Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Mooresville, NC
“5 Star Experience”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel right before my fiance's deployment to Kuwait. He actually proposed to me during this time and had a dozen roses waiting for me, along with rose petals on the bed and floor, chocolates, and wine waiting for me in the room upon arrival. Our room had a nice hot tub and comfy bed. The room was spacious and nicely appointed with a flat screen TV, mini fridge, and microwave. Service and breakfast were excellent. Breakfast was complimentary, and included eggs, bacon, oatmeal, cereals, yogurt, pastries, juices, fruit and a self-serve pancake machine. The hotel also had a
nice business center equipped with two large flat screen computers. Wi-fi is free, as well. We will definitely be back, as we plan to stay here when I pick him up from his deployment.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank greenidlady
JazmineSoFancy, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, 22 January 2013
Thank you for posting your review via Trip Advisor regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Columbus - Ft. Benning, GA. As a Priority Club Rewards member, you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let other potential guests know how pleasant your stay was.

It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. I am forwarding your comments to all managers & staff members at our hotel, to make them aware of the positive impact their hard work is having on our guests.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Jazmine Nelms
Front Office Manager
CSGFB
Phone: 706-507-7080
Email: fdm@hiexcolumbusga.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Yuba City, California
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I had an issue with my reservation that the customer service department could not resolve for me over the phone - they said I would have to discuss it with a manager at the property when I arrived to check in. I was pleasantly surprised that Jazmine at the front desk handled my issue wonderfully and made our stay here very enjoyable. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially folks like us from out of town who are here to attend an Army graduation. Thank you, Jazmine!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Jeff B
, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank so, much for thank the time to re-post your review. My staff and I are happy that you enjoy yourself and that we were able to assist you with your issue. PLEASE come back and Visit!!!
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I have never stayed at a better location in my life. The hotel was new, clean & from the food to the faces everything was so refreshing. My son graduated this week & my husband & I couldn't have enjoyed a better experience anywhere else. We are well seasoned travelers & I must say the Holiday Inn Express Columbus Ft. Banning is our best YET!! Thank you!!!

• Stayed April 2012
7 Thank Ashleyboo
Broomfield
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My son is graduating from Ft. Benning in the coming weeks. Due to his orders changing we had to shorten our stay at the hotel - one suite and one regular room. The Asst. Mgr - Mimi Gonzales - was rude on the phone and when I asked for a refund for that evening she claimed I would be 'ripping off' the hotel. Since when is changing a stay by one evening ripping off a hotel? This hotel is must be undergoing some kind of financial hardship.

And as far as Ms. Gonzales not sure where she got her customer service training, but this isn't the type of hotel I would recommend nor will I ever give them business in the future.

Apparently projecting a good professional impression isn't something the Holiday Inn at this location has impressed on their staff.

We are not looking forward to staying at this hotel at all.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank C S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Fort Benning, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear C S,

Thank you for leaving a review. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. This is not the type of service you should expect from our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is any thing we can do to make your next stay more comfortable. Please do not hesitate to ask.

Katie J
IHGCare
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel was very nice. We booked two suites for the holiday weekend. The room was very large, pullout sofa, two double beds and a wet bar. Everything was new and clean. This location is very close to Fort Benning. Our family lived close to the base. Location is not very close to shopping. You have to travel at least four exits to get to the shopping areas. Since we were visiting family, the location was great. There was a good variety of food at the breakfast bar. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank lmguyton
New York suburbs
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We traveled to Columbus Georgia for our son's graduation from Basic Training at Ft. Benning.
This hotel is located only .5 mile from the Main Post entrance at Ft. Benning. We were very pleasantly surprised by how updated and modern the hotel was, and how reasonable the rates were. The room and bathroom were spacious, comfortable and squeaky clean, and decorated in a fresh contemporary style. The beds and pillows were super-comfortable, which is not so typical an experience in chain hotels! Every staff person we interacted with, beginning with the attentive lady staffing the late night check-in front desk, to the housekeepers and other desk and hotel personnel was so gracious and welcoming! Southern hospitality at its best! The dining area and buffet breakfast were a definite cut above most motel offerings. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to return in three months for our son's graduation from Officers Candidate School at Ft. Benning. We definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Columbus and to Ft. Benning. Worth noting: we did not have time to use the pool, but it looked great. They also have a barbeque outside that guests can use to save money and entertain their military family members when visiting.

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor, but it was very quiet. We requested a non-smoking room, and never smelled...