“Nice Hotel”

Candlewood Suites Columbus Fort Benning
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My family and I stayed for one night while in Columbus to go to the National Infantry Museum. This is a nice, clean, comfortable hotel. The rooms are spacious and well stocked. My kids borrowed a movie from the front desk and chowed down on the microwave popcorn in the room while I got caught up on work (very good wi-fi signal strength). I work at a hotel and am very particular about cleanliness of linens, etc. in rooms I stay in while traveling. This room was clean and fresh-smelling (no nasty fake air-freshner smell). I would stay again. Oh, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I stopped one of the employees on his way out the door to go home (thoughtless of me, I know) to ask his opinion about a local attraction and he stopped and answered my question without any look of annoyance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer B

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights while visiting my son at Fort Benning. Very convenient location. The hotel is awesome in so many ways. Immaculate rooms. Super friendly/helpful staff. Love the cupboard to grab a snack/drink/light meal. Lobby had computer and printer to print out my boarding passes ahead of time. Rooms are large and comfortable. Liked it so much I booked it again for our 5 night stay in November.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Doherty130
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I enjoy the the Candlewood suites business model. You do not get your room serviced every day but I normally keep a "do not disturb" sign up so this is not a problem for me. The offer free washer and dryer which is convenient for longer stays. The are close to Ft. Benning if you are doing business at the installation. The surrounding areas are not the pleasant to the eyes but I felt very secure at the parking lot and the doors lock after 10 PM so you need to be a guess to come to the lobby. The have a cupboard 24/7 which works on the honor system. The price are the cupboard are better than a convenient stores. Room were very clean and the sheets and pillows were nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CarlosTopeca
Reviewed 19 October 2013

First off, Justin goes above and beyond for guests at this hotel. He is always friendly and smiling, even when bombarded by multiple questions and requests. He is very knowledgeable about the area and extremely helpful.
This hotel may not be in the best location, however, it was a short, stress free drive to my son's Turning Blue ceremony at Ft. Benning, and graduation at the NIM.
There is a pantry with snack items at reasonable prices, and free coffee. There are also laundry items for sale at $1, though the washers and dryers are free.
The gym is not the best, but we were able to go across the street and use the local gym for free.
The room was clean, the full-size fridge was great, there are cots available for last minute guests and everyone is friendly.
If there was anything lacking, Justin made up for it.
I would recommend this hotel for those who are here for military graduation and family days. It may not be the best for small children, but only because there are not a lot of places for little ones to roam. But, it is a pet-friendly hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank ginabina13
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was here for 2 weeks and had a very nice stay. The hotel is located near Ft Benning and close to lots of fast food places. My only complaint was that the internet was slow. So many people on at the same time made it hard for me to stay connected.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I am a very picky guest in regard to cleanliness, service, and ammennities. I was truly shocked by this hotel. First, from the outside I was a little concerned as there was not much to the visual eye yet when I walked in, staff was excellent. Then I saw the room. It was huge, extremely clean, white (unstained) linens, full kitchen, desk, reclyner, drawers in the bathroom, popcorn and coffee available, all of the plugs and lights worked perfectly, a dvd player, free movies to watch on the dvd player, free computer use in the lobby with printer at no extra charge, an honor system mini store with a large variety, plugs everywhere you would think to need them, full closet, and inexpensive. I was truly shocked that what I walked into was a fully furnished studio apartment! Because of the excellence with this hotel, I will continue to seek a Candlewood Suites for my next stay. I was beyond impressed and like I mentioned earlier, I am EXTREMELY picky! Thank you for a pleasant stay while I was here watching my daughter's Airborne graduation. You (Candlewood) made my stay as comfortable as home!

Room Tip: Close to Fort Benning, can get Government rate, book in advance.