“Very nice, secluded, yet close to everything we needed”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbus
Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Very nice, secluded, yet close to everything we needed”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. Of course, it was beautiful inside and out, clean, great rooms, great food in the restaurant, wonderful staff. We stayed with our kids and they LOVED going for walks each evening along the little lake right behind the hotel. We were there when there was a family of geese with several little ones. That was our daily excursion...watching them come and go into the water. So peaceful. The kids loved the pool as well. This hotel sits on the opposite side of the interstate from the restaurants and other public places. It is also in somewhat of a business park, so it feels a bit tricky to get into, but it's really very easy. I would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: You can get rooms that face the interstate or the oppostie side faces the "nature side" wh...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
AmandaRyals, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus, responded to this review, 17 March 2016
Thank you for allowing our hotel to be of service to you during your recent stay in Columbus. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience.

Amanda Ryals - Area Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We were in town for a food show and spent were given the privilege of being guest at the HGI. Entering thew lobby was more than we bargained for that night. The floors were in immaculate condition and the ambiance and decor left me wanting to see what the room would be like and to it was not disappointing! The room was clean and did not smell like a big cigarette like some of the previous HGIS that I had stayed in prior to this one. Staff was polite and customer friendly. Thanks Hilton Garden Inn for making it a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not in the little cul-de-sac.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Tyrone, Georgia
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We just experienced a wonderful family wedding with the reception held at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus. The lake, bridges & other water features offered a beautiful fall setting for outdoor bridal photos. The Azalea Ballroom was decorated just as the bride had requested & the food was delicious. The staff was very friendly, professional & most accommodating to the bride & groom, parents & over-night guest. Every detail was addressed with a kind & courteous spirit. Our room was super clean, linens were lush & the bed was very comfortable. Thanks for your sincere hospitality. We will definitely look forward to staying with you again in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Very nice almost secluded property on a lake. Don't have to worry about listening to busy roads. The rooms and decor in the hotel are very nice. The staff was very personal. Food at the restaurant was really good too. I definitely will stay again!

• Stayed November 2011

Reviewed 5 November 2011

My family and I are here for the weekend. We have been waitng for one hour when told " give me 15 to 20 mins "and no food is available. Wow ! Can you say refund for breakfast ! The rooms were okay. Beds were tolerable. This is not the Hilton quality I am used to.

• Stayed November 2011

Columbus, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I booked my wedding at the Hilton Garden Inn one week after I got engaged Sept. 2010. I attended a wedding there July 2007 and that day I knew I wanted this place to be my venue when it was my turn to get married. I fell in love with the whole place. I could not have asked for a better staff to work with and a more beautiful place for my wedding and reception on October 22, 2011. The food was AWESOME, the wait staff and bartender were so friendly and of course Ms. Gayla Johnson was so helpful. I had a stress free day of getting ready knowing that everything was going to be just how I asked. My guest have given nothing but compliments about the entire wedding/ Hilton experience. I will be recommending this place to anyone who is needing to book any type of event. From the beautiful grounds through the front door to the desk, the entire place is so well kept up and clean. We had the yummiest breakfast the next morning and when we went to clean up and collect our things from the ballroom the staff had already neatly packed all of our stuff into the boxes. I didn't have to search for anything and everything was there, not one misplaced item!!! I am overly impressed with the service and the staff. It was so comforting knowing that booking such a venue at the Hilton includes so much so in the long run it saved me money. COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR MORE!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca H

Orlando
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My spouse and I stayed at the HGI Columbus on July 31st, 2011.

After reading Trip Advisor reviews I picked the HGI because of the cleanliness ratings, which were good. An added attraction were the reviewer's descriptions of the lovely setting of the lake, ducks, and landscape, etc.

One reviewer mentioned booking a lakeside room, so I called the hotel to book, rather than making the reservation online, as there was no area for "special notes" on the reservations form online. I spoke with Joyce who told me to book online, then call back and she'd note the special request of a lakeside room, if available for our stay.

We arrived at the hotel and checked in at the desk. I asked if the room was lakeside and the clerk looked on the computer terminal and told me the lakeside rooms were first come, first served. The room we were given overlooked 2 parking lots, and was immediately next to the elevator and ice machine. It was quite noisy, even with the television turned on in our room.

Immediately upon entering the room I noticed a "mildew" odor, which eminated from the bathroom. Though it looked clean (there were no mildew stains round the bathtub) the odor was very strong.

The only positive of the stay was the very nice breakfast buffet attendant who brought me a cup of coffee from the kitchen, when it was discovered that the coffee maker on the buffet had malfunctioned, and there was no coffee immediately available.

I would not book again at this HGI.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple