La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus State University
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Opa-Locka, Florida
“Perfect!!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We stayed at this La Quinta location for 1 night while traveling back home after our vacation. Our hotel room looked like it had been recently renovated and was absolutely immaculate! We had our little dog with us and really appreciate the fact that La Quinta does not charge an additional pet fee. When we got to our room at about 10:00pm, there was very loud screaming and yelling from one of the rooms right next to ours and also directly across from ours. The young men in these rooms kept going in from one room to the other over and over again, each time slamming their doors. They were being extremely loud in both their rooms and out in the hall as well. The large mirror on our wall constantly shook. I have no clue what was going on in there. All the commotion was wigging our dog out too and she would not stop barking. I called the front desk within 30 minutes of arriving and the very nice young lady who checked us in IMMEDIATELY walked up to our floor and spoke to the people staying in those rooms. She told them that she had received a complaint from one of their other guests and that they would be asked to leave the property immediately if this behavior continued. She then came to our room and asked if we would like to be moved to a different room on a different floor. This is after she apologized over and over and assured me that La Quinta does not stand for this behavior from any of their guests. Once she walked us to our new room, she asked that I please bring down the keys to the first room when I had a chance,. When I went down to the lobby to do just that, there had been a shift change at 11:00pm and the man who was now there informed me that he had asked the people in all those rooms to leave their property. I felt a little bad that they had been asked to leave as this was not my intention. He then explained to me that La Quinta had zero tolerance for this kind of behavior. He further explained to me that they want to make sure that all their guests are nothing but happy with their stay at their hotel. Needless to say, I was VERY impressed. Do not hesitate to stay here. I highly recoomend it. You will be treated as you are a HIGHLY valued customer. Thank you La Quinta!

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank scott_ss

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 4 July 2009

The room was okay here, no microwave or refrigerator. The linens seemed cleaned. We were on the 2nd floor, even though I had requested the top floor...I guess no one looked at the request block of my reservation. The swimming pool is located across the parking lot, not like other LQ's where you can get to the area easily and safely. There were many dogs in this hotel and we could hear a group outside cursing and carrying on, not the best area for my 4 year old. I would not stay here or visit this area again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank funtravels001
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2008

If the trained dogs nose knows what new carpet smells like, Then thats a trained dog!!! Thats what you will get at this LQ, wonderful service, excellent housekeeping, NEW CARPET, which does tend to have its smell if anyone knows what BRAND NEW CARPET smells like. This Hotel is WONDERFUL!!! New up to date on everything and does not smell like dog urine. I have a pet and she is with me in my room and she didnt smell any other dogs in the room or her nose would have been glued to the floor. I live in hotels 300+ days a year due to my husbands job with NS Railroad, I leave truthful feedback!!! This hotel is EXCELLENT!!! Pets have their own spot to do in, and wonderful rooms.

• Liked — Freindlinest of the crew
  • Disliked — not much grass
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I travel a lot for business and usually stay at my location for about 2 weeks at a time. At first impression this hotel suited my needs and requirements. It didn't take me long to figure out what the awful smell was. The smell from the dogs was unbearable. It permeated through out the hotel. I will be traveling to that area again within the next month and will be looking for another hotel

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2008

This hotel has been renovated to reflect the new style of LaQuinta, and my family liked it. The furnishings were hip and trendy with wood laminate in the bathroom and entry as well as better than standard towels.

All common areas are nice and well-kept. The pool area is well-maintained and large. The staff is friendly.

The only blemish would be its location accross from a seedy package store and next door to a Super 8. However, the location is very convenient to the Interstate, nice mall and many restaurants.

• Liked — decor of room
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Oregon
Reviewed 5 May 2008

This establishment was absolutely perfect for our trip to Georgia for my nephews graduation. The Staff are very, VERY helpful and polite, the rooms are very clean, quiet at night (no barking dogs and good insulation in the walls so you don't hear other guests).

They always had a fresh pot of coffee (reg and decaf) and hot water for tea available, which was important for me since I enjoy coffee! Nice big showers with excellent water pressure and coffee pots in the room (strangely enough I only used it once since there was always fresh coffee downstairs!).

The free continental breakfast was wonderful and offers fresh orange juice, waffles, fruits, yogurt, pastries, bagels, toaster and cereals. Much more than I had expected.

Overall, I would highly suggest this establishment to friends and family for a relaxed, comfortable stay in Columbus, Georgia.

• Liked — Excellent Service, free wi-fi, easy access!
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2008

You can't look at any of the older reviews, as it looks like the rooms have been completely redone. The design and comfort were similar to a 4 star hotel. I was so pleasantly surprised! We had an ergonomic chair at our desk, and extra pillows (2 soft, 2 firm, one round pillow) on each bed. The style was asian contemporary, very nice! Breakfast was good with waffles, sausage biscuits, eggs, and various danishes. Employees were helpful and friendly. I didn't have any problems during this stay. Neighborhood seemed safe enough, and hotel is conveniently located near hwy exit.

• Liked — brand new room, contemporary furnishings
  • Disliked — pool was closed for the season
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family