“Great customer service!”

Hampton Inn Columbus-North
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I stay at the Hampton inn Columbus North about once a year for an annual visit to Ft. Benning. The hotel is situated in a great location close to restaurants. The front desk staff always are very helpful and welcoming.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

I'm delighted our team of customer service professionals exceeded expectations during your most recent stay at Hampton North. You're absolutely right about our location in progressive North Columbus being convenient to many nationally known restaurants offering a variety of cuisines. We also have a number of excellent local establishments and our guest services staff is always available to offer suggestions.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Columbus-North

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while on business. Check in was very quick and staff were very friendly. The room was clean, but a little outdated as the wallpaper was starting to peel at the bottom

Pro:
Clean Room
TV has variety of channels
Comfortable bed
Complimentary Breakfast

Con:
Room was a bit outdated

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thanks for taking time to review the Lighthouse award winning Hampton North Columbus on Trip Advisor. We're very proud of our recently renovated lobby, breakfast room, and fitness center. We'll soon be refurbishing the guest rooms and hope you'll return to enjoy them.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

good location, nice rooms, decent rates. This hotel is located near the riverfront within 10 minute drive. There is good choice of restaurants close by also. I do think it is time for them to replace the mattresses the one in our room was too hard. I stayed at a Hampton in Jax, Fl it had very nice mattresses. We would stay here again.

We were not informed of any free refreshments for Hilton Honors.

Did not know this place had a room with Jacuzzi tub in it.

Room Tip: no restaurant complimentary breakfast was nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

I appreciate you taking time to submit a positive review following your recent stay at Hampton North. We are so very proud of our newly renovated lobby and fitness center and hope you'll let family and friends know we're anxious to share our "Hamptonality."

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Great location with restaurants all around you. The hotel was very clean, staff was very friendly, felt safe in the area, and the complimentary breakfast was an added treat which was good. All the food was fresh and the young woman working the breakfast area was very pleasant and this made the morning much warmer for us early birds in the am.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Our team members love to share their "Hamptonality" and it's always good to know when their efforts pay off. Thanks so much for sharing your very positive comments on Trip Advisor. At Hampton North we really do love having you here and hope you'll return very soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

My family and I were investigating the area as we weren't sure if we'd be interested in moving for a new job. My husband knew the area as he was stationed in Ft. Benning years ago. We weren't sure what to expect but were very pleased with what we found. While we were there, my son celebrated his 7th birthday. In speaking with Nikko about his birthday, she got a little tray full of goodies together and brought it to our room for my son's birthday. She had snacks, healthy snacks, beverages and even made him a little card. She is someone who went above & beyond. The hotel was very clean, beds were very comfy, rooms were good sized (not crowded at all) all staff was very friendly. The breakfast room was being renovated while we were there and should be completed by now. Breakfast was very good. The "main course" changed each day & food was plentiful. We did not check out the pool area as it was cold when we were there. We would definantly return to this hotel. You will NOT be disappointed. Thank you Nikko for making my son's birthday special. He talks of you/it often! Keep up the great attitude!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 5lovesthebeach
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

WOW!!! You made my day with your fabulous comments about Hampton North and in particular, Nikko, one of our most outstanding team members. It pleases me no end when a guest takes time to point out when we exceed expectations and share those compliments on Trip Advisor. I thank you for the opportunity to serve you. Nikko and the rest of our Lighthouse award winning team looks forward to your return trip.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here on a recent trip to Columbus to visit my son. I got a king size room and got my son and his new wife a king size room with a jacuzzi tub. The staff was awesome. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Being a Hilton Honors member they had free snacks and drinks. Definitely a plus. The morning breakfast was perfect. It was included in the price of the room and had an assortment of hot and cold items, coffee and juices. I would definitely go back if in the area and stay here without question. There were some minor problems with the internet that night and no movie rentals, which would have been nice, but otherwise a great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the halls are quieter away from the elevators. King room and King room with jacu...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MominNH45
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Thanks so much for your kind words about our team and hotel. I'm delighted we exceeded your expectations and hope when your future travels bring you back to Columbus, you'll once again choose Hampton North to be your "home away from home".

Reviewed 20 January 2013

I love Hampton. I love the service and just the hospitality and service that seems to be forgotten by so many other service oriented businesses. This Hampton was average in every way except for the employees. They were,as usual, very helpful and friendly. Maybe it was just my imagination, but the room seemed smaller. I know the bathroom was smaller than usual. Not the usual generous vanity that two people could use at the same time. There was some remodeling going on in the breakfast area, but they did a good job of setting up the food and drink in a nearby meeting room. The attendant did a good job of keeping it well stocked and clean despite the inconvenience. Overall, it was a good experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Thanks so much for sharing your positive experience at Hampton North. I do apologize for any inconvenience caused during the Perfect Mix lobby renovation but I'm delighted to hear our team provided the "Hamptonality" for which we're known. I hope you'll return to Hampton North when your travels bring you back to Columbus so you'll be able to enjoy the new lobby, breakfast room, and fitness center. Thanks again for your review and for giving us the opportunity to serve you.