“great hotel stay for airborne graduation”

Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
“great hotel stay for airborne graduation”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Sharon in reception did a fantastic job helping me make reservations by phone, definitely making sure I selected the BEST rate. The hotel is beautiful and the breakfast was excellent. Highly recommend this hotel to family and friends attending family weekend or graduation at Fort Benning! BTW-A personal PS to Sharon...She said YES!!! ;-)

6 Thank Eab609

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Lake Shastina, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This hotel is one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels I have stayed in over the last few years. The beds were comfortable, bedding clean and fresh, the rooms were odor free. ALL staff was welcoming and helpful. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

5 Thank Cindy M
Cindy M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus/South-Fort Benning, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Thank you for your great comments about the property and my staff members. We want you to feel like you just walked into your second home. Please come stay with us again when your traveling to Columbus Ga.
LONG BEACH
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I recently traveled to Fort Benning for my son's Airborne Graduation, and highly recommend this hotel! I started out at a hotel on Victory Drive, but did not feel safe. This brand new Hampton is located just outside the Ft. Benning gate, adjacent to the Infantry Museum and Fyfe and Drum restaurant. It is clean, safe, and beautiful, and the staff is exceptional and full of Southern hospitality! From the moment I stepped into the property I knew I had made the right choice. Free coffee 24/7, free, hot breakfast, business center, fitness center, pool, clean rooms and linens, and an exceptional staff make this the only place I will stay next time I'm back at Fort Benning. Do yourself a favor, stay here!!

Room Tip: The King Suite is great for a family trip.
6 Thank JanAboutTown
southern california
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The location to Ft Benning can't get any better. Staff was very helpful. Room was great. The breakfast was very good. The national Infantry Museum was across the very large parking lot. The Hampton Inn is very easy to find from the highway

4 Thank nomad1957
Thank you for your comments about our property. we truely love to see everyone come to these graduations . We feel just as proud of these graduates as the families do.
Howey in the Hills, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2013

When making my reservation I used my HiltonHonors Points for one night. I needed to make a reservation for 3 nights. I messed up and only made a reservation for 2 nights and did not realized this until I checked in. The night I needed was sold out but the manager told me not to worry she would do everything to get me a room. She made sure that I was on the list for any cancellations which did happen and immediately contacted me. I really can't express how pleased I am with the entire staff at this hotel. I will be back in 12 weeks and know my experience will be the same because they care!!!

Room Tip: I had a room by the elevator and did not hear a thing!! That means alot to me.
4 Thank Patty O
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This was a very nice place. Recently opened, so still smell the new carpet and paint. Very nice lobby and rooms, and great staff. Even had a basket of small toys that my three year old was able to choose something at check in.

5 Thank mciufalo
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My mom, sister and I stayed at this Hampton Inn on March 22nd and 23rd during a grief conference for fallen heros in the military. The staff was kind, helpful, and professional. Way to go Paige and Cindy! We stayed in the Queen non-smoking room. The room is very spacious, even for three adults. The bathroom looks like something out of a gallery of homes magazine. The bathroom is spacious. The sink is made of marble, and it has a large area underneath where you can store toiletries, etc. The showers are roomy and the shower curtain does not move near you once you turn the shower on! Hooray! I hate how hotel shower curtains fill with air and move inwards near your wet skin while you are taking a shower. That is the grossest feeling! The beds are firm, but not so firm that you can't fall asleep. The pillows are made from goose feathers and they are thick enough. The top of the mattress seems to be made of gel or memory foam. The sheets and comforters are crisp and white. They look like they have been starched and pressed.
They serve coffee, and they provide tea bags all day. Last, but certainly not least, the hot breakfast was great! They served everything that you would expect for a southern breakfast (except for bacon). They even had home-style potatoes which is usually served for breakfast in northern states. The hotel is less than a mile from the Fort Benning gate. The hotel is also next to the National Infantry Museum and the IMAX theater. This is a beautiful hotel! I would stay here again. Keep in mind that there are two addresses for the same hotel: South Lumpkin Road, and Legacy Way.

I want to give special consideration to a young lady who is part of the dining staff. I did not get her name, but I remember her kind words of condolence to my sister and I on the loss of our loved one, Major Paul Anthony Bradley. She said that her husband is stationed in the Army. If one of the managers read this, tell her thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business