“Best Place to stay near Fort Benning!”

Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
LONG BEACH
“Best Place to stay near Fort Benning!”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I recently traveled to Fort Benning for my son's Airborne Graduation, and highly recommend this hotel! I started out at a hotel on Victory Drive, but did not feel safe. This brand new Hampton is located just outside the Ft. Benning gate, adjacent to the Infantry Museum and Fyfe and Drum restaurant. It is clean, safe, and beautiful, and the staff is exceptional and full of Southern hospitality! From the moment I stepped into the property I knew I had made the right choice. Free coffee 24/7, free, hot breakfast, business center, fitness center, pool, clean rooms and linens, and an exceptional staff make this the only place I will stay next time I'm back at Fort Benning. Do yourself a favor, stay here!!

Room Tip: The King Suite is great for a family trip.
6 Thank JanAboutTown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
southern california
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The location to Ft Benning can't get any better. Staff was very helpful. Room was great. The breakfast was very good. The national Infantry Museum was across the very large parking lot. The Hampton Inn is very easy to find from the highway

4 Thank nomad1957
Cindy M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for your comments about our property. we truely love to see everyone come to these graduations . We feel just as proud of these graduates as the families do.
Howey in the Hills, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2013

When making my reservation I used my HiltonHonors Points for one night. I needed to make a reservation for 3 nights. I messed up and only made a reservation for 2 nights and did not realized this until I checked in. The night I needed was sold out but the manager told me not to worry she would do everything to get me a room. She made sure that I was on the list for any cancellations which did happen and immediately contacted me. I really can't express how pleased I am with the entire staff at this hotel. I will be back in 12 weeks and know my experience will be the same because they care!!!

Room Tip: I had a room by the elevator and did not hear a thing!! That means alot to me.
4 Thank Patty O
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This was a very nice place. Recently opened, so still smell the new carpet and paint. Very nice lobby and rooms, and great staff. Even had a basket of small toys that my three year old was able to choose something at check in.

5 Thank mciufalo
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My mom, sister and I stayed at this Hampton Inn on March 22nd and 23rd during a grief conference for fallen heros in the military. The staff was kind, helpful, and professional. Way to go Paige and Cindy! We stayed in the Queen non-smoking room. The room is very spacious, even for three adults. The bathroom looks like something out of a gallery of homes magazine. The bathroom is spacious. The sink is made of marble, and it has a large area underneath where you can store toiletries, etc. The showers are roomy and the shower curtain does not move near you once you turn the shower on! Hooray! I hate how hotel shower curtains fill with air and move inwards near your wet skin while you are taking a shower. That is the grossest feeling! The beds are firm, but not so firm that you can't fall asleep. The pillows are made from goose feathers and they are thick enough. The top of the mattress seems to be made of gel or memory foam. The sheets and comforters are crisp and white. They look like they have been starched and pressed.
They serve coffee, and they provide tea bags all day. Last, but certainly not least, the hot breakfast was great! They served everything that you would expect for a southern breakfast (except for bacon). They even had home-style potatoes which is usually served for breakfast in northern states. The hotel is less than a mile from the Fort Benning gate. The hotel is also next to the National Infantry Museum and the IMAX theater. This is a beautiful hotel! I would stay here again. Keep in mind that there are two addresses for the same hotel: South Lumpkin Road, and Legacy Way.

I want to give special consideration to a young lady who is part of the dining staff. I did not get her name, but I remember her kind words of condolence to my sister and I on the loss of our loved one, Major Paul Anthony Bradley. She said that her husband is stationed in the Army. If one of the managers read this, tell her thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
9 Thank dst30712
Central Islip, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2013

There is no better place to stay when you come to visit fort Benning or the National infantry museum. well appointed rooms great staff,high test coffee 24/7 slept like a babe every nite A perfect airborne meeting location short walk to the infantry unit memorials Will book this inn whenever we come to visit the NIM or the fort Benning area

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank herdpx
Here at our property we are exited to have the chance to make the 173rd group stay the best it can possibly be . We enjoyed having you stay with us and we look forward to your group coming back next year.
Smithsburg
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I originally had another hotel reserved but found out about this hotel. It is within walking distance to the National Infantry Museum which was nice. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great with many options to choose from. We booked rooms again for graduation coming up and would recommend this hotel. The only suggestion I would have is that if you have a soldier out on family pass who will not be with family and no transportation, they will have to take a taxi to the areas with all the restaurants and entertainment.

• Stayed March 2013