“Wonderful property, all smiles” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #32 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Delavan, Wisconsin
“Wonderful property, all smiles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My daughter and I traveled to Columbus to attend my son's Airborne Graduation at Fort Benning. I was looking for somewhere close to the base with a small kitchen and a more "feels like home" atmosphere. My family can attest to the fact that Duke Doubleday and the entire staff at the Suburban Extended Stay - Columbus are doing it right. From the clean facility, to the pool, the charcoal grills available for use, the sitting area, made of logs and boasting a tv, near the well landscaped courtyard was the place to be for conversation and relaxing. The complimentary breakfast was hot and delicious, the ping pong table was open all day, and there were rocking chairs along the back patio for a place to rest. The kitchen with a full size fridge, cook top and microwave was perfect! For a family get away - to relax, and enjoy each other, not worry about anything, book at the Suburban Extended Stay in Columbus, GA. Duke - we will be back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. I like seeing that families were able to enjoy their time together while staying here with us. I am also happy to see another guest that felt that at home here with us. We do like our guests to feel as if it is one big happy family here and it seems as if we certainly are accomplishing that more often than not. Congratulations on your soldier's graduation and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hesperia, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

Booked 2 rooms, 1 was supposed to be for a wheelchair. IT WAS NOT. They are not honest. Had confirmation for 1 price and billed my card for another price. Don't leave your keys in the room at checkout VEIW what they are charging you. They billed me $49.10 more then my confirmation. Jennifer who is supposed to be the manager there told me I should be happy that the girl who booked the room undercharged me. She said she charged me for a king not 2 doubles, even though my reservastion confirmation states 2 doubles. How am I supposed to be happy about something they OVERCHARGED me on. She said she would credit me $20. BIG DEAL she should haved credited me $49.10. Also no housekeeping, they charge if you want your beds made. Stick to the HAMPTON or MARRIOTT. Dog area not for wheelchair it's down a grassy hill. Breakfast...don't eat the biscuits very dry.

Room Tip: Stay at the Hampton or Marriott instead.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brenda C
I want to thank you for taking the time out to leave us a review. Even if a review is not a 5 star review, we still appreciate the time it takes to share your opinion. Sometimes these reviews are the ones that give us the greatest advice. Your reservation for two rooms with two double beds was made incorrectly; you received a confirmation for both rooms. One confirmation was at the $86 room rate and one was at the $76 room rate. You were charged the $86 room rate on both of your rooms; however, when you brought this to my attention I apologized for the mistake and credited your credit card for the rate difference of $10 plus tax per night. I apologize again that you feel we did not give you a handicapped accessible room. Unfortunately, not all of our accessible rooms have roll-in showers. Also, we do not charge extra for any housekeeping needs. We are required by our franchise to put magnets on our refrigerators that say if you need housekeeping there is a fee and to let our staff know; however, we do not charge for housekeeping and we do provide daily housekeeping. We provide light service for guests that are staying over and full housekeeping services once a week for our extended stay guests. We were not aware that it was difficult to get down the small grassy hill to the fenced in pet area. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we will be looking into ways to make the fenced in area more accessible.
Clarkston, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed at the Suburban for our son's graduation from basic training and absolutely loved it. The staff is friendly, courteous, and willing to please. I had the pleasure of meeting Jennifer, Jessica, Tina, and Amy who greeted us with a smile every time we walked through the lobby. They go out of their way to provide soldiers who are on their family pass or those awaiting housing a wonderful down home atmosphere, and to that end, they have a foosball table, ping pong table, basketball court, horseshoes, bean bag toss, and a other items available at the front desk for recreation.

They have a beautiful pool, outdoor pavilion with fans (where we spent an entire day from 11:30 to midnight) with grills and TV, a fitness room, laundry room, small dining area where they serve a hot breakfast, office area, and rec. room. They also have a beautiful patio area complete with rocking chairs, outdoor fans and a TV. They even have a 'doggie park' where your pets can play. There are 'bags' provided to clean up doggie messes out in the park. The park area includes timer lights that can be turned on at night or early morning.

The rooms are very clean and secure. All doors including any into the building from the backyard are all key entry. The entire area is fenced so I felt safe and secure. The room even included a safe with a code that is created by the person using it. The rooms have a small kitchenette with a full-size refrigerator and a stove with two eyes. They have a skillet and a pot along with a few pieces of silverware, spatula, serving spoon, and potholders which would have been useful, but not knowing they would be there, I brought my own. They even had a few plates, bowls and glasses up in the cupboard. We prepared quite the feast for our son and four other soldiers.

