“This is the only hotel I'll stay in when I visit my son in Ft. Benning!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus
Ranked #14 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is my third visit to the Country Inn and Suites this year, and it just gets better and better! I feel like I'm coming home to visit family. Calvin always makes sure that I couldn't possibly be more comfortable and happy with our room, Donna and Debbie make a great breakfast, Hannah, Kitty, and Korey can answer any question you might have, and ALL of them combined give the best suggestions for what to do when you're in Columbus. This is a military town, and they bend over backwards to make those who serve our Country feel right at home. I can't wait to come back!!

Room Tip: The rooms close to the pool and on the side facing the entrance are the best!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Suzzanne50
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Dear Loyal Guest Suzzanne50:
What an honor to have you as our loyal guest! We deeply value your feedback and we are so delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay .. which is exactly what you and every single guest deserves! Kalvin, Donna, Deborah, Hannah, Kitty and Cory are dedicated to your full satisfaction and we are elated to learn that you were fully satisfied. Thank you many times over for your kind words of gratitude and encouragement! We appreciate you and we look forward to your return, when again, we will deliver the excellent products and services you deserve!
Best Wishes!
Your Home Away From Home Team
Stay Connected .. find us on Twitter & Facebook!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

What a wonderful place! The purpose of this trip was to deliver our nephew to his new college.
After travelling fifteen hours, we got to Country Inn & Suites earlier than check-in time. No questions asked, Kitty checked us in, shared maps of the area with us, and told us to go and relax. The other staff members were just as helpful and friendly ... Donna (breakfast worker), Hannah & Corey (front desk) ... no matter what was needed (extra pillow, shampoo, envelope, additional directions) they were there "in a heartbeat." We enjoyed the cleanliness of our room as well as the hotel, the friendliness of the staff, the clean outdoor pool, endless coffee and cookies in the lobby, and the GREAT warm breakfasts (along with the nice morning conversations with the ladies who prepare the breakfast station). This staff changed what could have been a hectic experience into a smooth enjoyable one. When we return to the Columbus area, and we will, Country Inn & Suites Columbus will be the only place we'll stay! Thanks for the wonderful experience!

Room Tip: When I booked our room, I clearly stated our needs. Everything was in place upon arrival.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Peggy C - Thank you for your visit and your review which is incredibly helpful to us and our future guests! We cannot say THANK YOU enough! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our clean outdoor pool, our endless cookies and coffee, our great warm breakfast, our clean guest room and hotel and most of all, the morning conversations with Donna and Deborah! Thank you for your compliments of our team. Kitty, Hannah, Donna, Deborah and Cory are wonderful assets and they work diligently to earn reviews like yours. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your return, when again, we will deliver the excellent products and services you deserve! Thank you again for giving us a “5*/Felt Like Home! review!
Warmest regards, Country Inn & Suites Team
Stay Connected .. Find us on Twitter & Facebook!

