“In town for a business meeting”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Birmingham, AL
“In town for a business meeting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I was in charge of arranging a business meeting in Columbus, and I called several locations around town for the best accommodations for the best rate. I reserved the meeting room and a guest room for 2 days/nights. The front desk staff was very courteous and cheery, even though I checking in at 10:00 pm. My guest room was very clean, and even though it was close to the elevator and there was a high school basketball tournament in town, there was very little noise. The meeting room was large enough to accommodate 35 people, and although it did get a little warm and musty with all those people, the hotel staff did a great job of welcoming everyone as they came in and pointing them in the right direction. I have already made my reservations for my next 2 meetings in town!

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jennifer M
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear 'Jennifer M' ... We are delighted to learn that you were fully satisfied in your decision to stay with us! We are honored that you chose us and very grateful for this review! We have a wonderful team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises. Please be sure to come back again soon as you will always be welcomed here! If you haven't already, please become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays. Happy travels to you! -Country Inn & Suites Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I had posted a review for the other Country Inn & Suites in Columbus, and I'm sure that's a very nice place, too, but I actually stayed at the Country Inn & Suites on Fountain Ct. in Columbus. It was one of the most pleasant experiences I've ever had at a hotel! Kalvin and Shannon were particularly helpful in guiding me through the reservation process (I'd never booked a hotel before; my hubby always did that), and they welcomed me as if we were old friends when I got there. The whole staff was pleasant and kind, the rooms, dining room, and grounds were clean, and the breakfast was delicious. There are fresh cookies and hot coffee or hot chocolate all day long, and we enjoyed that, too. When my son, who is in the Army at Ft. Benning got there, they thanked him for his sacrifice and spent time talking with him. I'm staying there again in early May and can't wait to catch up with everyone. Thank you!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear Suzzanne50:
WOW! What an honor to receive a “5*/Best Hotel in Columbus!” review! We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we are very grateful for your review! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating. We have a wonderful team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises! Thank you again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate YOU and we look forward to your next arrival in May! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Many Thanks & Happy Travels!
Tupelo, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites Columbus 2 times in March. Once, on the way to Orlando and the other on the way back home from Orlando. Both stays were fantastic, but on the way back, my daughter got sick that night. We called down to the front desk and they had fresh sheets, towels, and etc. at our door within 5 minutes. They showed genuine concern for us and made an unpleasant ailment much more bearable. The room on both occasions met our needs perfectly and was clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent in every facet. The breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear ‘doglovero1’ ... We are so encouraged and happy to receive your kind review! Thank you for sharing your experiences of our hotel and our team with us and our future guests! Please be sure to visit us again in the future, should your travels return you to Columbus, GA! Many thanks and happy travels, Country Inn & Suites Team
White, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

We had to stay over in Columbus Ga and had to get a room at the last minute. They were easy to work with and the room was very nice. We had no complaints about our stay. The room was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: very convenient to I185
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DowDow4ever
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear “DowDow4ever”
We are glad to learn that you found our hotel to be enjoyable! Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope that when your travels bring you back to Columbus, that we will again have the honor of accommodating you! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Thank you once again!
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

To the manager Zarina Cheves, Hi! I wanted to thank you and your staff for your magnanimous spirit in caring for us on our recent stay in your hotel. I unfortunately became ill from something I ate on the way down to Columbus and had a difficult night, but recovered by God's grace in time to do the funeral I came down to do. Hannah agreed to give us a delayed check-out time and then from your morning staff, Kitty agreed to our staying until I had to go to the funeral. As always they were very gracious and kind to us. It is great to stay with y'all because we are always remembered and cared for in a special way! It was good to get to speak with you before we left. I wanted to correspond my appreciation to you and your staff personally! We will never consider staying anywhere but in your property when in Columbus. Have a blessed week! Blessings, Brad Hicks

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dr Brad H
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Dear Dr. Brad H -
What an honor to receive a “5*/Fantastic Management and Staff” review! We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us! We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating. We have a wonderful team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises! THANK YOU again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate you and we look forward to your next arrival!
Many thanks & happy travels!
Indio, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Was our first time we stayed in a Country Inn & Suites, from the very begining upon arrivial the staff was very freindly has we found with rest of the staff their.(Misty and Shannon) are great to work with.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark J
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Mark J: We are so encouraged and happy to receive your kind review! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and our future guests! Misty and Shannon are wonderful assets to our team and we appreciate you sharing these specific praises. We appreciate you and we look forward to your next arrival! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays. Best wishes and happy travels! Country Inn & Suites Team
White Haven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

Was our first time we stayed in a Country Inn & Suites, from the very begining upon arrivial the staff was very freindly has we found with rest of the staff their. Property was clean, neat and quiet. Perfect location for us and lots of malls within 10 mile area. Breakfast was great each morning as to the freindly & helpful staff their. Would stay their again.

Room Tip: Found that all rooms are fine from walking property
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Keith W
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Keith W: We are so delighted to hear you had an enjoyable first stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review! Our staff is encouraged to know that they did their job well. We truly strive to be helpful to our guests and offer the utmost conveniences to all that we have the pleasure of accommodating! We hope that your travels return you to us again someday soon! Many thanks to you and happy travels! Country Inn & Suites Team