“Great location, staff were very friendly, the hotel looked brand new.”

Hyatt Place Columbus - North
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Everett, Massachusetts
“Great location, staff were very friendly, the hotel looked brand new.”
Reviewed 26 March 2010

We travelled to Columbus to attend my sons graduation from Ft. Benning. There was myself and my husband, our two daughters, my father in law, my parents, my sons girlfriend and two of his friends. We booked three rooms for the first two nights and two additional rooms for the final night of our stay for my son and his friends. Upon arrival we were pleased with the area that the hotel was in. If you are traveling to Ft. Benning you will note the run down areas close to the base. The Hyatt was just far enough away, but still convienient to drive to the base. There was a Texas Roadhouse next door and an IHop. There were several restaurants all along the main road along with lots and lots of shopping. The staff at the Hyatt were beyond friendly and always there to help with whatever you needed. The hotel appears to be brand new. The lobby area and the Cafe where they serve the free continental breakfast were spotless. All of our rooms were very clean. The rooms had a sectional sofa as you walked in along with the desk and chair. There was a partition to divide the living room and bedroom. We had a mii fridge and a sink and coffee maker. Housekeeping was great and someone came along each day to make sure the room was cleaned to our expectations and to offer anything we may need. The continental breakfast was great with a group as large as ours. The women who work in the cafe were so friendly and really made your day each morning. i would recommend this hotel to everyone. There is a pool that we did not use due to the weather. If your looking for a reasonably priced, clean hotel in a safe area, the Hyatt Columbus North is it. My father in law could not stop talking about what a great deal it was. He was impressed with the breakfast and the staff . My son wanted to buy their pillows from them. The beds were very comfortable. The sink area had plenty of room for all of the toiletries that four teen girls brought along with them. I liked that the sink was outside of the bathroom. It made it easier to get ready in the morning. My son also proposed to his girlfriend in front of all of his family and friends at the hotel !!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane3567

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I travel to Columbus frequently, and used to stay at the Columbus Marriott downtown. Someone told me about the Hyatt Place, which is much more affordable, and now it's my new favorite. Great hotel. Fantastic rooms that are huge. There's a separate sitting area, and a large LCD TV. And, the staff is incredibly nice.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank kg30345
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 31 July 2009

This was my second time staying at this location. The staff are very friendly and bend over backwards to make sure you needs are met. Close to many restaurants and a couple of movie theaters. Was close to my meeting location as well. Hyatt Place rooms are hard to beat -- very spacious, great tv's, large workspace with free wi-fi and this location had fairly new workout machines. The free breakfast at Hyatt Place is great as well.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank UMS
ARLINGTON
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Big plush rooms, great breakfast, quick and fresh food and drink any time without the pretentiousness of a hotel restaurant -- all those would make this hotel great, but what really impressed me was the staff. Skip the check-in kiosk, and enjoy the warm and friendly greeting instead. A guest shouted a nasty racial epithet at the front desk clerks after her husband's car was towed, but the staff kept their poise and continued to serve other guests -- not ignoring the incident, but also not letting it affect their good humor and commitment to maintaining the best possible environment for all guests.

One complaint: The highspeed Internet connection in my room went out during the last part of my visit, and the techs and the 800 number never could fix the problem. However, the computer downstairs was still available. I also really liked the privacy of the networked printer in the business center. I could print from my room and use an ID to pick up my document without having to disturb the other guests who were using the computers --and without anyone else seeing my documents.

Suggestion: Give the staff more training on the espresso machine. They shouldn't have to look up the procedure for making a mocha.

WARNING: Regarding the towing incident described above, take the staff seriously when they say you need to put the sign they provide on your dashboard. The hotel is flanked by two very busy restaurants, and towing unsigned cars is the only way they can preserve parking spaces for hotel guests. If someone is coming to visit you at this hotel, make sure you get a parking pass for them and put it on the car immediately. You have been warned!

As I expect to be back at Ft. Benning for more events during my son-in-law's Army career, I look forward to returning to this Hyatt Place. The location was a little hard to find at first, but once I got oriented, I found it convenient to get on I-185 and zip down to Benning or follow Veterans Parkway toward downtown.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Dunyazade
Lawrenceville GA
Reviewed 26 May 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Columbus, GA for a large church reunion celebration on Mother's Day. It was a three-day event, and other attendees were also staying at the property for the same event. The hotel staff went way beyond our expectations to see that every need was met. I particularly want to suggest this property because the lay-out of the suite is so comfortable, as well as attractive. Who could believe a 42" TV! We had two queen beds and an adjoining sitting room would have accommodated two more people because of the new convertible sofa. It was indeed a home away from home, as all conveniences were provided (refrigerator/bar/privacy divider).

Of course, we had special rates, so for general use, be prepared to pay more - but still I believe it would be worth it, especially for a larger family. I highly recommend the Hyatt Place North in Columbus, GA for a night - or a week. It might be considered out of the way for downtown Columbus events; however, the access is very easy from the Interstate (I-185) and there never were any traffic issues. Being from the busy Atlanta area, it was a snap to get anywhere, even if one was going to nearby Ft. Benning.

• Stayed May 2009