“Very Nice”

Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Boca Raton, Florida
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Stayed overnight during some travelling and found the hotel to be very nice. It is located near several dining spots and convenient stores. I did request an early check-in and high floor when I made the reservation and these were not a problem. The rooms are very quiet but the TVs are old. Also the breakfast area is rather small but adequate and this Marriott property does not the convenient Market that others have - just a couple of vending machines. For that reason I would not stay at a Farfield Inn but it is right next door to a Marriott Town Place.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room. they are far from the elevator but have good views and are very quite.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank greg052

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 29 December 2010

Stayed 3 nights with 10 & 12 year old. Indoor pool and jacuzzi provided entertainment when freezing temperatures were outside. Centrally located to everything and major thoroughfares. Very accommodating customer service during afternoon and evening. Morning customer service rep seemed to just do her job without a lot of personality but was still accommodating. Large parking areas well lit. Warm lobby and dining area that we used to bring in dinner. Comparable rate for area. Check out old town - beautiful walkway along the river. CocaCola Space Museum is also good for kids.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Realaloha
north carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2010

My daughter and I stayed here for a friend's graduation from Ranger School. We checked in at 10:15pm and Renee, the night clerk, was most pleasant. Our room was clean and the beds were a dream to sleep in. We thought we were leaving the next day, and checked out of the hotel. But we later decided to spend another night. Again, Renee was on duty and all smiles. After a late check in again, I realized there were only two towles in the bathroom. I called the front desk to request two more, and Renee brought them right up. The continental breakfast is great too as well as sevice there. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank hokieappmom
Fort Washington, Maryland
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Three weeks in advance, I had made resavations for a handicap rm., & three others. All rms. were comfirmed! After driving over 700 miles and arriving I was told that the handicap rm. was given to someone else. Since this was such a disregard I was assured that it would be available on the next day . It was futher stated that my rm. would be rebated for the first night. At the conclusion of my 3-day stay I was still billed for that first night stay. The checkout lady informed me that someone denied the rebated and she didn't have the authority do anything. No one ever informed me that the rebate was denied and I was there for 3-days! So in trying to correct the matter I wasted 30mintues of road time, and was tatolly embarrassed! Please understand that I too am an employee of Marriott in MD, and have been for over 10yrs.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank melvin32
fiscolumbus, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this review, 7 July 2010
It is always our goal here at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Columbus, GA to provide the highest quality of service for our guests. In this particular case the hotel was at full occupancy and yes the accessible room was not available at check in. The General Manager did try to accomidate the guest by relocating to our sister property directly behind us for an accessible room at no charge for the guest. The guest denied this request and stated that they could go one night in a non accessible room. The guest had four rooms under the Marriott associate rate for two nights. The General Manager rebated one night room and tax for the inconvience this may of caused him. The Fairfield Inn and Suites always strives to make our guests comfortable and content each and every stay. The General Manager is truly sorry for the misunderstanding and feels that the guest was compensated for any inconvience this has caused.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2010

We stayed here over memorial day weekend for a soccer tournament. Staff was very helpful and professional. Helped us find activities and restaurants that could handle our group. Rooms comfortable. Breakfast was a hit with our team (15 year olds) and the hotel graciously accomodated our early game by having breakfast ready at 5:30 a.m.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sarah7777
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Just came back a few weeks ago for our sons 'Family Day' there at Ft. Benning. The hotel was really good, not wonderful but really good! The breakfast was good. Their indoor pool/jacuzzi is the only one in town. Towels were sometimes there (just need to ask front desk if they are not). They had a computer to go on. Rooms were clean and the bed was wonderful! Also fast check-in and out.

The few bads things are: If you get the front, the sun will shine in your eyes for their blinds do not close. Their pool was freezing, so much so that even I would hardly get in. The jacuzzi gets hot later in the day, otherwise it's warm and the bubbles are not that great. The TV isn't that great either.

I did enjoy this Marriott but for the money I am going to the LaQunita Inn & Suites at Columbus State College for half the price for 'Graduation Day'.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Serenity77
Rahway, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Our family of 8 travelled to Columbus for my son's graduation at Fort Benning. Our rooms were spacious even with a roll away bed my youngest was able to run around. The beds are so comfortable too! The indoor pool was great for my mom and son, they used it every day.

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. I would also like to say that our maid service, Dolores and Jane, are two really great people. I believe its the Southern Hospitality thing because never have I stayed somewhere for less than a week and actually got to know the staff and their names!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family