“Great Stay”

Extended Stay America Columbus 1721
Ranked #41 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Its clean and well kept, all the staff from Ken and Centia, Jocelyn, Michael to mention a few, and the housekeeper, all were great and very helpful. I cant complain about anything they had control over. Its a pity other guests cant abide by the rules and make life hard for the staff. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wendy M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America Columbus 1721, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Wendy - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your clean room and the service our staff provided, especially Ken, Centia, Jocelyn, and Michael. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and it would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Tried to check in at about 10:45 the young lady at the desk told me that she didn't have any rooms yet that it would be a while and anyway check in is not til 3 so I came back at 12 and Jocelyn ask me if she could help me so I told her that I had a reservation and she asked for my name and that's when the young lady that I dealt with earlier said I told her it was going to be a while needless to say Jocelyn took care of me and put me in a room.I couldn't get the window down in the room went to turn the heat on and the knob and everything else fell off .

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank georigapeach46
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Excellent and efficient staff, very clean and great location. Near shopping, great restaurants and easy to get to and from this location. It is well lit and otherwise a very secure location for families. If you are looking for fancy furniture and room service, this is not for you. Best security and location for the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the kitchen facilities with the full size fridge were very handy. It was an adequate space for the reasonable price I paid ($58 a night). The staff that I interacted with, however, aside from just one person were all uninterested, distracted, lazy and generally ignored the guests they encountered. Having worked in the Hospitality Industry for over 5 years, I was a little dismayed at the lack of professionalism.

Room Tip: Does not have a restaurant or pool, so I picked "Average" as their rating. There wasn'...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristin P
Reviewed 5 October 2013

One of the staff (Jocelyn) was helpful and friendly. Others preoccupied and did not rush to acknowledge guest standing at the desk. Grab and go breakfast very slack and minimal, but the price of the stay reflected that. Good cleanliness, easy access, spacious room with kitchen, all needed items are present, bed was very good, my requests were met, several light bulbs not working, VERY quiet, the price is right, I would stay again when shopping for a low cost motel in Columbus, but would pick a pricier hotel when accompanied by another person or desirous of a nicer stay. All in all, I will probably stay here again when ultimate amenities are important. This hotel is rather secluded and quiet.

Room Tip: I was very happy to be on the top floor with a view of my parked car. I like window curtains open, b...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank budtillery
Reviewed 20 August 2013

So not worth the money we spent. Did not receive ANY room service because we did not stay there for over a week. The second night we were there we did not receive clean towels until 9 pm that night. Any issues we had we were treated very rudely by the attendants. The breakfast, which they call a grab and go breakfast was a joke. However, I did talk to upper management and they are making arrangements to make up for my horrible experience there. I am giving them one more try, on them of course, on my upcoming stay in Nashville. But my advice would be to spend a few dollars more and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Do your research. Definitely NOT worth the price.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sunshine M
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Made reservations on the phone. When we arrived,we were told they had no nonsmoking rooms nor no king size beds! That's what we made the reservation for!!! Then we were told it was our fault because of late check-in. As I told them...we didn't make the reservation till after 6pm to begin with how could we be here by 6? After 45minutes we were put in a non smoking queen (more like a full size bed) that was very old and musty. It was one of their extended stay rooms and not well tsken care of. The ac fan does not have an off switch and will run loudly all night. People up and down the halls all night. Bad stay.bad cleanliness. Bad friendliness. Will never use their chain again.

• Stayed: April 2013