“Nice La Quinta...GREAT Value!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus State University
Ranked #37 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 14 July 2008

This hotel has been renovated to reflect the new style of LaQuinta, and my family liked it. The furnishings were hip and trendy with wood laminate in the bathroom and entry as well as better than standard towels.

All common areas are nice and well-kept. The pool area is well-maintained and large. The staff is friendly.

The only blemish would be its location accross from a seedy package store and next door to a Super 8. However, the location is very convenient to the Interstate, nice mall and many restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 May 2008

This establishment was absolutely perfect for our trip to Georgia for my nephews graduation. The Staff are very, VERY helpful and polite, the rooms are very clean, quiet at night (no barking dogs and good insulation in the walls so you don't hear other guests).

They always had a fresh pot of coffee (reg and decaf) and hot water for tea available, which was important for me since I enjoy coffee! Nice big showers with excellent water pressure and coffee pots in the room (strangely enough I only used it once since there was always fresh coffee downstairs!).

The free continental breakfast was wonderful and offers fresh orange juice, waffles, fruits, yogurt, pastries, bagels, toaster and cereals. Much more than I had expected.

Overall, I would highly suggest this establishment to friends and family for a relaxed, comfortable stay in Columbus, Georgia.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 31 March 2008

You can't look at any of the older reviews, as it looks like the rooms have been completely redone. The design and comfort were similar to a 4 star hotel. I was so pleasantly surprised! We had an ergonomic chair at our desk, and extra pillows (2 soft, 2 firm, one round pillow) on each bed. The style was asian contemporary, very nice! Breakfast was good with waffles, sausage biscuits, eggs, and various danishes. Employees were helpful and friendly. I didn't have any problems during this stay. Neighborhood seemed safe enough, and hotel is conveniently located near hwy exit.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ih1dnk
Reviewed 5 December 2006

I was very pleased with this motel (now the LaQuinta, Columbus State University). It is definitely a 2-star motel, but the rooms have been recently renovated. and the staff was outstanding. Our beds were very comfortable (my family had two rooms), the A/C in both our rooms worked well, and the rooms were clean. The staff went out of their way to make sure folks in my group got the lowest rate possible. At this time there is no sign showing from the interstate, which made finding the motel a challenge, but there is a small sign directing you to it once you exit the interstate.

Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank JuneJane
A TripAdvisor Member
North Port, FL
Reviewed 25 June 2006

Adding to the prior review this place stunk. The elevator was broken, there were males hanging out front or inside with the desk clerks, and they were not guests, or employees, from my take. The continental breakfast stank. The hallways smelled of human and animal scent. I felt like I was lodging in a zoo.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Nokomis, FL
Reviewed 15 June 2006

We came there to see my son's 'turning blue' ceremony and his graduation. Firstly, it is difficult to find. The next treat was that when we finally found the place, there were several employees out front smoking cigararettes and yacking. I smoke myself, but the cloud and crowd out front struck me as a bar, not a hotel. The desk clerk told us that the elevator was broken, but would be fixed within the hour. We opted for the stairs (no choice), and found them at the extreme corner of the building and dark. Nobody hellped us at all. A guest finally saw our struggle and helped us. I admit the room was clean, but along the way to the room found handwritten notes like 'cats in room, do not come in, or 'Do not disturb' with kids yelling. from within. After we lugged up our luggage, we went out to eat. To returning, the desk clerk waved off her 'friend' from the counter. He was one of the guys I had prior thought was an employee. To reaching the lobby there were also several men hanging out front, smoking, and I wonder, guests? The next day the elevator was not fixed, and the continental breakfast offered was nasty, It gets better. When we returned later in the evening (May18th), the elevator was still not fixed, and the boys hanging out made no shame about the fact that they were hanging with the desk clerks. They were smoking outside, and inside they were flirting. It was awful. My sister and I had to pass by them and hear smart remarks. Guests? I don't think so, as I recognized one. I am not kidding. In the meantime, the kids were yelling from the 'Do Not Disturb Room' and we heard kids running up and down the halls on both nights. My Ex and his wife got so worried about the kids in the 'Do Not Disturb' room that the morning they checked out they called the police.
I booked the room through HotWire, and usually they are great. I have no problems with them. In fact I have booked some of the best rooms of my life through them. But I wonder that they know about this dump. I will be reporting it to them, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2005

Rooms are nice and clean, with the exception of the carpet, full of stains and kind of nasty-looking.
Service is very friendly. The old German lady in charge of breakfast is really lovely and makes sure that breakfast bar never gets empty.
A/C and hot water worked perfect.
The lobby area is too small and often seems too crowdy.
In spite of a large amount of single, young soldiers staying at the hotel, I did not hear any noises at night.
Close to everything.
Overall, this was a very good experience.

• Stayed: June 2005