“Not all that”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Columbus, Georgia
“Not all that”
Reviewed 10 December 2010

My wife and I visited tonight and it wasnt worth the price. Amberjack was a bit foul and tasted like canned jack salmon. Fried oysters had a funky taste. The tea was sweet.

Fort Drum, New York
“Empty restaurant, but great sea fish.”
Reviewed 6 December 2010

Most of the time I avoid empty restaurants but I took a chance this time and was not dissappointed. The fish was delicious and it was apparent that the owners focused on making the restaurant feel like a fish market. There were cement floors, tables covered in brown paper, and brick walls seperated the different rooms.

I had the seafood pasta and my parents shared some cod. All of us were very satisfied with out meals. However, we were not satified with the service. Although are waitress was very nice and personable, it took nearly 45 minutes for our food to arrive. But it was worth the wait becaue the food was delicious.

If you are in Columbus, it is definitely a restaurant I would try.

1 Thank PeteB87
Columbus, GA
“Terrible....I won't be back”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I frequented this restaurant a lot when it was a hole-in-the-wall. It used to serve fabulous seafood. Since moving downton, the food and service has suffered tremendously. My last visit there is certainly THE last. I took my sister there for a special dinner since she was visiting from out of town. We ordered fried green tomatos for an appetizer. They were okay, but they weren't the same as in the past. My sister ordered the chef pasta special, and I ordered the fried oyster dinner. 50 minutes after ordering, the waitress returns to the table to let us know that they are out of pasta. My sister opted for bowl of gumbo instead of the pasta dinner. 35 more minutes pass until our dinner arrives. The gumbo is a disaster. My sister said it tasted like hormel chili out of the can, and she was right. It was not even edible. While my fried oysters were actually quite good, the sides were a disaster. The potatoes and green beans were way over seasoned and tasted like they were made a week prior and warmend up several times. The waitress was not at all concerned that my sister sent the gumbo back and that everything except the oysters on my plate remained untouched.

The restaurant really is a nice edition to the downtown area, but the chef and management need to get a reality check on the quality of their food and service. I know I shared my experience with others in town and quite a few people felt the same way about the restaurant going downhill. I won't be back. What a shame.

ft benning ga
“Not impressed.”
Reviewed 29 April 2010

My blacked mahi mahi was on the dry side, the strongest flavor was freezer. The fries were good... Two people in my party got an encrusted fish and they was very soggy. This place should make the food as nice as the atmosphere. The server was slow and stood around a lot while we tried to get her attention during different parts of the meal.. I was very unsatisfied with the food and it left me wanting fast food on the drive home. I have eaten at many fish places and this was the worst in food quality.

Midland, GA
“A real gem in downtown Columbus”
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Regrettably our city has so few "unique" restaurants it was a real delight to find The Market. Unfailingly the seafood has been fresh & flavorful. The okra is a must even for those who think it might not be their first choice. I go at least once a week. Lunch is a real deal with a menu of great choices at very reasonable prices. I've taken many out of town guests there and all have been pleased.

1 Thank AudreyJazzBabe