“Loved everything about this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Columbus-North

Hampton Inn Columbus-North
Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
ireland
“Loved everything about this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2009

My husband and I visited Columbus and our stay was for a few days. The purpose of our visit was to attend our son's graduation at Fort Benning. How lucky we were to find Hampton Inn, Columbus North. What a delightful hotel - warm-charming and very central with lots of parking facilities. Our trip was during Halloween and the hotel was decorated accordingly to the highest standards. All staff were wonderful - most helpful-friendly-welcoming and did everything possible to make our stay a memorable one. Thank you Barbara for all you did for us. Our room was a delight to be in. Breakfast was delicious with plenty of variety. This hotel was small-exceptionally clean-warm and most friendly. I felt so much at home especially with all its amenities. If you are visiting Fort Benning you have to stay here.

Vivienne Platten
Ireland

• Liked — central,friendly,clean and comport
  • Disliked — no complaints at all
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
HamptonNorthColumbus, Social Media Coordinator at Hampton Inn Columbus-North, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
On behalf of the Hampton Inn North Columbus, we thank you for allowing us the opportunity to accommodate you. We know you have many options when traveling to Columbus and we are pleased and proud that you chose us.

We could not have been more excited to read your review. It is truly our goal each and every day to meet and exceed your expectations. We love nothing more than making you feel like Hampton Inn North Columbus is your local home away from home!

Again, thank you for choosing Hampton Inn North Columbus as your home away from home in Columbus. We certainly hope you will give us a second chance to exceed your expectations in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

This was a typical Hampton Inn.....which is a good thing. I tend to like Hampton as well as the more upscale Hiltons.

This is located across the interstate from a rapidly growing retail area, so there are lots of options for dining.

• Liked — Free Breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2008

I went to Ft. Benning for a family weekend with my husband. This hotel is convenient to the base (about a 10 minute drive). There are hotels that are closer but they didn't seem to be in as good shape or in as good a neighborhood. I arrived in Columbus after midnight and the front desk clerk was wonderfully friendly after my long drive (8 hours) and let me unload my bags (I had quite a few) into the lobby so I didn't have to drag them all the way from my car in the parking lot in the dark. Our room was clean and smelled very nice. The fresh cookies they have in the room are also a nice touch. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful when we had an issue with our room key (I guess they can't be near a cell phone....Oooops) The pool area was clean and well maintained and their breakfast is excellent. I have to go back in about a month and I definitely will be making my reservations there!!!! Highly recommended to anyone looking for a room for Ft. Benning graduation festivities.

• Liked — The beds are unbelievably comfortable
  • Disliked — You can't bring pets
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Kansas city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2007

We stayed here last weekend.
The hotel is in an area that appears to be experiencing new development.
There were other chain hotels within walking distance of the hotel and upon check in, we were offered a coupon for a free appetizer for a local steak restaurant , which I believe was within walking distance of the hotel.
We were unable to take advantage of that.
The area seems safe and within a short distance was a Starbucks and what appeared to be a new outdoor mall area.
Saw quite a few soldiers from Ft Benning walking around.
The hotel was clean, quiet and looked new.
Lobby area was very attractive and welcoming.
Reception desk was very pleasant with an area offering magazines and paperbacks to read-a nice touch.
I cannot say for sure, but, I got the impression that this particular Hampton did not offer an evening Manager's Reception as other Hamptons sometimes do.
Our room was comfortable with 2 queen beds and an ample bathroom .
The beds were very comfortable. The room was immaculate and smelled fresh.
We were greeted with a plate of chocolate chip cookies, a bag of chips and some bottled water in the room.
Another nice touch to tide a weary traveler over till dinner.
The view from our room was of a brick yard next door. But, we were not there for the view.
They also had a small outdoor pool.
Breakfast the next day was of the continental variety-bagels, toaster waffles , cold cereal.
A very nice Hampton, will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — It was clean, quiet and welcoming.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RachelKansasCity
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2007

My fiancee is stationed at Fort Benning and we wanted to get away from base for my visit to Georgia.

The Hampton was in a nice place, around exit 10, near a outdoor mall and movie theater (not walking distance tho). The costumer service was EXCELLENT. When I arrived (early), a room wasn't ready, so one of the employees gave me a ride over to the mall so I could entertain myself for a little while. They always said hello and asked how I was. There isn't a shuttle, but they will call a cab for you, if you ask. :)

We stayed in a room with a king bed. It was extremely comfortable and had both soft & firm pillows. There was a desk in the room and they had good wireless internet service.

There is an outdoor pool, but it was too cold when I was there to use it, and there was also a laundry room. My room was quiet and comfortable. If I could change anything, I'd toss a DVD player in the rooms, and have a hot tub, but hey - it was good for the money we paid and the staff is absolutely wonderful.

Oh! There is also a continental breakfast, but I never ate it, so I'm not sure how good it is. :)

• Liked — employee service, $5 cab ride to food/shopping, comfy pillows
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank rachel128
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn North for one night while traveling through town. I am a Hilton Honors member, and had made reservations a few weeks in advance for a standard King room. We got there rather late Friday night and checked right in. We were actually upgraded to the King suite which was VERY nice. There were 2 seperate rooms; one being a living room with a kitchenette and the other being the bedroom and bathroom. There was a carton and milk and a couple of cookies waiting on us in the room, which I thought was a really nice touch. The living room was complete with a sofa, chair, desk and TV. The bedroom was nice with a really comfy king bed and a nice size closet and TV. The bathroom was great with a jacuzzi tub and just the right amount of counter space. The sheets on the bed were nice and clean and everything in the room looked and smelled clean and fresh.
The only problem that I occured was when we were checking out. Because we had checked in so late, the guy that was working was in the middle of an audit, so he just gave us the room key and told us that we could sign and present our card when we checked out the next morning. Well, when I arrived at the front desk to check out, the lady had given me a statement which showed the king suite with a rate of $169.00, which was double what the rate was that I reserved. When I questioned her about it, she told me that we had been put in the wrong room, and it was in fact, their error. She said that the manager was the only one who could refund my card for the difference, and he wouldn't be back in until Tuesday. (This was the Memorial Day weekend). So I was fine with her answer, and I took the manager's card so that I could check with him on Tuesday to make sure that he had been informed of the situation. When I called him on Tuesday morning, I got his voicemail, but left a message. He called me back in a very short amount of time and let me know that he had fixed the problem and also apologized. He had said that we had actually been upgraded to the suite, but since we had checked in so late, the person who was working the front desk wasn't aware, so he charged us the full amount for the suite. He immediately refunded the difference and even faxed me the paperwork showing the correction. I'm not telling this story to keep other travelers from staying here, but rather to show what a great staff this hotel has. I know that because our problem was handled in such a manner, that we will definitely return here when we are in the area again!

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank UGAFan0829
Dallas, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2006

I cancelled my reservation at the other Columbus Hampton Inn and checked in here. It was so much better! It is fairly new, so there is still some work to be done on the outside - but I just wanted a clean, comfortable and safe room for the night. They were very friendly.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business