“Bringing Hospitality Back to the Industry”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My visit at this location has renewed my faith in the hospitality industry! I work in a the food service segment of the industry and it is very hard to impress me, but associates at this place went above and beyond to meet and exceed my expectations. I checked into the location and was greeted by a wonderful staff member, Marcus. From the moment I walked through the door I was met with a smile, quick and efficient service and put at ease. Marcus explained all the amenities offered, while multi-tasking to get my keys to the room. My room was well kept and I had no problems relaxing in the suite I purchased. I left out a few times and was always met with the same intensity and smile upon my return. Other guests were caught off guard and pleasantly surprised by his professionalism and approach but as an industry man, I told myself that's how you bring hospitality back to the industry. One guests at a time. Great job!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Kerry W:
We are so encouraged and happy to receive your kind review! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and our future guests! Marshall is a wonderful asset to our team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope that when your travels bring you back to Columbus, that we will again have the honor of accommodating you! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Best Wishes & Happy Travels! Country Inn & Suites Team

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Good service is the true value that segregates hotels from each other ; even within a franchised group. I have consistently received good service from CI&Ss across the nation. This reflects a strong core value that is permeated from the corporate level to the local establishments.

This particular location however, has exceeded all my expectations in anticipated service and proactively sought to fulfill all of my 'comfort' needs. The staff working 2nd shift on 7/11/2013 met me outside and asked if they could help me check in. Behind the desk stood Hannah; a personal 'savior' who single handedly turned my experience from content to elated.

Check-in was a breeze; putting me into my room within minutes after arriving. After un-packing, I began looking for food-delivery. She provided timely unbiased personal recommendations. When I needed to log onto the Internet, I was having issues logging into the WiFi (my laptop was the blame). Not having an extra patch cable, I was ready to head out to Walmart. But she scoured around to find an extra patch cable; just to save me the trip. Each time I left my room, one of the staff members was there to ask me if i needed anything.

I have stayed in great hotels with bad service, and I have stayed at bad hotels with great service. This particular location just happens to be a great hotel with great service. I will definitely be staying here in the future!

Scott Watkins
Chief Executive Officer - BRUMICON

Room Tip: The have Jacuzzi rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank BRUMICON
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Mr. Watkins,
Many thanks to you for your kind and thorough review of our hotel! We are so grateful that you chose to stay with us and that you took the time to share this raving review which is very helpful to future travelers and very encouraging to our team! Thank you for your compliments of Hannah! She is a wonderful asset to our team and she works diligently to earn reviews like yours. We appreciate YOU and we look forward to your next arrival! Please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Best Wishes & Happy Travels! Country Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Our team selected this hotel during our softball tourney and boy what a GREAT choice! The entire staff was extremely accommodating from our impromptu movie night to our early breakfast and late check-out needs. Friendly staff, clean rooms and amenities. We will certainly stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank L M
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear "L M" ..
Thank you for your visit and your review which is incredibly helpful to us and our future travelers! We cannot say THANK YOU enough! We are glad that you and the softball team enjoyed our amenities and our hotel. Thank you for your compliments of our team … we work diligently to earn reviews like yours! We look forward to your next visit with us!
Warmest Regards & Happy Travels, Country Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed along with ten other travel softball families. When the hotel learned that we had an early Sunday game, they graciously offered to serve breakfast an hour early (at 6am) rather than the customary 7am.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear “dirk b” .. We are so encouraged and happy to receive your kind review! Thank you for sharing your experiences of our hotel and our team with us and our future guests! Please be sure to visit us again in the future, should your travels return you to Columbus, GA!
Wishing you safe & happy travels – Country Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Im a business traveler and have stayed in various hotels in various cities. I have an excellent understanding on how the services of a hotel are delivered from daily operation to wireless internet services. I will say not all hotels perform as advertised. My stay for over 45 days here at the Country Inn in Suites, Columbus has been one of the best stays ever. As a business traveler internet services although advertised among hotels similarly, vary in their operation. The wireless internet service here is excellent. It is very fast!! I watch movies from HBO-GO over the internet service here with few interruptions. Your likely find none better. Kitty, Hannah, and Crystal at the front desk were pleasant, friendly, courteous, helpful, and timely in performing their duties. They made sure my stay was one of the best ever. As a business traveler there is nothing more annoying than poor internet service as hearing your neighbors through the wall or in the floor above. This was another benefit of staying here at the Country Inn and Suites. I almost never knew anyone was around even when the hotel was full. I felt like I was the only one here. So, if you like a very quiet well built Hotel, then this is your spot. Thirdly, within 1-2 mi of the hotel is every convenience to all the best restaurants in Columbus and well as shopping. Fourth, the hotel is located in the good part of town and near regularly police patrolled areas. Fifth, pool area is neat and clean. It was very well maintained. Lastly, patrons of the hotel have free unlimited access to MaxFitness, one of Columbus' premier fitness clubs, for those who would like more than the fitness environments normally provided in Hotel settings.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear James S:
What an honor to have you as our Loyal Guest .. thank you indeed! We are encouraged by your loyalty and your helpful and detailed review. Thank you for sharing your experiences of our hotel, our location, our fast internet service and our team! Thank you for your compliments of Kitty, Hannah and Chrystal! They are wonderful assets to our team and they work diligently to earn reviews like yours. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your return, when again, we will deliver the excellent products and services you deserve! Thank you for giving us 5*!
Best Wishes and Happy Travels! –Your Home Away From Home Team

Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights during a family member's graduation from fort benning. Room was nice, clean and spacious. Staff was courteous, helpful, and always very close to the front desk. They were always visible, unlike other places we stayed at later in our trip. Definitely recommend!!! Just skip the breakfast, it was gross.
Pool is open till 11pm for kids, midnight for adults. Our room was near the pool, but never heard any noises. Always quiet. A gas station near by has a good restaurant that delivers, also Marcos pizza will deliver and another steak house will deliver. Easy access from the interstate, but no noise from the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2013
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Natashag00: Thank you for your visit and your review which is incredibly helpful to us and our future guests! We cannot say THANK YOU enough! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed our pool, our hotel and the surrounding restaurants. Thank you for your compliments of our team .. we work diligently to earn reviews like yours! We look forward to your next visit with us! Warmest regards, Country Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stay at motels 2-3 times weekly and by far,this motel is one of the TOP OF THE LINE places to stay.If you want nice people clean rooms and great breakfast,this is the place to go when in Columbus,Ga or any Country Inn & suites.I cant brag enough on this motel,try it out and you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill L
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Loyal Guest "Bill L" .. What an honor to receive a “5*/Next To A Home Stay” review! It means so much to have you stay with us and to continue staying with us! We have a wonderful team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises! THANK YOU again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate you and we look forward to your next arrival! Many thanks & happy travels! Country Inn & Suites Team