“Atmosphere is trendy but service and food is worthless.”

Iron Bank Coffee Co.
Ranked #1 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Columbus
Columbus, Georgia
“Atmosphere is trendy but service and food is worthless.”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ordered a medium coffee and it was fine. The bar to prep your drink was covered in sugar but that's ok. I also ordered a croissant with homemade jelly. Store bought and heated in the microwave which you can see right over the counter. No knives for jelly so they gave me a fork instead. The homemade jelly? The same strawberry or grape packages most breakfast buffets offer. Gross. The counter girls only dream of being hipsters - the only thing they have going for them are their lousy attitudes. A new more friendly staff and home made pastries AND jelly as advertised would be nice.

• Visited April 2014

Columbus, Georgia
“Cool place + rude & slow service + pricey = Won't return”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Had to attend a meeting there and wanted to order a sandwich or dessert and a drink before hand. Walked up to the counter to look at see what they had to offer and you would have thought I did something wrong. The 'girls' behind the counter didn't smile once, never welcomed me in and when I hesitated, thinking about what I wanted to order, I was met with a "Huuhhh" the sound of a loud exhale. I wanted to ask about one of the sandwiches and was pointed to the board.

The place, what was formerly a bank, is a really neat place and they did a great job decorating but unless I MUST attend another function there, I will not walk back into this place willingly. --The atmosphere isn't worth the service and attitude it comes with.

• Visited March 2014
“Something different”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I wanted something different so I tried this place. There is a very nice eclectic menu. My first choice wasn't available, my second choice was just ok. I will probably give it another try.

Visited February 2014
“Hipster feel BUT slow service and pricey!”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I want to like this place and have tried it a handful if times for lunch. Most of us don't have a long time so why are they always sooooo slow? More than once during normal lunch times they run out of standard menu items. These kinks should have been worked out long ago. It is pricey with small portions. It's good for just a cup of coffee but otherwise I won't be back.

Bloomington, Illinois
“Loved the setting; food not worth the price”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The Iron Bank is a unique spot because it is located in a former bank. The old vaults, the chandeliers and the eclectic furniture make for great atmosphere. My friend and I came in to see the place and get a quick bite to eat. The cost of 2 bowls of soup and 2 soft drinks came to $18. That's a bit pricey. The soup was just, well, soup (tomato bisque). I didn't price the coffee, but perhaps just getting a cup of coffee or tea and taking in the atmosphere would be the best way to experience the Iron Bank.

• Visited February 2014