“Very clean and nice place to stay”

Hyatt Place Columbus - North
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Cape Coral, Florida
“Very clean and nice place to stay”
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Stayed at Hyatt Place while going to see my nephew graduate from Ft. Benning, and it was really nice. It is a bit far from Ft. Benning but worth it as it is in a good location and near many things. It took us about half an hour to get to Ft. Benning in the morning, which wasn’t terrible. Hotel is right off of the highway and easy to find, even at night. Located about two blocks from a Starbucks, for in the AM.

Our room was huge, king size bed but there was so much extra room. There was also a sitting room with a pull out sofa. Two sinks in the room, but none in the bathroom- I guess so another person can get ready while the other showers. TV was quite large and had all the connections in case you needed to hook up some equipment.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Magoosangel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ocean Isle Beach, NC
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Some months I spend half my nights in hotels, so I've stayed hundreds of nights at virtually every brand. Hyatt Place is the new kid on the block of 'premium express hotels', along with Courtyard & Hilton Garden Inns. This was my 1st experience with Hyatt Place, & I stayed at 2 of them this trip. 1st, the beds, often not mentioned in reviews but among the most important things. Beds were very comfortable, triple sheeted, with high thread count - nice. They're not up to 1st class standards, but they are 3 cuts above the likes of a Holiday Inn Express. They are plush & pillow topped. About the same standards as a Courtyard. I rarely comment on staff because I find good & bad even at the same hotel - besides, staff turnover is less than a yr. at hotels, so it's not likely you'll see the same person I did. Like Hilton GI & Courtyard, breakfast is available cooked to order but costs extra. Unlike Hilton GI & Courtyard, they also have a free cont. breakfast, but it's not up to standards. Cerial, bread, & mini-danish - that's it except some nice fruit. Breakfast ends far too early at 9:30. I prefer Courtyard or Hilton where breakfast runs til 10-11 a.m. The decor is contemporary but has a goudy & confining feel to me. The rooms were VERY spacious & contemporary, but not well furnished. No dresser, just 3 small drawers built into the bath vanity - which was outside of a closet size bathroom. It had a small desk (the only free-standing furniture piece) & ergo chair. Night stand is just a shelf between the beds. It had a wet bar & fridge. A huge design flaw is NO microwave and when I asked at the front desk, the girl said they get numerous complaints about that. So, enjoy your cold coffee. That is, if you can get a cup of coffee out of the rediculous makers. These coffee makers take a tea-bag size filter pack good for about a half a cup of good coffee. Those who travel with their own coffee & 4-cup filters are out of luck. Complimentary cofee/tea is NOT available in the lobby except in narrow window of breakfast. An L-shaped sofa is standard & a nice touch. Unfortunately, it's very hard & uncomfortable - built to take a commercial beating. Lighting is blinding with no soft lighting. Window treatment is scant. The nicest room feature is the 42" TV, and the beds. They do not have a hot-tub, unlike most Courtyards & Hiltons. Pool is out-doors & seasonal. Parking spaces are very narror & tight. Hyatt Place is a nice new product that will enjoy a following, but it's got it's flaws and some are significant. The folks at Hilton Garden Inn & Courtyard should NOT be worried.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2010

The Hyatt only guarantees the reservation -not the type of room or where it's located in the building. Don't waste your time "requesting" a room on a higher floor or a king bed -you'll get whatever they have. My confirmation reads "king bed" and high floor -but that's not what I got. Very annoyed. Won't stay at a Hyatt ever again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Upfield
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 23 May 2010

I've been staying in Hyatt Place hotels for the past two years and I have to admit I am always amazed by how clean and well layed out these hotels are. The HP in Columbus, GA is no exception and just reaffirmed my thoughts that Hyatt Place is the best value out there.

Each room has a 42" plasma tv, extended seating area with oversize ottaman and a desk with free high-speed internet. Most properties are refrubed "Amerisuites" hotels and each give you the same experience as the last. While this is not a four star hotel the room is spacious and the meal options available from the cafe give any room service menu a run for its money.

This stay matched every stay at every Hyatt Place I've ever visited. The bed (king) was comfy with just the right number of pillows and clean, crisp sheets. The shower seems roomier than that of a regular hotel and the "massage soap" is a nice touch. The TV is centrally located so you can watch from bed or cuddle up on the couch for a movie night; they even give you a throw to use!

I wish I could say the staff here made the difference but to date I've found all Hyatt Place staff to be the same great bunch! They are all warm and welcoming while ensuring they give you your space. In short I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Columbus (or anywhere else there's a Hyatt Place)!

The only issue one may find is that there's not a ton of storage space for clothing. If you are staying for more than a week there may be better options but for a week or less this is a no-brainer.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank griff72
Everett, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 March 2010

We travelled to Columbus to attend my sons graduation from Ft. Benning. There was myself and my husband, our two daughters, my father in law, my parents, my sons girlfriend and two of his friends. We booked three rooms for the first two nights and two additional rooms for the final night of our stay for my son and his friends. Upon arrival we were pleased with the area that the hotel was in. If you are traveling to Ft. Benning you will note the run down areas close to the base. The Hyatt was just far enough away, but still convienient to drive to the base. There was a Texas Roadhouse next door and an IHop. There were several restaurants all along the main road along with lots and lots of shopping. The staff at the Hyatt were beyond friendly and always there to help with whatever you needed. The hotel appears to be brand new. The lobby area and the Cafe where they serve the free continental breakfast were spotless. All of our rooms were very clean. The rooms had a sectional sofa as you walked in along with the desk and chair. There was a partition to divide the living room and bedroom. We had a mii fridge and a sink and coffee maker. Housekeeping was great and someone came along each day to make sure the room was cleaned to our expectations and to offer anything we may need. The continental breakfast was great with a group as large as ours. The women who work in the cafe were so friendly and really made your day each morning. i would recommend this hotel to everyone. There is a pool that we did not use due to the weather. If your looking for a reasonably priced, clean hotel in a safe area, the Hyatt Columbus North is it. My father in law could not stop talking about what a great deal it was. He was impressed with the breakfast and the staff . My son wanted to buy their pillows from them. The beds were very comfortable. The sink area had plenty of room for all of the toiletries that four teen girls brought along with them. I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom. It made it easier to get ready in the morning. My son also proposed to his girlfriend in front of all of his family and friends at the hotel !!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane3567
Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I travel to Columbus frequently, and used to stay at the Columbus Marriott downtown. Someone told me about the Hyatt Place, which is much more affordable, and now it's my new favorite. Great hotel. Fantastic rooms that are huge. There's a separate sitting area, and a large LCD TV. And, the staff is incredibly nice.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank kg30345
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 31 July 2009

This was my second time staying at this location. The staff are very friendly and bend over backwards to make sure you needs are met. Close to many restaurants and a couple of movie theaters. Was close to my meeting location as well. Hyatt Place rooms are hard to beat -- very spacious, great tv's, large workspace with free wi-fi and this location had fairly new workout machines. The free breakfast at Hyatt Place is great as well.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business