“Miss the mark on the room”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersBronze level
Alexandria, United States
“Miss the mark on the room”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Hotel is clean, safe, and modern. Breakfast is included, which was not displayed on the website. Reserved a larger room with 2 queen beds and 1 pullout sofa. When we showed up, the hotel had overbooked and given our room to someone else. We ended up getting a 1 king sized bed and one couch. Was OK this time, I only had a total of 5. Next timez++

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dickson, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Home2 Suites is a nice hotel, large rooms. Normally quiet, relaxing envirnoment. Love the fire pit outside. Lobby is open and large enough for several tables. I like the bar area to charge my laptop. It is in a good location, can even get out and walk some in the evenings.

Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Staff and Management went above and beyond the call of duty when we had to change hotels and needed a room immediately. The hotel only had a smoking room available and the staff did extra cleaning and services to accommodate us because we are non-smokers.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Columbus, United States
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The room was nice and fresh. The breakfast was great, and the gym was nice also. It was a full hotel, but my room was still very quiet. Location was great--in the middle of everything. Grace was outstanding!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

dallas, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

While the figurative facade of the hotel is attractive, its employees leave much to be desired. The stay would have been one of my top five if not for poor service. One of the front desk girls was cursing on the phone yelling profanities and calling her managers nasty names. The cleaning staff was adequate, and the gym was tiny. Breakfast was a joke compared with their advertisements of it... I just cant get over how such a nice facility can be so easily ruined by ill repute staff.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

This hotel utilizes recycling, and all aspects are environmentally sound, which is a plus for me. The only hotel I stayed in similarly was in Alaska and Washington State. I was impressed to find this here in Georgia. Also, the beds are extremely comfortable, and the food is nutritious and well-balanced...no sausage, grits, etc. The work-out room has high-quality, new equipment, and everything works efficiently. The rooms are ergonomic, which is neat, and staff is friendly. The only problem is the noise and the fact that the hotel seems to over-book....made reservations a week ahead of time, and on arrival was told I had to go to another hotel...while they paid for the hotel, which was cordial, it bothers me that I made advance reservations, and I then lost one night. What is the point, then, of making reservations?

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rachel L, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay but I hate your reservation was not here for you on your first night. Just like the airlines the hotel will overbook. It's a horrible feeling when we do have to walk a guest to another property. We will always pay for that night but, I understand the frustrations of not having the original room you wanted.

I am happy to hear though that you returned the next night and you ejoyed the hotel. On your next trip to Columbus feel free to call me directly and I will ensure that does not happen in the future.

Again, I thank you for your feed back.

Rachel LaMar
Alpharetta, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband & I were visiting our home town - Columbus, Ga and wanted a NICE place to stay for 1 night. We LOVED this hotel & will definitely be staying the next time we visit. The hotel was very clean, nicely decorated, room was spacious, staff was courteous - we have no complaints. I loved all the amenities. Just great!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Tanesha,

I just read your review and we are so happy you loved the hotel. We love it so we are happy when guest share their excitment with us. I wanted to thank you for your awesome review and we look forward to having you as our guest on your next trip back home.

Have a wonderful day!