“We enjoyed our visit. The rates were reasonable. One room...”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbus / Fort Benning
Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Columbus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The hotel is about 8 miles (20 mins) from the base. It was exceptionally clean, our rooms were very nicely decorated. They were big rooms and came with coffee makers and refrigerators, and an in room safe. The hotel staff were very accommodating and they would come back to clean our room if we weren't ready when they came by the first time. There is a small exercise room, and spa that can be used year round, and a nice pool with lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas and chairs. We saw several family/groups enjoying the pool area and eating pizza and food they brought in their picnic. The hotel was fine with that. I also saw the pool being cleaned every morning and the water tested and chlorine added daily if needed.Free daily newspapers and free parking on the premises were also nice. There are vending machines and ice machine available on all the floors and elevators to assist with luggage, wheelchairs, etc. The breakfast was fine. They had juice, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate, yogurt, oatmeal, make your own waffles, bagels, and toast. They also had cold cereal and hot food like eggs with either turkey bacon or sausage or reg. bacon or sausage. One day would be bacon the next day would be sausage but turkey and regular choices were both offered daily. The eggs were scrambled and were perfectly round but they tasted good. I liked our stay there and met other parents visiting relatives at Ft. Benning. If we go back to Columbus GA, I would stay here again. Their rates are very good for all you receive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I travel to Columbus quite frequently with the Miss Georgia organization. For years, I stayed at the wyndham garden (I am a wyndham fan and love their rewards program), but have seen a decline in service and the prices have only gone up. I decided to try the wingate, and am glad I did. The location is great, close to shopping and several restaurants, and is in close proximity to both veterans pkwy and 185. The first thing I noticed was how clean the main areas were, including spotless hallways. The room, however, had a few cosmetic issues like scuffs on walls that could be cleaned a little better, but nothing that made me not want to come back. The room was nice and spacious, and I liked the amenities provided. The staff was also great. The biggest issue I had was the smell in the elevators. It was far from pleasant. Also, it was not real quiet during the day. the hotel was full during my stay, but it was with what seemed to be army grads and their families. I personally didnt mind the noise, especially knowing that they were just excited families being reunited with their soldiers, but I know that would not appeal to others. Parking was also sufficient as opposed to the wyndham garden. I did not use the pool, but did get a glimpse and it looked rather inviting with nice lounge furniture for those wanting to relax. Definitely will be staying here on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2014