“Great hotel when visiting Fort Benning”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Columbus
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed 12 October 2009

The hotel staff was very friendly. We arrived at 11pm and they were very friendly and accommodating. Our room was very clean and the mattress was the most comfortable I have ever slept on!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dgazda

Reviewed 30 July 2009

We took our 3Grandsons on a mini vacation and spent the night here. The room we got was great for the boys. It had a sleeper sofa and they had dropped off a roller away bed. That got tight but with a little moving of furniture it worked. The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. The pool was there to help with the extra energy the boys had. Every thing was clean and well maintained. They also have a breakfast buffet at no cost. That helped alot.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank grannydory
Reviewed 20 January 2009

It may had been a good stay if I actually could sleep here. We stayed in room 109 on the 17th of January and it seemed to be a nice hotel. Well maintained, indoor pool & hot tub, easy access to the interstate and close to the mall. The beds were sort of hard, but I can look past that for a night. My kids and husband were watching television when I went to sleep. I was woke up by a knocking sound around one in the morning. I really thought someone was knocking on the door, but the sound was way to close to the bed for that. It was coming from the wall. The only thing next to us was the laundry room, so I thought it was a rinse cycle and tried to go back to sleep. No, it was not coming from the laundry room. I finally had to get up and see for myself. I found an associate who said it was probably the machinery from the pool that was making a rucus and if I wanted to change rooms, I told her we were leaving and that wouldn't bring any of my lost sleep back! She said she would add 500 reward points to my account...Well, whooop deee doo! How's that for customer service? This was my first and last experience at the Fairfield, in any town. I usually stay at the holiday inn chains for rewards points, but since there was an indoor pool, i decided to stay here for the kids. Then, to top it all off, when I checked out and told the two ladies at the desk at that time about it, one of them was aware of the noise and said other people had complained about it and demanded to move. Why on earth would they book people in there??? The hotel was not full! They should permanently shut this room off or lower the price to $20 a night instead of $92!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Tosham
Reviewed 13 May 2008

Had a very nice stay here. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I asked for a rollaway bed and a crib and received both within 10 minutes. Breakfast had plenty of choices. Frozen Bacon/Egg/Cheese and Sausage biscuits, Grits, Waffles and plenty of pastries and breads. Not much fruit though. Three different kinds of coffee (I recommend the Dark). Room was clean and had plenty of space. The only complaint I have is that the shower head was not high enough for me so I had to crouch down to wash my hair. If you're taller than 6 feet, you'll have to as well. But this was no big deal. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank CruisnAddict
Reviewed 6 February 2008

Stayed here with wife and 2 teenage kids for a family wedding. Rooms are decent size, and location is convenient to most activities in Columbus. Nice breakfast area with free modified continental breakfast. Kids like the small pool as well. Rooms are clean, quiet and staff is good.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2007

My family & I stayed at the Fairfield from Mar 9-12, 2007. We reserved 3 rooms...2 doubles and 1 Jr. suite. All 3 rooms were very clean and very comfortable. One of the better hotels in Columbus (Macon Rd area). Great service from the front desk & cleaning staff and they offer a nice continental breakfast. We have family in the area and used to stay at La Quinta or Best Western on Macon Road...both of which have really gone down hill. It's a standard Marriot hotel and we will definitey stay at the Fairfield again.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank crobertson00
Reviewed 28 January 2007

I don't have much that's different to add to the other positive reviews, except that the beds were very comfortable and came with four pillows of different types. It was nice to have a choice. The room was very quiet.

The Continental breakfast included bagels, muffins, cold cereal, make-it-yourself waffles, apples, juices from a dispenser, coffee, and a Bigelow tea selection.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2007