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for the past several months as I travel with my job. It has always been very neat and clean. All of the hotel personnel is all so friendly. Their breakfast is great......with a variety of breakfast foods to choose from. And the ladies that work the breakfast do a great job keeping everything filled.
Just last week, one of my rental car's tires were low on air and the evening shift front desk girl, Hannah had a tire gauge and she checked the tire for me and let me use it to go down the street to the gas station and I filled my tire back up with air. Now that is great customer service. :-)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear ‘140Ann’ - THANK YOU for a “5*/Excellent Customer Service” review! What an honor to have you as our loyal guest! We are so encouraged by your loyalty and your helpful review. Thank you for your compliments of Hannah! She is a wonderful asset to our team and she works diligently to earn reviews like yours. Thank you again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate YOU and we look forward to your next arrival.
Happy Travels & Best Wishes!
Country Inn & Suites Team
Stay Connected - find us on Twitter & Facebook!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I brought 16 people to the hotel in late July /early August and 11 of them are visually impaired. The staff made us feel at home. They helped us every morning with breakfast. They knew me by name. I was greeted with a handshake by the manager. Every member of the front desk was happy to help us and always had a smile. They let us borrow scissors for the week. they always had a fresh batch of Chocolate chip cookies for us and even made them at our request when the Inventory went low. When we needed a place to meet, they made the breakfast room available to us multiple nights through the week. Calvin, Hannah, Corey and the rest of the gang were flat out awesome. The place was clean and all 16 of us would come back if we ever make it back to Columbus. Don't think twice about staying here. Southern hospitality with a smile.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Rob W: Many thanks to you for your kind and thorough review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that y’all enjoyed the delicious cookies, breakfast and our southern hospitality! Thank you for your compliments of Kalvin, Hannah and Cory. They are wonderful assets to our team and they work diligently to earn reviews like yours! Thank you again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our future guests. We appreciate y’all and we hope to see y’all again when your travels bring you back to Columbus, GA!
Many Thanks & Happy Travels! Country Inn & Suites Team
Stay Connected - find us on Twitter & Facebook!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our daughter was deploying fron Fort Benning so we traveled to Columbus to see her off. We always stay at a Country Inn and Suites when we travel but booked a different hotel closer to the main gate at first. We then got an email from Carlson offering a sweet deal with a minimum stay at some of their properties. We chose the Fountain Court location and as it turned out it was closer to where our daughter was staying. So that was the first good thing.
We were greeted by a lovely girl at the front desk whose name I unfortunately do not remember. She was pleasant and fast. We had requested at the time of booking to be away from the "smoking" rooms and we were given just that. We were on the first floor, pool side area. We never once smelled smoke inside or out. The room was fairly typical of a Country Inn and Suites hotel. Not too big and not too small. Spotless and COOL. It was HOT in Columbus and the AC worked just fine. The bathroom was clean and there were plenty of towels. If I had to complain, it would be that it was kind of dark in the bathroom. Brighter bulbs or just different lighting all together perhaps. And best of all? It was quiet! A HUGE deal for us. We never heard any noise.
The pool area was clean with plenty of seating. We had to ask for pool towels but they were immediately brought out. We enjoyed a couple quiet hours there on Friday afternoon. Saturday the pool was taken over by a baseball team both times we were going to go out. Not a huge deal as they were guests also but too noisy for us.
We only ate breakfast once and it was quite good. I had a waffle (which Donna graciously helped me with) and it was delish. The breakfast area was very clean and well stocked. Donna pointed out several of the ites offered. She was great. :-)
We have never been disppointed by any Country Inn and Suites porperty we have stayed at and this one was no different.
Plenty of parking. Easy to get to off I85. Not far from Fort Benning. Everything you need in a hotel in Columbus.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoriandJoe
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear 'LoriandJoe' -
We are so encouraged and happy to receive your detailed review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the delicious waffle made by Donna, our southern hospitality, outdoor pool and convenience of our hotel to Fort Benning! Thank you for your compliments of Donna .. she is a wonderful asset to our team and she works diligently to earn reviews like yours! Thank you again for sharing your encouraging review with us and our potential guests. We appreciate YOU and we look forward to your return, when again, we will deliver the excellent products and services you deserve! If you haven't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Happy Travels!
Country Inn & Suites Team
Stay Connected .. Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I generally have not had any issues with the Country Inn and Suites properties but this property I would stay away from.
Check in was smooth buy impersonal, no information given on when breakfast was served or the internet code.
Got into the room (which was an upgrade at not extra cost but again was not told that) and the room smelled of cleaning products. Also the rooms are dated.
Noisy on the second floor near the stairs and did not sleep well at all due to noise and smell.

Went down to breakfast and tried to dish out scrambled eggs, but they were green. That was the final straw. Do yourself a favor and do not even consider this property as the price I paid was terrible for what I got in return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank wilkel54
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear “wilkel54”
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, as it helps to direct us to the areas in need of attention and refreshment. We do also thank you for giving our hotel the honor of your visit and we do sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. Please know we care deeply about your experience and we invite you to contact the hotel directly to work towards a solution together, should there be an opportunity to assist you again in the future. As Trip Advisor offers confidentiality, we are limited as to what information we can research about your stay. That said, we do understand that every guest is different and each has different preferences and needs. We do strive with all of our best efforts to offer our utmost to each and every one of our guests. Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconveniences.
Yours in Service,
cx_clbs@countryinns.com

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My visit at this location has renewed my faith in the hospitality industry! I work in a the food service segment of the industry and it is very hard to impress me, but associates at this place went above and beyond to meet and exceed my expectations. I checked into the location and was greeted by a wonderful staff member, Marcus. From the moment I walked through the door I was met with a smile, quick and efficient service and put at ease. Marcus explained all the amenities offered, while multi-tasking to get my keys to the room. My room was well kept and I had no problems relaxing in the suite I purchased. I left out a few times and was always met with the same intensity and smile upon my return. Other guests were caught off guard and pleasantly surprised by his professionalism and approach but as an industry man, I told myself that's how you bring hospitality back to the industry. One guests at a time. Great job!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
CISManagementTeam, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Kerry W:
We are so encouraged and happy to receive your kind review! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and our future guests! Marshall is a wonderful asset to our team and I appreciate you sharing these specific praises. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope that when your travels bring you back to Columbus, that we will again have the honor of accommodating you! If you didn't already, please be sure you become a Club Carlson Member to earn points towards future stays.
Best Wishes & Happy Travels! Country Inn & Suites Team
Stay Connected .. Find us on Facebook & Twitter!