woman done there job well.

For bad, Just look up...

Room Tip: There is no tip for this, there are hookers and drug dealers living here for the most part...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Zachary S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Courtyard Columbus Phenix City/Riverfront
#29 of 46 in Columbus
Hampton Inn & Suites Phenix City - Columbus Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Phenix City-Fort Benning Area
Value Place Columbus Bldg. 2

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!