The feast wouldn't have been complete without the owner of the hotel joining us. He entertained the soldiers with a few war stories and entertained the parents with his humor and wit.

Great hotel, great price, great service...definitely coming back

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave us this wonderful review. We appreciate it so much. It makes us very happy to read how much our guests enjoy staying with us. It look as though you and your family enjoyed all of our amenities while you were here. I am so glad that you were able to have so much fun while you were here. I hope that you get a chance to come stay with us again. You could even choose to come visit on your next vacation time. Congratulations on your soldier's graduation and we hope we do get to see you all again.
Jasper, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Several of us stayed at this particular Suburban Extended Stay Hotel to attend July Family Weekend at Ft. Benning. The rooms are comfortable and attractive, with full size refrigerator and everything we needed when staying multiple days. It is amazing how the manager and staff have customized the common areas to make them fun places for families of all ages. We joined several other families and had a cookout at the very comfortable Gazebo. They have indoor and outdoor games available. And of course, they have the usual fitness room, meeting room, a great breakfast, but also a room with a ping pong table! Our in-laws brought their small dogs and found that the manager has prepared a Dog Park area - lighted and fenced where people can run dogs off-leash. I believe they have thought of just about everything to make it comfortable for military families to stay here. Warm, welcoming, safe and a great price! This will be where we will be staying in September for grandson's graduation.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to leave us this wonderful review. I just love reading guests’ reviews and seeing how much they genuinely enjoyed themselves while staying here with us. It definitely brings a smile to my face. I am so glad that your family enjoyed the pet area. Duke has definitely set out to make sure that we truly are pet-friendly not that we just allow pets to stay here. It is always good to see families meeting each other and making friends when grilling out in the Gazebo or hanging out at the pool. It sometimes seems like one big family reunion around here. We look forward to you coming back in September for your soldier’s graduation and I am sure you will enjoy your stay just as much then as you did previously.
Sanford, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have read some really bad reviews on here and just wonder what people are trying to accomplish by saying things that CANNOT be true. We have stayed here twice with our son's graduation first from Airborne school then Ranger training, and BOTH visits have been GREAT. Hey look, the hotel is what it is. It is clean and safe and really close to two gates to Ft. Benning. The hotel is NOT the star of this review. It is staff. Tina, Amy, Tiffany, Jennifer, and even the maintenance guy, they are fun and friendly and SO WILLING to go out of their way to help in any way. Directions, restaurant ideas......whatever you need. My son is still in Ft. Benning for advanced Ranger training and I will be staying here again! Book with confidence!

4 Thank NCFoodie0722
Thank you so much for this wonderful review. It means a lot to us when our guests take time out of their day to leave us a review. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us. I know I have said this before, but this is the kind of experience that we want all of our guests to have. It is special and wonderful families like yours that make our jobs so enjoyable. We love meeting all the family and seeing the pride the family has in their soldier. That is a great experience for us and we appreciate families like yours sharing the experience with us. It never gets old. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hamilton, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel because my son was at Ft. Benning and we stayed once in May 2013 for Family Weekend and once in June for Graduation. The first stay we had 2 families staying in 2 rooms and the second time we had 4 families staying in 4 rooms. For the price it is a wonderful hotel with a good breakfast and great area for pets. I love the pool area and the shelter area outside. My only (small) complaint is that I requested a pool view room for our second trip and did not get one and the hotel did not appear to be full. As returning guests and someone that gave your hotel additional room bookings from 2 other families, I thought this might be something that could be accommodated since it was a small request. Most of the front desk staff was very friendly and the housekeeping ladies were great! Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer A, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus Fort Benning, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you so much for taking time out to leave us a review. I sincerely apologize that we did not accommodate your request for a pool view. Please be assured that I am looking into this in order to ensure this type of accommodation request is not overlooked in the future. I hope that you get a chance to come stay with us again in the future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

First of all this hotel is very affordable. It meet all of my needs for the weekend and was very pet friendly. My room had easy access to the outside pet area. I will be staying here again when I travel with my dogs.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. When we say pet friendly, we want that to mean more than just we allow pets. We strive to actually be pet friendly. It is great to see that our guests and their 4-legged loved ones are enjoying the pet area.