“comfy bed, soft towels good breakfast, quiet room”

Hampton Inn Columbus-North
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Atlanta, United States
“comfy bed, soft towels good breakfast, quiet room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This Hampton hit all of my key requirements when traveling on a business trip, good job! the check-in and check-out was a breeze, the room was clean and up to date. TV remote worked and it was a painless experience during a hectic business trip to Columbus. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I'm glad to know we were able to ease the pain of your hectic business trip. We make every effort to treat you as we would a guest in our home. That's our definition of "Hamptonality".
Starting the day with a full hot complimentary breakfast, enjoying a freshly baked cookie with a refreshing glass of lemonade, and, at the end of a long day, sinking into that comfy bed. These things and many more amenities combine to provide a memorable stay at Hampton North.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had a pleasant stay at this hotel.
Tiera at the desk was very pleasant.
The room was small, but from a design perspective, it was an excellent use of space.
I was on the 5th floor. The hall rug was kind of groddy, but my room was clean.
The bathroom counter was small, but okay.
The internet was spotty, but that is not uncommon in hotels.
There were plenty of outlets ... plenty of towels and washcloths.
There was lots of hot water and the pressure was good.
The bathroom was very clean.
There was a microwave and fridge in room.
I did not use the exercise room.
The clerk at the desk said that the property was about 10 years old.
I would stay here again!
: -)

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks so much for taking time to submit a positive and very detailed review of Hampton North Columbus. Teara is a valued member of our Guest Services team and she always greets you with a smile and a whole lot of "Hamptonality". We look forward to another opportunity to serve you again when your future travels bring you back to the Columbus area.
Birmingham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is conventiently located to shopping and eateries. It is also located close enough to Fort Benning to be there in 10 to 15 minutes. There is a special rate for families visiting Ft. Benning. The saff was quite friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Our location in progressive North Columbus and close proximity to Ft Benning make Hampton North the ideal hotel choice. We appreciate and respect our men and women of the armed forces as well as their family and friends. You'll find we always offer substantial military discounts to include both active duty and retirees. It's our way of saying thanks for your service. We're here 24/7 waiting to spread our "Hamptonality" so give us a call today.
Chatham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Travelers beware, we stayed at this hotel in rooms 222 and 217, a few days ago. The hallway carpets and room carpets are filthy, the windows are archaic and the walls are crumbling/mold spotted, the closet bifold door was broken. I am amazed that people have written good reviews for this hotel. The pool is old and my son and I had to clean it with a net that had two holes in it. I got rubber bands from the front desk to wrap around the holes. The pool is literally next to the parking lot. The rubber bin that holds the pool towels is not water proof and every towel was soaked. The front desk staff didn't seem to care and gave me towels from the laundry room. DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE PHOTOS ON LINE. The lobby is new and the eating area is new but that is it. GO NEXT DOOR AND STAY IN THE HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS. The front desk woman never told me the rest of the hotel was not renovated. Yes the bedspread was white and clean but that was the only thing white and pristine in this hotel. The bathrooms are old,old,old. This hotel is not competitive in America today with all the other newer options. Go someplace else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I'm sincerely sorry we failed in our efforts to exceed your expectations. We're in the process of replacing the guest room carpets and hope to have the project completed in August. In an effort to restore your faith in Hampton North and show you we're worthy of the overwhelmingly positive reviews we've received, I would like to offer you two complimentary nights and upgrade your accommodations to an Executive Suite. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I'll handle the arrangements personally. Again, I apologize for giving you such a negative impression and hope you'll give us another chance.

Yours in "Hamptonality",

Bruce Raines, GM
conyers, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our Family took a weekend break to go white water rafting. I found the hotel at the Hilton Website. The price, location and overall appearance was wonderful. I will definitely stay here again with many family.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

As you discovered, Hampton North is just minutes away from the Whitewater Experience. When you've tamed the rapids and return to the hotel, we'll be waiting to greet you with a warm cookie and cold glass of lemonade. Our Guest Services team will be glad to recommend a restaurant sure to satisfy every palate or cuisine. Thanks for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again very soon.

Yours in "Hamptonality",

Bruce Raines, GM
Oceanside, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here as a recommendation from my husbands family members that live here in Columbus. The staff was very friendly and the accommodations suited its purpose perfectly. I will most defiantly stay here again. p.s. The beds are super comfy!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Gotta love those Hampton comfy beds. We now feature four pillows on every bed so you can surround yourself in luxury. Word of mouth is the best advertising we can possibly get and I'm so pleased your friends recommended Hampton North. Our entire award winning team looks foward to the opportunity of serving you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here when attending Callaway Gardens for the 4th of July. I enjoyed my stay; especially my room upgrade to a 1 br suite. This was a nice room with all the amenities included. The staff was also very attentive to my needs. Thank You and I will be staying here for my future trips to Callaway Gardens

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Just a short drive north on Georgia Scenic Highway 27 takes you to the quaint town of Pine Mountain and beautiful Callaway Gardens. Each season offers something unique to see and do, culminating in December's Fantasy in Lights display. Take time to drive through FDR State Park and visit Dowdell's Knob where President Roosevelt came to relax and picnic.

You can be sure we'll have a full hot breakfast ready for you before you embark on your excursion and freshly baked cookies upon your return.