“Upgrade”

Hampton Inn Columbus-North
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 13 June 2014

When we got to the hotel, we were informed that we had been upgraded to a suite. Why? I don't know, but who is to argue with being upgraded. It was a great stay, Everything was as you would expect a suite to be. Hampton Inn, feel free to upgrade me any time you want.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

One of the many ways we share "Hamptonality" is by providing "Unexpected Delights". Fresh baked cookies, a refreshing glass of lemonade, a friendly welcome from every team member, or, in your case, a complimentary Suite upgrade. These are the little extras that make Hampton North stand out. I'm so glad we were able to make your stay a little more memorable.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Friendly nice staff.

Comfortable Hampton bed. But the room itself needed some refreshing.

This hotel had lower rates than most in this area, now we know why, its rooms need fresh paint and new carpet.

As much as we like and stay in Hamptons.

How ever lately we have stayed in several Hamptons that are in real need of fresh paint, new carpet and a good cleaning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I'm beyond ecstatic to announce our new guest room carpet arrived yesterday. The brighter colors will make a hugely positve impact when you enter the room. During the carpet installation we'll also be painting and refreshing the rooms. I hope when your future travels bring you back to Columbus, you'll give us another chance to exceed all your expectations.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The location is perfect in distance from Ft. Benning, GA....not too close but not too far away. I believe that this is one of the few 100% smoke free hotels in the area so that was our main reason for selecting this hotel. The rooms were smaller than I recalled from another Hampton Inn, and I thought it was a little weird that the comforters on the bed had lumps in them. We were only going to be staying for 3 nights so it was ok for us....but if i had to stay a few more days i think i would have changed to a different hotel. The bathroom didn't have a ventilation system at all in it. This seemed a little odd to us as well. I enjoyed the variety of cereals that the breakfast bar had. The coffee was very good too (didn't feel like i needed to run out to the nearest dunkin donuts to get my caffeine fix!). All in all, it was not a bad stay, just really not enough to make me want to stay there again. The staff at the front desk were always friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank k9lover68
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

I'm so very sorry we failed to provide a five star experience but happy to know our team shared "Hamptonality" with you. The exhaust system in the bathroom can be easily missed as it vents to the roof where the fan is located. I assure you it works effectively in spite of the quietness. We're nearly finished with changing out the last of the lumpy duvet inserts. We tested many products until we found one that stands up to multiple launderings without lumps.I hope you'll give us another chance to exceed your expectations when your future travels bring you back to Columbus.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I booked late and was able to get the Hampton Inn at the full maximum allowable rate for one night. The room was not immediately ready, but when we got it is was properly cleaned and comfortable enough. The staff was nice but came in (while I was just out of the shower in a towel) at 9:30 telling me I was late checking out and to hurry up. In my hurry to get out I did not use the bathroom again, and before leaving attempted to go downstairs, only to find the sink in the bathroom filled with vomit. Nice hotel but staff just were on their own schedule and only concerned with "getting the job done."

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I'm sincerely sorry we failed to meet your expectations. Our team tries very hard to provide a perfect experience for every guest. However, when we drop the ball as was done during your stay, we apologize, dust ourselves off, discuss the issues in the team "Huddle", and do our best to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to discuss this situation by phone last week. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I really enjoy staying at the Hampton Hotel in Columbus, Georgia. The staff is very professional and always kind and friendly. The rooms are very cozy and it's like the comfort of your home. The free breakfast is great! I can't say enough about the excellent services and I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

1  Thank SAW716

WOW! Thank you so very much for taking time to share this positive review following your recent stay at Hampton North Columbus. Our team strives to exceed the expectations of every guest and it pleases us to read "mission accomplished". Our full hot breakfast, complimentary WIFI, Fitness Center, HDTV, and close proximity to dining and shopping, combine to make it easier for us to provide "Hamptonality". Please come back again when your travel plans bring you back to Columbus.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel was clean and in a nice area. Convenient to restaurants and shopping and the Army base and Museum. The breakfast was very convenient and the coffee was available all day. The staff was very courteous and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

You can be sure the coffee will be hot and fresh 24/7 at Hampton North. Our close proximity to the JR Allen Parkway makes getting to Ft Benning a breeze. New restaurants and shops have recently opened at Columbus Park Crossing, located less than a mile from the hotel.

Thanks for taking time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This has been a very comfortable place to stay in Columbus. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Good location with numerous restaurants close by to satify every taste and pocket. The rooms are spacious. Good value.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Our team makes every effort to provide our guests a "Value Added" hotel experience. Complimentary WIFI, "On the House "Hot Breakfast, Fitness Center, Business Center, and Pool are but a few of the many components offered to help achieve this. Our location in progressive North Columbus is minutes away from many well known restaurants as well as some local favorites.

Thanks for sharing your positive experience on Trip Advisor.