“Hampton”

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Seminole, Texas
“Hampton”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The room was nice and clean and the staff where very nice and helpful. The breakfast was good and they have a Tacobell and Ihop right across the street. We had to get two rooms and we easliy got two rooms with a door between them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thanks for sharing your comments following a recent stay at Hampton North Columbus. We're very fortunate to be located in progressive North Columbus, close to many well know restaurants with cuisine ranging from fast food to fine dining. I'm delighted to know we were able to fulfill your need for two rooms and hope you'll return for more "Hamptonality" in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Columbus, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The location for this hotel is good but the room was awful. The staff was not very helpful. I would not recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean room. The room was a no smoke but smelled like smoke and who ever cleaned the room swept the trash into a conner in the room and left it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
I want to offer my sincere apology for our failure to exceed your expectations at Hampton North. Your experience was not typical as is reflected by our many positive reviews on Trip Advisor. I'm not offering an excuse for dropping the ball, the housekeeper simply made a mistake and entered the room status as clean when, in actuality, it had not been inspected. We make every effort to provide an exemplary stay for every guest every day. However, we occasionally fall short like we did with you. Again, I am truly sorry for the error. I hope when your future travels bring you back to Columbus you'll give us another chance to provide 100% "Hamptonality".
Thomson, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The hotel staff was very wonderful just the overall cleanliness of the room was an issue for me. With the amount charged I expected more. The linen was dirty, and the shower head was really nasty along with the ring in the sink. I was under the impression when I booked my room I would have 2 queen beds instead there were 2 full size beds. Maybe I'm asking to much for my money

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
I am sincerely sorry our housekeeping team dropped the ball so badly during your recent stay. The bathtubs are scheduled to be refinshed next week and they'll look sparkling clean after. We're stepping up our inspection efforts so stained linens are removed from service prior to leaving the laundry. I also apologize for the Central Resrevations office making an error in regard to bed type. I'm pleased to find our team members provided excellent service, an atribute for which Hampton North is well known. When your future travels bring you back to the area, I hope you'll give us a second chance to exceed your expectations in every way.
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Just checked out after a one night stay on the way to see family. We didn't have a reservation, but we're able to get a room in about 5 minutes. Teara at the front desk was great!! Room was exceptionally clean and quiet. Breakfast was very good, quite a variety. Hotel location was very convenient to the interstate and there were several dinner choices very close. Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed November 2013
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thanks for sharing your positive comments on Trip Advisor. Teara is one of our many "shining stars" and she always goes the extra mile to exceed expectations.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was a comfortable, convenient hotel while I was on a business trip. The included breakfast was very good and there are good spots in the hotel to get some work done. The room had everything you'd expect and the free, fast wifi is appreciated. I'd stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
One of the most important amenities for the business traveler is reliable and fast WIFI service. We're very happy to be a part of Hampton's "Stay Connected" program. This is yet another way to exceed your expectations and share our "Hamptonality". Thanks for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.
Eastvale, CA, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The hotels was very clean and the clerks on duty were a big help with information on where to go and how to get there. The price could have been a little cheaper but I was there visiting my son and his great great aunt

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thanks for taking time to submit a Trip Advisor revew following your recent stay at Hampton North Columbus. Our guest services team is well versed in both chain and independent restaurants and always willing to offer suggestions. Room rates are market driven and we check daily to ensure we're comparable with other hotels in the area. Hampton North has a number of discounted rate offers available on line.
Gallatin, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here twice-two totally different experiences. One was very complimentary & the other a nightmare. However, the negative experience due to noise level of other guests & it was not resolved. The hotel is clean and the breakfast was quite good but the staff failed to respond to complaint about noise issue.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
While I'm delighted you returned to enjoy our hotel, I'm troubled the inconsiderate behavior of a few guests prevented you from experiencing "Hamptonality" at it's finest this time. I sincerely apologize for dropping the ball and hope you'll give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in every way.