“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Saint Augustine, FL, United States
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The receptionist at check in was extremely helpful and professional - pulling a Mapquest for something we wanted to visit - and quickly! Decor was good and she automatically placed us on what I think was the quieter side of the hotel. Room was nicely decorated with black and white photo/prints and air worked perfectly.

1 Thank Mary R
Lacy H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Mary R
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay at Best Western. We strive to provide the best customer service and I'm glad that we were able to help you find your way around town. Our property has been recently update. Thanks for taking note of the new decor.
We hope you'll come back and stay with us if you're in the area again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
LaFayette, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

good hotel, clean, neat, only stayed one night, the hotel itself was excellent as usual, the lady at check in was less than friendly. internet was fast, cable good, beds nice, I always choose BW no matter what I have been burned by other cheaper hotels.

1 Thank Mary S
Mary S
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you being a loyal Best Western guest and we look forward to seeing you again in the future if you're ever in this area.
OK USA
Reviewed 12 August 2014

First of all I was pleased with the front desk check in and out was okay. No problem with the bed or room condition.

However, this place is filled with street walkers, pimps, people who should not have been on the property. It's located behind a restaurant so to get in and out is a hike a lot of blockage on vehicles from the restaurant crowed.

The hotel pictures doesn't show that the room door is access from the parking. At first I thought was the inside corridor. I was not impress with the safety. It rather "watch my back" kind of feeling. Also, the noise from the highway I-185 is very loud as the privacy wall doesn't cover the hotel area.

I would not stay here again after I talked to ATT guy at store he said that this place is full of illegal activities and always under the sting operation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Redhotruby42
I regret to learn that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide a safe, clean and comfortable environment where our guests and families feel welcome.
We appreciate your feedback and we will look into the issues that you've addressed so that we can provide a better stay in the future.
Madison, GA, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel was OK. Bedding was very good. Busy location with numerous tradesmen staying. Other guests too loud after 10PM. Very good breakfast. Room decor good and fairly recent. Checkin & checkout clerks very efficient.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Robert S
Robert S.
I'm glad that you found our accommodations comfortable. We were recently updated and strive to provide a clean and comfortable room. I regret that some of the other guests caused a noise disturbance. We will use your feedback to help provide better service in the future.
Your time and feedback are important and we appreciate you sharing them.
Plaquemine, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This 40 year old remodeled hotel was comfortable. I would stay there again. The hot breakfast was amenity is misleading. You can make a hot waffle. Nothing else (e.g., eggs, meats, grits, etc.) is cooked hot. Sausage biscuits are prepackaged and can be heated in the microwave. Boiled eggs are cold but you can also cut them in half for microwave heating. When I think about it, I guess instant grits and oatmeal are considered hot.

Lacy H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Terrilynn J.
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your experience at Best Western in Columbus Ga. your time and feedback are important to us. We appreciate you sharing them.
While our hotel did open originally in 1989 there have been some recent renovations to our rooms and public spaces. We are glad you found them comfortable. We're still working on what is now our deluxe continental breakfast and hope to have a more traditional hot breakfast soon.
I hope you'll come back again to try it out.
OCEAN SPRINGS
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The room was good however, other guests were constantly walking around the premisis with beer in their hands. Other guests were loud. The motel access is kinda annoying because of the u turns you have to make entering the motel. The pool area was clean, the room was clean, staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Lacy H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you Timothy S.
Your feedback and time are valuable to us and I appreciate you sharing them. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy our pool. What a great place to be on these hot days. It is a bit of annoyance to make the u-turn at the light at the end of the block, however, I hope it wouldn't deter you from staying with us again.
Our guests often forget they aren't at home as they enjoy themselves hanging out by the pool or at the grill. I'm sorry that they disturbed you and I'll look into the situation. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
We hope you'll consider staying with us again if you're in the area.
Simpsonville, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My visit was exceptional. The staff were friendly and rooms were very clean! The breakfast display was great and a nice lobby. My room was clean and serviced every day. Thank you to the Best Western Columbus team for making my stay awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Lacy H, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Tim W.
I'm so glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your time and feedback are valuable and we appreciate you sharing them. Our deluxe continental breakfast is a great way to start the day after a good night's sleep. We hope you'll come back to visit us again. We'll be waiting with smiles.