“Very noisey, its like being in a big warehouse, small pool”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus
Ranked #5 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Very noisey, its like being in a big warehouse, small pool”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Its like being in a big warhouse you hear everything reguardless where your at. During the dsy the staff is loud. Try to relax by pool but a staff lady blonde kept coming out and being loud and instead closing gate quietly slammed. Staff using business center , im coming back to columbus. Ga this next week glad my company put me somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014
Rachel L, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. . We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience.

Rachel LaMar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Newnan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We wanted a night out in Columbus and were disappointed when the Garden Inn was full. We were referred to the Home2 and what a pleasant surprise. The property was very clean and quiet. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. If you have not had the opportunity to try Home2, I think you will agree with me. Bob

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Bob,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your experience here at Home2. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I will be happy to share your feedback with our other staff members. We hope to see you agian!

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Great hotel and location as well as amenities-including small pool. Staff was overwhelmed on a busy weekend (understandably due to graduations, reunions, holiday, soccer tournaments, etc.), so complimentary breakfast and assistance seemed to have disappeared before we arrived... Very nice otherwise.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel. I am happy to hear you liked the location and our amenities. I apologize for the busy weekend but, glad you did enjoy your stay. We hope you will come back and see us on your next trip to Columbus!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stay in hotels maybe 2-3 times per year...not a whole bunch BUT my experience at Home2 was amazing!!!...by far the best I've ever had. Rachael and Grace and all the staff were terrific beyond helpful. I will always look for a Home2 anytime I need to stay away from home. BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

I wanted to tell you thank you for such an awesome review on our hotel and staff. I am so glad to hear you were very happy with your stay and wanted to say thank you for taking the time out to write a review on your experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

O'Fallon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff were helpful. The continental breakfast was good for a quick breakfast. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Would stay here again. The other accommodations were excellent. The use of the computers and internet service were very good. The pool and area around the pool was very good. The staff were accommodating and delivered the appropriate service. We were on a family outing and everyone was pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is in a very good area; good for shopping, restrauants and centrally located for us.

Dear Ms. Rosalyn,

I was reading your review and I just wanted to reach out and tell you thank you for taking your time out to do so. I will be sure to share your feedback with the other staff members during our morning huddle. I know it will bring smiles to their faces. Please come back and see us on your next trip to Columbus!

Pasadena, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Clean, but bad service, cardboard breakfast options, and worth a second mention, bad service. Front desk is empty 70% of the time. And when I ran out of toilet paper no one even answered the phone. A colleague checked out after the first week. Visit Ft Benning a few times a year, will be staying at a different Hilton property. They need to work on training the front desk workers, and the cleaning staff...for the same rate, there are a lot better options.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms near or below the smoking rooms on the 4th floor, smoke smell is horrible.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Rachel L, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Columbus, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Loganville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

When I booked this room I had never heard of the Home2 Suites by Hilton but since I'm a fan of Hilton I said what the heck. Boy oh boy I had no idea this would be the best stay of the year.

Positives:
1. Very clean
2. Professional and courteous staff
3. Nice, sleek, modern decor
4. Huge "true" HD television
5. Plenty of lighting
6. NIce sitting area in the room along with nice size refrigeratior and microwave
7. Great location - near stores, restaurants, enterntainment, etc.
8. Nice sitting area with fire pit outside of the hotel.
9. Plenty of parking
10. Last but not least very reasonably priced!!

Negatives:

I really can't think of anything negative to report!!! However, I would suggest adding a little more to the breakfast choices. That's it.

If you are traveling to the Columbus area, the Home2 Suites by Hilton is the way to go.

Again, this was my best stay in MAY :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank naturalbronzeQT
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review on our hotel. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed many of our amenities. I will be sure to share your feed back with our other team members. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Columbus!